:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:37 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:44 am

No used for moi, all about that cpo or carvana and such
Could be worthwhile to turo or straight up rent one for a day. You’re probably in for like $150 but that gets you a full day to assess it. Food for thought.
:dat:

Nothing :wrong: with Carmax for a quick test, but it's not enough to base a $35-40K decision on. I'd say go to Carmax, drive 5-7 things, if anything is a blaring :nope: (not comfortable in the seat, can't see out of it, etc) then knock that off the list, Turo/rent the rest if available.

If I had had access to test my BMW for a day I probably would've :nope: out and just bought the Si.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:04 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:37 am

Could be worthwhile to turo or straight up rent one for a day. You’re probably in for like $150 but that gets you a full day to assess it. Food for thought.

Nothing :wrong: with Carmax for a quick test, but it's not enough to base a $35-40K decision on. I'd say go to Carmax, drive 5-7 things, if anything is a blaring :nope: (not comfortable in the seat, can't see out of it, etc) then knock that off the list, Turo/rent the rest if available.

If I had had access to test my BMW for a day I probably would've :nope: out and just bought the Si.
I could've suspected that the si has more feelz and has more engagement. If there is one bmw that i would get without being hesistant at all based on my drivability liking, e92 335i or m3. I loved driving my old coworkers e92 328xi, even though it feels like a dog otherwise
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:08 am

K
:gaydance:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:01 am

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a better :dill: new than those :fancy: used services, it's worth looking at at least.
My ideal budget is $35k at best. for M240i the less I could find was 11k while the majority of the :manuel: is around 25-40k, which my guess would be one thing, accident history. One of my VW buddies just got a non-M 2016 340i that he got for $27k with 24k miles, turns out it had front end collision (we found out by panel gaps), one headlight has a sticker of 2016 and the other 2019. That probably explains that one example I found with only 11k miles and around $28k iirc.

Camaro's are obviously cheaper brand new, and faster, and reliable as a clingy friend zoned guy who would do anything for her to win her over, $35k get's you a 6k miles, that's essentially brand new.

This one is in the local carmax, would :dock: https://www.carmax.com/car/18368814
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:02 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a better :dill: new than those :fancy: used services, it's worth looking at at least.
My ideal budget is $35k at best. for M240i the less I could find was 11k while the majority of the :manuel: is around 25-40k, which my guess would be one thing, accident history. One of my VW buddies just got a non-M 2016 340i that he got for $27k with 24k miles, turns out it had front end collision (we found out by panel gaps), one headlight has a sticker of 2016 and the other 2019. That probably explains that one example I found with only 11k miles and around $28k iirc.

Camaro's are obviously cheaper brand new, and faster, and reliable as a clingy friend zoned guy who would do anything for her to win her over, $35k get's you a 6k miles, that's essentially brand new.

This one is in the local carmax, would :dock: https://www.carmax.com/car/18368814
That's a 1LE. I'd go regular SS for daily duty
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Looks like a 1LE track spec. Might be a little stiff for daily roads in the DC region. But would be fun to romp on. Go try it out! Test drives are great when you’re testing fun cars. FWIW the one I rented just had the base dumb dampers and no go fast track spec stuff and it was plenty awesome.

That mero will be more reliable long term than a 335i.

If you try out a 240i, just be sure to take it on a longer ish test drive and try the different drive modes.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:40 pm

Looks like a 1LE track spec. Might be a little stiff for daily roads in the DC region. But would be fun to romp on. Go try it out! Test drives are great when you’re testing fun cars. FWIW the one I rented just had the base dumb dampers and no go fast track spec stuff and it was plenty awesome.

If you try out a 240i, just be sure to take it on a longer ish test drive and try the different drive modes.
I can tell by the seats but looks :megusta:
Yeah I'm looking to only test drive it :lol: it'll be gone by the time I'll pull the plunge :lolol:
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:42 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:40 pm

Yeah I'm looking to only test drive it :lol: it'll be gone by the time I'll pull the plunge :lolol:
Global warming bruv. Snow is extinct. RWD and summer tires year round NFG.

