:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:00 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:56 pm
Yep but it is either that or drive the sitter to your house 3-4 times a week because she doesn't have a car. Different story all together. But I would HAAAAATE to be in the market for a car right now. This is about as bad as it has ever been.

I am semi contemplating selling off all of my cars, but there is nothing to replace them with for one and I don't think I want to drive a 20 year old taco
How frequently do you drive anyway?

That's my thing, I rarely ever drive anymore, so what the hell do I need a fancy thing for? That won't last forever, but might as well capitalize on the :fullretard: for now and just simplify.
I drive 5-6 times a week. I live on top of a big hill in a foresty area. Nothing is walking distance from here. So far I put about 5500 miles on the new taco that will get another 2300 miles this month. + Old taco I put on 5000 miles in the last 8 months. So I am on pace to drive about 17-20k miles a year or so.

And yes I can do it in some sort of POS vehicle... we currently have nearly 4 cars between us 2... We can probably make due with her TSX + the old taco. But they old taco is frankly nearly embarrassing to drive. She sort of refuses to take it places... and I don't blame her.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:04 pm

That's my thing, I rarely ever drive anymore, so what the hell do I need a fancy thing for? That won't last forever, but might as well capitalize on the :fullretard: for now and just simplify.
I drive 5-6 times a week. I live on top of a big hill in a foresty area. Nothing is walking distance from here. So far I put about 5500 miles on the new taco that will get another 2300 miles this month. + Old taco I put on 5000 miles in the last 8 months. So I am on pace to drive about 17-20k miles a year or so.

And yes I can do it in some sort of POS vehicle... we currently have nearly 4 cars between us 2... We can probably make due with her TSX + the old taco. But they old taco is frankly nearly embarrassing to drive. She sort of refuses to take it places... and I don't blame her.
You should get rid of one out of the two old cars.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:12 pm

You should get rid of one out of the two old cars.
As mentioned they all serve some sort of purpose. Old taco is a forever vehicle will likely stay... TSX will likely get infinite miles in the future if/when offices open as we will go into a 100 mile R/T commute at that point. Mini... I have no idea what to do with, Taco is my only 4x4 that is also super utilitarian... But yea I want to have a "nice" car to drive and it seems like that's the only 1 to keep out of the 4... the 2nd most likely one is the TSX. But seems senseless to sell the mini for 17 (vroom offer) considering what I have seen in under 20k category.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:impressive:

If I drive twice a week, that's something. We also can't walk to anything, so we just keep a running list of things we need and hit everything in one shot one day a week.

CT has 6,500 miles on it, got it 2 months ago almost to the day. A lot of that is the grand adventure :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

I also don't find vehicles embarrassing. I'd drive poverty :aintcare: who the fuck cares what others think.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:35 pm

If I drive twice a week, that's something. We also can't walk to anything, so we just keep a running list of things we need and hit everything in one shot one day a week.

CT has 6,500 miles on it, got it 2 months ago almost to the day. A lot of that is the grand adventure :doe:
Yea.. I hear ya. About to embark on my own grand adventure exactly one week from now. I am :excited: and a bit nervous at the same time as I am going to try and venture pretty deep into no where.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:36 pm I also don't find vehicles embarrassing. I'd drive poverty :aintcare: who the fuck cares what others think.
But you don't... You have had brand new vehicles for the last 4 years. A 2001 taco with 140hp and 250k miles is just a bit :disgust: to roll around in. Especially since every window/door is :manuel: to me that's like wearing Goodwill clothes. Sure it saves money and covers your body but it is :disgust: Just depends on how much to :scrooge: vehicle expenses are less than 10% of our overall budget this year... but it is still signficant
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:38 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:35 pm

Yea.. I hear ya. About to embark on my own grand adventure exactly one week from now. I am :excited: and a bit nervous at the same time as I am going to try and venture pretty deep into no where.
Grand adventure is :fuckyeah: fun. Where you going deep into nowhere?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:40 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:36 pm I also don't find vehicles embarrassing. I'd drive poverty :aintcare: who the fuck cares what others think.
But you don't... You have had brand new vehicles for the last 4 years. A 2001 taco with 140hp and 250k miles is just a bit :disgust: to roll around in. Especially since every window/door is :manuel: to me that's like wearing Goodwill clothes. Sure it saves money and covers your body but it is :disgust: Just depends on how much to :scrooge: vehicle expenses are less than 10% of our overall budget this year... but it is still signficant
I'd drive that taco right now ZFG. You selling?

