:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:06 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:35 pm

Fair counter point. But you special ordered this bish and paid retail ? You know the car and the history. Why trade it on the devil you don’t know ? Arguably the Efivefiddy is no better performance wise than the beema. And will likely cost +20% in fuel alone
It has 12K miles on it and the Carfox shows regular work at Mercedes shops. How much devil can there be? I know it's old but damn dude it is basically brand new. That 5.5 pulls like an ox, and there are numerous examples with over 150K miles on them. Car is fast. No doubt fake sport corners better even with :225: Don't care about fuel costs, my daily commute is 10 miles.
Well then it seems like the mind is made up. I commend you on your efforts and look forward to the purchase.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:51 pm I think Eric should Peter Poon the fuck out of it and get some badass lease for a year @$800/month. It will be cheaper than either thing in question and probably better (if there are even leases out there to take over anymore :notsure: ).
I'm not a lease guy. The only thing :fullretard: about this is selling a 2008 CLS 550 with the same powertrain, replacing it with the BMW, then going back to puchase the same powertrain. That is somewhat Z/Griffesque. :plac: even. Pretty :gay:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:09 pm

It has 12K miles on it and the Carfox shows regular work at Mercedes shops. How much devil can there be? I know it's old but damn dude it is basically brand new. That 5.5 pulls like an ox, and there are numerous examples with over 150K miles on them. Car is fast. No doubt fake sport corners better even with :225: Don't care about fuel costs, my daily commute is 10 miles.
Well then it seems like the mind is made up. I commend you on your efforts and look forward to the purchase.
Not entirely. The smarter play is to buy an W212 with 30-40K on it in my neighborhood............like the one pre-Covid that was in San Diego County for 17K dollhairs. now I'm paying COVID prices for an older gen.....even though I think it is better looking. The real impetus is getting COVID prices on my bimmer........which I am dispassionate about and needs about $1000 worth of love that the VROOM lady gives zero fucks about. Car also needs B6 struts/shox. And at the end of the day its forgettable

Other item is I've never paid for a super low mile creampuff before. YOLO. I dunno. I appreciate your comments and the only real hesitation I have is all W211 E550s come with air suspension which has left me stranded. I think I can only fix it with Arnott Coilovers which are :notsure: Or $975 Bilstein airsprings or cheaper Arnott airsprings.

At the end of the day I suffer from the same maladies as most on here and I deeply hate myself for it.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:25 pm https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/ ... 88951.html

Have 7 soul sucking family members including yourself? Behold this is your transportation answer if you're on a :scrooge: budget.

Also :unicorn:

:gag:
One of the ugliest motherfucking cars ever. :nope: :dislike: :dislike:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:20 pm

Not entirely. The smarter play is to buy an W212 with 30-40K on it in my neighborhood............like the one pre-Covid that was in San Diego County for 17K dollhairs. now I'm paying COVID prices for an older gen.....even though I think it is better looking. The real impetus is getting COVID prices on my bimmer........which I am dispassionate about and needs about $1000 worth of love that the VROOM lady gives zero fucks about. Car also needs B6 struts/shox. And at the end of the day its forgettable

Other item is I've never paid for a super low mile creampuff before. YOLO. I dunno. I appreciate your comments and the only real hesitation I have is all W211 E550s come with air suspension which has left me stranded. I think I can only fix it with Arnott Coilovers which are :notsure: Or $975 Bilstein airsprings or cheaper Arnott airsprings.

At the end of the day I suffer from the same maladies as most on here and I deeply hate myself for it.
Was your CLS the sport trim as well?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:17 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:20 pm

Yes. Loved the powertrain, hated the visibility
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:46 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:17 pm

My coworker totaled his E550 and replaced it with a CLS. That's bitch was big AF in all the wrong places.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:53 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:46 pm

My coworker totaled his E550 and replaced it with a CLS. That's bitch was big AF in all the wrong places.
Exactly. Much style, just not my style.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I woke up this morning deciding to stop hating money. Maybe I need to get some mulch.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:19 am

I woke up this morning deciding to stop hating money. Maybe I need to get some mulch.
So you want to sell your Beemah and buy a similar one but with the right color, a :manuel: , and a :jalepenis: engine for $12K less?

:dillerman:

FWIW, WalMart has the best mulch :dill: Load that Tahoe up.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:26 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:19 am

So you want to sell your Beemah and buy a similar one but with the right color, a :manuel: , and a :jalepenis: engine for $12K less?

