:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:30 pm I only drove the 4 cylinder AWD since the 6 is out of budget. Seating position is perfect, engine note in the cabin is decent, handling is good, acceleration is enough IMO given the short gearing. I almost wanted to buy one but it's just plain too big for me. Even the base trim is nicely equipped.
:notbad:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:31 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Possibru. The dealership experience is so fucking awful I have absolutely zero desire to even test drive shit because of the massive waste of time and sanity it brings on.
Surprisingly, I went and roamed around the local DCJR :dillerman: today and not a soul bothered me while I sat in several vehicles in the showroom, opened doors, pushed buttons, and left.

I was shocked. I figured they'd try and bamboozle me with the full :tubeman: treatment.
:impressive:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:31 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Possibru. The dealership experience is so fucking awful I have absolutely zero desire to even test drive shit because of the massive waste of time and sanity it brings on.
Surprisingly, I went and roamed around the local DCJR :dillerman: today and not a soul bothered me while I sat in several vehicles in the showroom, opened doors, pushed buttons, and left.

I was shocked. I figured they'd try and bamboozle me with the full :tubeman: treatment.
They are too busy with customers getting an assreaming on a 96 months stretch pay with 4 beans and an unborn down
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:51 pm Image

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

$30k for a brand new GT1 black with red seats :datass:

That's a nice car at a great price.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Can smaller :ramz: fit on a Stinger? Those look like non stop bent wheels and blown sidewalls.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:38 am Can smaller :ramz: fit on a Stinger? Those look like non stop bent wheels and blown sidewalls.
Smaller? :butwhy:

Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:31 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:38 am Can smaller :ramz: fit on a Stinger? Those look like non stop bent wheels and blown sidewalls.
Smaller? :butwhy:

That looks what the fairy godmother would conjure up out of a 40oz for ghetto Cinderella.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Yes, you can go down to 18s. But a decent 19" fitment is pretty :megusta:

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:01 am

I know I don't like the roof line on this car, but something else is bugging me and I can't put my finger on it.

Just not understanding all the love for it TBH.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:03 am

I know I don't like the roof line on this car, but something else is bugging me and I can't put my finger on it.

a fun and mildly affordable budget barge that rivals BMWs? :iono:

Ive driven a few trims and they are pretty damn nice with super premium features like front/rear cams, cooled seats. Available napa leather and a banging sound system.

I put its interior/features right on par with my uncle's $70k MB amg suv/cuv thing. When you factor in the MSRP I'm very :notsure: on the Stinger but with the typical :dillerman: :dill: you are easily pulling off $10k with no effort negotiations.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:58 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:56 pm Don't test drive one, you'll want to buy it... and you don't want to like cars anymore.
This is dangerous.

Fawk.

:datass:

They look so damn good in black
Dude in my building owns one in bloo, it is a fine looking machine. Seems like they meet all your needs and far less depressing than an Outback.
ChrisoftheNorth

Pretty hefty reliability trade-off for those looks when you drive on the surface of the moon every day. I fail to see how this is at all an improvement over the STI other than size and maybe refinement.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:22 am

Pretty hefty reliability trade-off for those looks when you drive on the surface of the moon every day. I fail to see how this is at all an improvement over the STI other than size and maybe refinement.
I dont care about cars :wasteful: wont buy. I care about cool cars that the masses of DFD could afford. The Stinger is already ruled out for :wasteful: based on it not being a $20k econo shit box that he can :aintcare: about every day. The Stinger is a legit nice and fun car.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:08 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:03 am

Ive driven a few trims and they are pretty damn nice with super premium features like front/rear cams, cooled seats. Available napa leather and a banging sound system.

I put its interior/features right on par with my uncle's $70k MB amg suv/cuv thing. When you factor in the MSRP I'm very :notsure: on the Stinger but with the typical :dillerman: :dill: you are easily pulling off $10k with no effort negotiations.
Yeah, but $10k off can't fix ugly.

That roofline tells me the car was a 2 door and they quickly hacked it into a 4 door.

Plus, I owned a Hyundai/Kia and don't think I would do it again unless I wanted a cheaper Honda Accord. Would likely just Elantra or Sonata or something if I wanted that brand again.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:57 pm I did not realize these were so cheap....
Ive been saying the can be had for $34k OTD for a GT1 package. The GT2 premo model is right around $42k OTD.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:25 am
dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:08 am

That roofline tells me the car was a 2 door and they quickly hacked it into a 4 door.

Plus, I owned a Hyundai/Kia and don't think I would do it again unless I wanted a cheaper Honda Accord. Would likely just Elantra or Sonata or something if I wanted that brand again.
Kia/Hyundai has come a REALLY long way in even the last 5 years. What did you last own? And looks are pretty subjective. There are actual :wrong: people that hate the 911's beauty.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I love the look of the Stinger :iono: I park next to the blue one at my apartment sometimes and I think it looks as good as my 328.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:24 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:22 am
I dont care about cars :wasteful: wont buy. I care about cool cars that the masses of DFD could afford. The Stinger is already ruled out for :wasteful: based on it not being a $20k econo shit box that he can :aintcare: about every day. The Stinger is a legit nice and fun car.
Oh, I thought it was being seriously considered. NM.

I like that the Stinger exists. More people need to buy them to keep them alive.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:30 am
dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:24 am

BUT WHAT WILL HE DO :dolphin:

I like that the Stinger exists. More people need to buy them to keep them alive.

YES! but cars are dead :mahman: Long live the SUV
:dat: :wasteful: will never buy a car.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:32 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:30 am

BUT WHAT WILL HE DO :dolphin:

YES! but cars are dead :mahman: Long live the SUV
Cars are only dead because enough people weren't buying them. Plus tech costs have ballooned development costs, so CAPEX is tightly connected to what will sell the most volume.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:35 am
dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:32 am

Cars are only dead because enough people weren't buying them. Plus tech costs have ballooned development costs, so CAPEX is tightly connected to what will sell the most volume.
its widely established that people are stupid and do not know what's best for themselves.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:27 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:25 am

Kia/Hyundai has come a REALLY long way in even the last 5 years. What did you last own? And looks are pretty subjective. There are actual :wrong: people that hate the 911's beauty.
I had a 2011 GenCoupe 3.8 Track.

It was fair, but for $35k MSRP it didn't really hold it's own, and the transmission tuning was NOT for a sporty car. A friend bought a later GenCoupe R-Spec with manual and it was in the shop about 30% of the time. It was a 15 or maybe 16 and he finally dumped it last year after having to drive his '70s Cherokee Chief as a daily because it was more reliable.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:37 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:35 am
its widely established that people are stupid and do not know what's best for themselves.
:hai:
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:21 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:58 pm

This is dangerous.

Fawk.

:datass:

They look so damn good in black
Dude in my building owns one in bloo, it is a fine looking machine. Seems like they meet all your needs and far less depressing than an Outback.
There’s a black one floating around in my hood. It looks awesome.