Before the market went to shit, I was planning to buy a $10k 90s full size pickup from out west and drive it into the ground. Now those don't exist.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:42 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:38 pm
Death Valley. Going to be about 60 miles deep off pavement with no cell phone other reception. I am trying to make sure I pack enough emergency supplies for 2 weeks just in case.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:43 pm

Before the market went to shit, I was planning to buy a $10k 90s full size pickup from out west and drive it into the ground. Now those don't exist.
I do drive it, 5k miles in 8 months. Which isn't insignificant. We "borrowed" this vehicle because we needed a truck for tons of house shit, I fixed it up and decided to pile some miles on it as it is literally worthless. We put her "tsx" at her parents house since they had an extra garage spot and we're not using it now... but we always planned to use it for once we start commuting. Because we sure as hell ain't doing it in a mini/taco.

But no ABS... roughish idle, 4 speaker FM radio, and "dangerously" slow. It is a compromise vehicle for sure. I drive it to see my friend who lives 100 mile rt away. Because not like it matters. But the NEW taco is really comfortable and nice to drive.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:42 pm
Death Valley. Going to be about 60 miles deep off pavement with no cell phone other reception. I am trying to make sure I pack enough emergency supplies for 2 weeks just in case.
:impressive: it's getting pretty toasty out there! When we were at Lake Mead, it was routinely in the upper 90's, and that was 3 weeks ago. 4 of us blew through a Costco pack of water in 3 days. I usually only went to death valley between November and March.

You tent camping or what?
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:50 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:44 pm

:impressive: it's getting pretty toasty out there! When we were at Lake Mead, it was routinely in the upper 90's, and that was 3 weeks ago. 4 of us blew through a Costco pack of water in 3 days. I usually only went to death valley between November and March.

Nah just rolling through. I am staying in really obnoxious hotels. It is my honeymoon.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:49 pm

I do drive it, 5k miles in 8 months. Which isn't insignificant. We "borrowed" this vehicle because we needed a truck for tons of house shit, I fixed it up and decided to pile some miles on it as it is literally worthless. We put her "tsx" at her parents house since they had an extra garage spot and we're not using it now... but we always planned to use it for once we start commuting. Because we sure as hell ain't doing it in a mini/taco.

But no ABS... roughish idle, 4 speaker FM radio, and "dangerously" slow. It is a compromise vehicle for sure. I drive it to see my friend who lives 100 mile rt away. Because not like it matters. But the NEW taco is really comfortable and nice to drive.
I can admit that having a niceish thing for highway miles makes a big difference. The CT overall is extremely meh, but really a fantastic highway couch. I don't need anything more than that, but now that we're down to one vehicle, :tits: is :sass: about the CT because it's so poverty that the seat doesn't adjust up and down and she claims to have difficulty seeing. She can see fine, just not in her ideal position. She'll get used to it, or she can get a job and buy her own car.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:50 pm

Nah just rolling through. I am staying in really obnoxious hotels. It is my honeymoon.
Oh, just day trips? Shit, you'll be fine. Just pack extra water, and I'd recommend some JB Weld putty, a tire plug kit, and a few sets of vice grips. You can fix anything with that setup.

Congrats man, that should be a 5/7 honeymoon.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:55 pm

I can admit that having a niceish thing for highway miles makes a big difference. The CT overall is extremely meh, but really a fantastic highway couch. I don't need anything more than that, but now that we're down to one vehicle, :tits: is :sass: about the CT because it's so poverty that the seat doesn't adjust up and down and she claims to have difficulty seeing. She can see fine, just not in her ideal position. She'll get used to it, or she can get a job and buy her own car.
yea... y'all are bitching about seat adjustments. I am :notsure: you know how bare bones a 2001 BASE MODEL tacoma really is. Hell the current tacoma is listed as "too base". And that's with 20 years of options added on.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:55 pm
yea... y'all are bitching about seat adjustments. I am :notsure: you know how bare bones a 2001 BASE MODEL tacoma really is. Hell the current tacoma is listed as "too base". And that's with 20 years of options added on.
I drove shit like that for years. It mattered when I drove daily, but now :aintcare: The CT seems too fancy to me TBH. Power rear windows? Power sliding rear window? Keyless entry? Cruise control? More than 2 speakers? SXM? :wtf:
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:00 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:57 pm

