:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:02 pm

Which is key for going through some of the local potholes!

In all seriousness you post so many ideas I'm not sure what you really think about replacing your WANG, but I like this idea. Nice looking, bulletproof, incredibly useful, a ten year truck if there ever was one, and used enough so that you don't gnash your teeth and then throw yourself onto the rocks below when some asshole dings it up.
The discos are much stiffer on road, so less swaying, but have hydraulic releases that effectively disable them when off-roading or when you hit a gnarly pothole. The 4R's I've driven haven't had this system and they feel like an absolute barge.... supposedly KDSS helps them feel more regular to drive.

Really I don't know man. I'm all over the map.
A 4700lb behemoth with a V6 is not going to fill like anything but a barge KDSS or not. But :whocares: you're trying to roll around moon craters without caring. :iono:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:16 pm

The discos are much stiffer on road, so less swaying, but have hydraulic releases that effectively disable them when off-roading or when you hit a gnarly pothole. The 4R's I've driven haven't had this system and they feel like an absolute barge.... supposedly KDSS helps them feel more regular to drive.

You should rally car.... oh.
An automatic version of my car would be pretty great.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:20 pm

A 4700lb behemoth with a V6 is not going to fill like anything but a barge KDSS or not. But :whocares: you're trying to roll around moon craters without caring. :iono:
Thats part of the madness that is my brain. I think :butwhy: do I need to roll around in a barge getting 12 MPG if the goal is comfy derpy cruising, a Forester solves the same problem and gets 2x the gas mileage. But a Forester :disgust: so slow. I kinda just want something I don't have to think about. That's what was nice about the van, no thought required, bomb over bullshit roads just fine, plenty of power on tap, a banging stereo, and nice interior. I want that, just not in minivan form. Like a Volvo XC40 is close to ideal for me but so expensive that I'd hate myself if/when it got UPS truck'd. I need the 50% price version that is still reliable.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:31 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:20 pm

Thats part of the madness that is my brain. I think :butwhy: do I need to roll around in a barge getting 12 MPG if the goal is comfy derpy cruising, a Forester solves the same problem and gets 2x the gas mileage. But a Forester :disgust: so slow. I kinda just want something I don't have to think about. That's what was nice about the van, no thought required, bomb over bullshit roads just fine, plenty of power on tap, a banging stereo, and nice interior. I want that, just not in minivan form. Like a Volvo XC40 is close to ideal for me but so expensive that I'd hate myself if/when it got UPS truck'd. I need the 50% price version that is still reliable.
Dude a 4 Runner solves it all, with the only downside being MPG. I wouldn't touch anything Euro, you will have your hands full with crotch-fruit with no time to deal with all that other madness. It's comfortable, reliable, and easy to maintain. Everything you need. And it doesn't mean you gave up on life either as a 4 runner is at least somewhat rugged.

Get that MPG thing our of your mind... it's what... $100 a month? That won't make or break any budget at current gas prices.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:31 pm Thats part of the madness that is my brain. I think :butwhy: do I need to roll around in a barge getting 12 MPG if the goal is comfy derpy cruising, a Forester solves the same problem and gets 2x the gas mileage. But a Forester :disgust: so slow. I kinda just want something I don't have to think about. That's what was nice about the van, no thought required, bomb over bullshit roads just fine, plenty of power on tap, a banging stereo, and nice interior. I want that, just not in minivan form. Like a Volvo XC40 is close to ideal for me but so expensive that I'd hate myself if/when it got UPS truck'd. I need the 50% price version that is still reliable.
Dude a 4 Runner solves it all, with the only downside being MPG. I wouldn't touch anything Euro, you will have your hands full with crotch-fruit with no time to deal with all that other madness. It's comfortable, reliable, and easy to maintain. Everything you need. And it doesn't mean you gave up on life either as a 4 runner is at least somewhat rugged.

Get that MPG thing our of your mind... it's what... $100 a month? That won't make or break any budget at current gas prices.
:dat:

And who cares about speed when you're doing 90% city driving.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I still think AWD v6 Venza would be pretty ideal in your case
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I'd buy the newest gen Rage 4, it is reliable, good on gas, good on moon surface, easy on the eyes (basically looks more like a 4 runner), and has a full dealer warranty.

Gas not being an issue I'd rather have the 4 Runner posted, 30k is outstanding and would leave a small note after trading in the rally car.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:21 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:34 pm I still think AWD v6 Venza would be pretty ideal in your case
Terrible cars.

Crashy suspension, cobbled together platform. Great on paper, terrible in execution.

Forester XT hasn't crossed your mind, :wasteful: ?

Would give you some of the :plaid: you're after.
It’s the :aintcare: but :care: a bit solution.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:53 am
Apex wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:43 am

Actually, wait...

Did Subaru drop the turbo Forester?

Shit. :flaccid:
:balls: err, no :balls: ?

Captain Cheesesteak doesn’t want new doe, so I’m sure he could find a nice used one that’s not all vaped out because Forester.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:53 am
Apex wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:43 am

Actually, wait...

Did Subaru drop the turbo Forester?

