:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:26 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:00 pm

:butwhy:
Because in 2002 what other american performance sedan could the owner have bought?
:iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

It’s the Caddy that zigs.
:therapist:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:46 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:45 pm

The 4S gets you :datass: but even the narrow bodies have curves. Hint, you can fit a 285 up front with some massaging.

I’d be perfectly happy with a base C2.
:manual: all the way on it too.
I should have bought a 996 years ago. I didn't because of the IMS thing, and being an only car, chance of catastrophic engine failure wasn't really my thing.

Cool cars. Sound great. I don't have experience driving one, but the 997 C2S was pretty rad, so I imagine a 996 C2 would be fun as well.
my uncle used to have the 996 c2, from a passenger experience it's a freaking riot, had no rattles and squeaks and I'm told they usually helds pretty well in that department. You can definitely feel the weight in the back as it goes. Not as intense as late 2000's M cars like the e92 M3 and the v10 m6.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:48 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:46 pm

I should have bought a 996 years ago. I didn't because of the IMS thing, and being an only car, chance of catastrophic engine failure wasn't really my thing.

Cool cars. Sound great. I don't have experience driving one, but the 997 C2S was pretty rad, so I imagine a 996 C2 would be fun as well.
my uncle used to have the 996 c2, from a passenger experience it's a freaking riot, had no rattles and squeaks and I'm told they usually helds pretty well in that department. You can definitely feel the weight in the back as it goes. Not as intense as late 2000's M cars like the e92 M3 and the v10 m6.
Interesting. All Porsche’s from that era that I’ve ridden in have had rattles. But they are older cars with cheap interiors.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:13 pm
Cool. Don't want those seats, but neat car. Probably a blast to drive.
You'd be surprised how comfy race seats are, honestly. I drove 2.5 hours to VIR, spent 1-1.5 in the car tracking, 3 hours home (including a 30 minute stop sitting in the car eating Tqaco Bell) and at no point was I uncomfortable at all, in fact I'd rate the comfort second only to the BMW out of the car seats I've owned. Now... getting in/out is very annoying and it would be wickedly hot without aggressive AC.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:02 am

You'd be surprised how comfy race seats are, honestly. I drove 2.5 hours to VIR, spent 1-1.5 in the car tracking, 3 hours home (including a 30 minute stop sitting in the car eating Tqaco Bell) and at no point was I uncomfortable at all, in fact I'd rate the comfort second only to the BMW out of the car seats I've owned. Now... getting in/out is very annoying and it would be wickedly hot without aggressive AC.
Hm. I don't like seats that pinch your shoulders forward.
Johnny_P

Shitty black interior aside, this is awesome for Autobahn GTI money.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:03 am

Gotta have one that is the right size or it's a :nope:
Johnny_P

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

Blue one for about the same, with a oyster interior.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:10 am https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

I like this one
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Have you sat in the euro gt3 seats before? I really enjoyed them.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:15 am

I'm not sure. I think the ones I sat in reclined. I think they were seats from a Cayman R. Been a long time. But they pinched your shoulders forward. Likely not an issue if you are driving, as you're holding the wheel anyway. But for longer distance and as a passenger it was awful.

This is what they looked like I believe:

Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:19 am

I'm not sure. I think the ones I sat in reclined. I think they were seats from a Cayman R. Been a long time. But they pinched your shoulders forward. Likely not an issue if you are driving, as you're holding the wheel anyway. But for longer distance and as a passenger it was awful.

Ah, different seats then. With the proper mounting, with the seat tilted slightly, the GT3s were comfortable to me.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I spent a ton of time in shitty Corbeau Forza seats in my 951, they were surprisingly :notbad:

Those GT3 seats have always been :megusta: to me.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:33 am

I spent a ton of time in shitty Corbeau Forza seats in my 951, they were surprisingly :notbad:

Those GT3 seats have always been :megusta: to me.
:word: I have the :waxer: QRT-R (like a $1K seat) but it rules. It's a very personal thing though, when you're getting something that snug, if it doesn't fit your body right, it sucks.
ChrisoftheNorth

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164297404328?ul_noapp=true

Kind of a basket case, but a great price and would be quite a bit of fun to play with and bring back to life.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Calvinball wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:43 am

It’s the Caddy that zigs.
:disgust:
I hated that ad campaign.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:10 am https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

:megusta:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:19 am

Me and :narc: went to the Porsche dealer one time and I sat in the gt4 with those seats, these are certainly not daily cars at all, just getting in and out everyday going about your day is just a pain, especially when I have the DFD height.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:57 pm https://www.ebay.com/itm/164297404328?ul_noapp=true

Kind of a basket case, but a great price and would be quite a bit of fun to play with and bring back to life.
:notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:57 pm https://www.ebay.com/itm/164297404328?ul_noapp=true

You should :doit: You can stay here on the way down and/or back up.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Paging Johnny, low miles, compact and a wagon. I'm sure detroitplac can verify whats it like to own one of those

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 064620889/
ChrisoftheNorth

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:49 pm Paging Johnny, low miles, compact and a wagon. I'm sure detroitplac can verify whats it like to own one of those

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 064620889/
My dad had two of these...they were stupid reliable, but man...just not that nice overall. Interior quality was typical GM crap from the 00's, and the drive was just very meh.

One he had tuned was legit :lolol: to drive, but still overall a meh car.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Man used car pricing is still nuts. It seems like the plandemic bolstered prices...
30-40k for 5+ year old JKs
Used JL's for more than new... "new" not available... supply out here seems super low. :dillerman: are closed or at limited capacity.

Whole lotta :wtf:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:39 pm Man used car pricing is still nuts. It seems like the plandemic bolstered prices...
30-40k for 5+ year old JKs
Used JL's for more than new... "new" not available... supply out here seems super low. :dillerman: are closed or at limited capacity.

Whole lotta :wtf:
I've noticed this in my random searching....EVERYTHING is expensive right now. Makes zero sense, but now that the trumpbux are drying up, purchasing power should be with it.