I drove shit like that for years. It mattered when I drove daily, but now :aintcare: The CT seems too fancy to me TBH. Power rear windows? Power sliding rear window? Keyless entry? Cruise control? More than 2 speakers? SXM? :wtf:

Pretty shitty lights
0-60 in 16-18 seconds
Tiny 15.9 gal tank while only getting 20mpg
4 speed auto that either makes the poor engine scream or lug.
No ABS
No cruise control
Nothing more than FM radio
No traction control
No 4x4
No power seats
No power door locks
No power mirrors which keep moving btw
No power windows
seats don't adjust up and down. Only F/B and backrest angle.

I do enjoy driving it on occasion because it allows you to "disconnect" but DD'ing that and assuming :aintcare: is lying to myself. I know its a god damn compromise for the sake of :scrooge:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:00 pm

Pretty shitty lights
0-60 in 16-18 seconds
Tiny 15.9 gal tank while only getting 20mpg
4 speed auto that either makes the poor engine scream or lug.
No ABS
No cruise control
Nothing more than FM radio
No traction control
No 4x4
No power seats
No power door locks
No power mirrors which keep moving btw
No power windows
seats don't adjust up and down. Only F/B and backrest angle.

I do enjoy driving it on occasion because it allows you to "disconnect" but DD'ing that and assuming :aintcare: is lying to myself. I know its a god damn compromise for the sake of :scrooge:
If I drove daily, I'd want something a bit nicer too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I actually really enjoy driving around in my buddy's '95 Ranger when I've borrowed it. It is sort of nice to just go completely unnoticed car-wise. It is in nice enough condition that it's just like "oh a :truk: " and that's it... as opposed to meth heads getting amped up on the C5 at gas stations.

I think now is just the time to stay the course. Drive what you have/maybe unload a car if you have a bunch of them. I had to go to the office this morning and I rode my bike. At this point, I'm riding my bike any time I can, it's better for me/the planet. I am honestly in a good spot with the C5 for fun and the Beep Beep for "family shit" / :tits: short commute.

It is not the time to buy a used VW station wagon for new prices. FWIW my friends bought a brand new AllTrac and also had sunroof issues IIRC.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

See, this is odd to me. I don't GAF if I look poor in my vehicle, but I would never opt to drive some sans-cruise, sans decent stereo, sans everything turd on a day trip when I had something better sitting at home collecting dust. May as well use the shit you have :iono:

Sometimes it's nice to just mix it up for the sake of mixing it up :doe: , so I can see that. Personally I would rather do that in something like an NA Miata though.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:32 am
I actually really enjoy driving around in my buddy's '95 Ranger when I've borrowed it. It is sort of nice to just go completely unnoticed car-wise. It is in nice enough condition that it's just like "oh a :truk: " and that's it... as opposed to meth heads getting amped up on the C5 at gas stations.

I think now is just the time to stay the course. Drive what you have/maybe unload a car if you have a bunch of them. I had to go to the office this morning and I rode my bike. At this point, I'm riding my bike any time I can, it's better for me/the planet. I am honestly in a good spot with the C5 for fun and the Beep Beep for "family shit" / :tits: short commute.

It is not the time to buy a used VW station wagon for new prices. FWIW my friends bought a brand new AllTrac and also had sunroof issues IIRC.
I am sorta thinking about the gt3... but the price can’t crater.
:lolgasm: go :fullretard: brain go
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:43 am

See, this is odd to me. I don't GAF if I look poor in my vehicle, but I would never opt to drive some sans-cruise, sans decent stereo, sans everything turd on a day trip when I had something better sitting at home collecting dust. May as well use the shit you have :iono:

Sometimes it's nice to just mix it up for the sake of mixing it up :doe: , so I can see that. Personally I would rather do that in something like an NA Miata though.
It’s the mix. The old taco is relaxing AF. It takes me back to Highschool days.
New taco is going to get epic farts in no time.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:47 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:32 am

I am sorta thinking about the gt3... but the price can’t crater.
:lolgasm: go :fullretard: brain go
I would probably dump the MINI and old Taco and replace with a GT3. Sounds dope as hell to me, the TSX is a great commuter, Taco can handle some commuting plus trip/adventure duty plus utility... GT3 for fun/date night/whatever.