Shit. :flaccid:
Right no current one. Last gen would be alright I guess. I haven’t driven one so I don’t know if they’re really rough and crashy to drive like a heavier WRX. I was in one for a day in Seattle with some friends and it had a pretty bad loud ride. But that was a 2014?? Or so. They got better for the 2017 model year supposedly.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:05 pm
max225 wrote: Dude a 4 Runner solves it all, with the only downside being MPG. I wouldn't touch anything Euro, you will have your hands full with crotch-fruit with no time to deal with all that other madness. It's comfortable, reliable, and easy to maintain. Everything you need. And it doesn't mean you gave up on life either as a 4 runner is at least somewhat rugged.

:dat:

And who cares about speed when you're doing 90% city driving.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Speed still matters somewhat to me. I don’t need it stupid fast but 8 seconds to 60 at least would be pretty good.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:01 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:41 am

Right no current one. Last gen would be alright I guess. I haven’t driven one so I don’t know if they’re really rough and crashy to drive like a heavier WRX. I was in one for a day in Seattle with some friends and it had a pretty bad loud ride. But that was a 2014?? Or so. They got better for the 2017 model year supposedly.
Scoobydoos are just loud inside. Nature of the vape.
:dat: louder than a mk 7 and my mini sort of on par with a mk6.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:01 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:41 am

Scoobydoos are just loud inside. Nature of the vape.
Imprezas are somewhat quiet. New ones at least. Supposedly they all got quieter in 2017 with added sound deadening and laminated glass.

I don’t mind a bit of noise. None of these are Wrongler levels of noise. But I do want a decent stereo too. Aftermarket is fine for fixing a stereo.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

4Runner is :notbad: , gas is like $2 and you barely drive... I’d go for it.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:57 pm Image

Auto non-M N54? :nope:
Johnny_P

Cool on paper or if it’s someone else’s car. That motor is a basket case.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Swedish Chef wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:06 pm

Auto non-M N54? :nope:
Not even a ZF, an even worse 6 speed. I know there are tunes available for those but :whocares: if I'm not serious on it. M or not, dat steering feel is :megusta:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

now this is my possible next :plac: contender, exterior began growing on me more, but I feel like aesthetically I should something with the front end :iono: visibility will bug me for sure, but tolerable.

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1360642

m240i still has a warm place in my heart, I miss :manuel: but knowing the zf8 trans along with the powerband it's pretty much the way as god as intended but :aintcare: #savethemanuals

I'm also contemplating on keeping the GTI as a "winter beater" or "people/family hauler" since it's already paid off, we'll see when the time comes

edit: I also learned the imperfection section :mindblown: :themoreyouknow:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:31 am now this is my possible next :plac: contender, exterior began growing on me more, but I feel like aesthetically I should something with the front end :iono: visibility will bug me for sure, but tolerable.

m240i still has a warm place in my heart, I miss :manuel: but knowing the zf8 trans along with the powerband it's pretty much the way as god as intended but :aintcare: #savethemanuals

I'm also contemplating on keeping the GTI as a "winter beater" or "people/family hauler" since it's already paid off, we'll see when the time comes

Camaro would be :neat: ! :popcorn: on the :plac: move, excited to see you move on from egg life (not that there's anythig :wrong: with them).

Personally I'd try to avoid the two car lyfe unless you have a really good reason, it's definitely more headache and expense.
Johnny_P

The Camaro SS drives a hell of a lot better than an egg
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:47 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:31 am now this is my possible next :plac: contender, exterior began growing on me more, but I feel like aesthetically I should something with the front end :iono: visibility will bug me for sure, but tolerable.

Camaro would be :neat: ! :popcorn: on the :plac: move, excited to see you move on from egg life (not that there's anythig :wrong: with them).

Personally I'd try to avoid the two car lyfe unless you have a really good reason, it's definitely more headache and expense.
:dat: Well I figured that since the GTI is already paid off and I can still have a good use of the car, like when I go up to mountains even though I haven't been in a while. But lot less miles on the car even though it's extra for maintenance for the occasion + insurance and such. I know a guy from our group that can do a best bang for your buck quality work at his shop (even a couple from PA drove their cars there) as far as maintenance is concerned. That can only be concluded when I'm really ready to pull the plunge. Maybe I'll use the GTI instead of the next :plac: when it's ready for park by feelers in the nations capital since it's tanked with depreciation now. I just hit 90k and it doesn't feel clapped out, even my non car friends were :mindblown: how "new" my car is :lolol:
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:57 pm The Camaro SS drives a hell of a lot better than an egg
that's why it is my contender, I just hope I won't take it for granted when I get sent to the slammer for 80 mph. Reasons why I'm glad I live close to MD :lolol:
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:02 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:57 pm The Camaro SS drives a hell of a lot better than an egg
that's why it is my contender, I just hope I won't take it for granted when I get sent to the slammer for 80 mph. Reasons why I'm glad I live close to MD :lolol:
Fuck it dude. They're fun. Way more fun than a GTI. Just a beast to parallel park and navigate on a tight road. But if you don't do that often, then why not. Go drive one.