I’d go test it this week if I were you. And if you like it enough see what’s on the market. Now is the best time to buy a sports car.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:48 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:42 pm

Global warming bruv. Snow is extinct. RWD and summer tires year round NFG.

I’d go test it this week if I were you. And if you like it enough see what’s on the market. Now is the best time to buy a sports car.
I think I can squeeze in for a test drive this weekend, those who haz snap will post on DFD snap and insta for those who follow me
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

also no m240i in my local carmax :sad: and dc turo, time to look for Baltimore and perhaps philly, I smell a day trip
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:05 pm turo searches
https://turo.com/us/en-us/car-rental/ba ... d=_Lgpw9X- :fuckyeah:

:nice:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

BMWs often just fall off a cliff, mine was 50% of MSRP with only 15K miles, but four years old.

The thing is they continue to fall off a cliff, probably already lost $5K on it in 16 months.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

This is a V6 Camaro btw. Probably still fun but not sure if you were looking for just the V8
Johnny_P

I’d try and find a V8 to goon around. Call around to rental places they might have an automatic one in the fleet. I’d bet an airport like BWI or Dulles would. National rental car is where we got the green SS.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote:I’d try and find a V8 to goon around. Call around to rental places they might have an automatic one in the fleet. I’d bet an airport like BWI or Dulles would. National rental car is where we got the green SS.

Although I lucked out when I went to the :dillerman: . Younger salesbro let me drive it no problem.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:03 pm
Johnny_P wrote:I’d try and find a V8 to goon around. Call around to rental places they might have an automatic one in the fleet. I’d bet an airport like BWI or Dulles would. National rental car is where we got the green SS.

Although I lucked out when I went to the :dillerman: . Younger salesbro let me drive it no problem.

Oh yeah I mean they should let him drive one at the dealer. But a longer test drive by renting one would be really nice to make sure it’s what you want. And you can find these as rental cars. Can’t find an STI or a GoRf as a rental.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:45 pm
This is a V6 Camaro btw. Probably still fun but not sure if you were looking for just the V8
explains the 25 mpg, I might as well get another turbo 4 banger if I ever go for another v6 pony car. This dude went custom everything (notice the arm rest) :whocares:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:13 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:03 pm :dat:

Oh yeah I mean they should let him drive one at the dealer. But a longer test drive by renting one would be really nice to make sure it’s what you want. And you can find these as rental cars. Can’t find an STI or a GoRf as a rental.
looks like you gotta select on lot of different dates, which is very time consuming and possibru :rage: at the same time to dig in.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:41 pm I’d try and find a V8 to goon around. Call around to rental places they might have an automatic one in the fleet. I’d bet an airport like BWI or Dulles would. National rental car is where we got the green SS.
yeah that I wouldn't be surprised. Especially since the turo pricing Juans I've found are rated roughly the same as these bros have posted it.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:41 pm I’d try and find a V8 to goon around. Call around to rental places they might have an automatic one in the fleet. I’d bet an airport like BWI or Dulles would. National rental car is where we got the green SS.
yeah v6's are :nope: since that's not exactly what im looking for.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:00 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:13 pm

looks like you gotta select on lot of different dates, which is very time consuming and possibru :rage: at the same time to dig in.
That's why I'd try and call and ask if they have any SS's at all. If they do, great, then get into discussions of availability and pricing.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:02 pm
yeah that I wouldn't be surprised. Especially since the turo pricing Juans I've found are rated roughly the same as these bros have posted it.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:59 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:45 pm

explains the 25 mpg, I might as well get another turbo 4 banger if I ever go for another v6 pony car. This dude went custom everything (notice the arm rest) :whocares:
I'm all for the V8, but that is still a neat car, the V6 is no slouch, it's lighter and has the handling packages, probably great for a track car where the powah really isn't necessary. I'd go V8 for the noises though and they really aren't all that less fuel efficient. To your point, if you go for a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger, may as well get the V8, these options won't be around forever. Once you go natty V8, everything else is kinda meh :doe: .
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

When I got my Elantra at National last week, I saw like five V8 Camaros in the baller section.