Sams got it even cheaper. Wifey was buying hers at Lowe's, then saw it at wallyworld, and then realized that Sam's was stacking the shit at the front door for an even better price
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:47 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:26 am

Sams got it even cheaper. Wifey was buying hers at Lowe's, then saw it at wallyworld, and then realized that Sam's was stacking the shit at the front door for an even better price
:ohdang:

I don't have a membershit there, but worth remembering. We got WallyWorld for $1.95/bag or something like that, Lowes/Home Depot is like $3.50... when you buy a whole season's worth, that difference adds up.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:24 am https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... l%7D%22%7D

I had a 2012 white four door :lolol: :pouroneout:
I wonder how my 2015 is doing doe, whose driving it :notsure:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I've never wanted a Tacoma, but damn this thing looks pretty :nice: "damage" appears to be peeling PPF. :notbad:

https://www.vroom.com/inventory/toyota- ... N4JX147182
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:30 am I've never wanted a Tacoma, but damn this thing looks pretty :nice: "damage" appears to be peeling PPF. :notbad:

:manuel: + whorange?

Yes please.

:iono: I don't really see myself as a Tacoma guy, but man do I see why people like them. They are so useful and dependable and compared to a :jeep: or full size :truk: they really are much more car-like in their driving dynamics.

I don't really see myself owning one because I just have no need, but they are great vehicles for their intended purpose. They are loved by terrorists and bros for a reason.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:40 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:30 am I've never wanted a Tacoma, but damn this thing looks pretty :nice: "damage" appears to be peeling PPF. :notbad:

Yes please.

:iono: I don't really see myself as a Tacoma guy, but man do I see why people like them. They are so useful and dependable and compared to a :jeep: or full size :truk: they really are much more car-like in their driving dynamics.

I don't really see myself owning one because I just have no need, but they are great vehicles for their intended purpose. They are loved by terrorists and bros for a reason.
It's an ideal spec (TuRD Off-road, whorange+ :manuel: ). I'd probably pull the trigger on this if I needed a 2nd vehicle. Strong resale so I could off it on a moments notice if I wanted something else without losing my ass, will off-road/camp and tow the boat.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:40 am

Yes please.

It's an ideal spec (TuRD Off-road, whorange+ :manuel: ). I'd probably pull the trigger on this if I needed a 2nd vehicle. Strong resale so I could off it on a moments notice if I wanted something else without losing my ass, will off-road/camp and tow the boat.
:doit:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:20 pm
Zero need for it. Prices seem to be finally softening (this dropped $1k from when I found it last week), so patience is the way since I'm not even remotely desperate. If I bought it, I'd drive it maybe every other week at most.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:43 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:26 pm

Zero need for it. Prices seem to be finally softening (this dropped $1k from when I found it last week), so patience is the way since I'm not even remotely desperate. If I bought it, I'd drive it maybe every other week at most.
Yeah man, I was praising the fucking lord when my title finally showed up for the Corvette the same day the :okboomer: bought it. I think it will be back to a $10K car by December.

I've noticed the housing market here seems to be getting a bit less crazy here as well.

Zillow bought this house like 100' from my house a few months ago for $450K :lolol: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/709- ... 6791_zpid/

The damn back yard butts up against the main road strewn with dead animals and other detritus as well as a lot of noise. I was :mindblown: that it went for $450K and thought Zillow were fools, glad I was right.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:51 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:43 pm
Yeah man, I was praising the fucking lord when my title finally showed up for the Corvette the same day the :okboomer: bought it. I think it will be back to a $10K car by December.

I've noticed the housing market here seems to be getting a bit less crazy here as well.

Zillow bought this house like 100' from my house a few months ago for $450K :lolol: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/709- ... 6791_zpid/

The damn back yard butts up against the main road strewn with dead animals and other detritus as well as a lot of noise. I was :mindblown: that it went for $450K and thought Zillow were fools, glad I was right.
Yea, housing has stopped here hard. Tons of stuff for sale, a lot been on the market for a while, I think the correction is starting. Same with vehicles, I'm starting to see things in FBM that I consider to be fair priced for the first time in a while. This Tacoma for example, I think it's a pretty fair deal for the combo, year, miles, and the spotless Carfox. It was clearly owned by someone that gave a shit. :manuel: must be making it sit? That's the only reason I'd consider a Tacoma.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:11 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:51 pm

Yea, housing has stopped here hard. Tons of stuff for sale, a lot been on the market for a while, I think the correction is starting. Same with vehicles, I'm starting to see things in FBM that I consider to be fair priced for the first time in a while. This Tacoma for example, I think it's a pretty fair deal for the combo, year, miles, and the spotless Carfox. It was clearly owned by someone that gave a shit. :manuel: must be making it sit? That's the only reason I'd consider a Tacoma.
I think you forgot to include a link to the Taco.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:11 pm
A few posts up breh...
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:28 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:13 pm

A few posts up breh...
Ah. Still seems high, but Tacos are gonna Taco.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:38 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:28 pm
A few posts up breh...
Ah. Still seems high, but Tacos are gonna Taco.
It's "only" MSRP or so :doe: :trollface: