:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:25 pm
Apex wrote:
:wrong:

Mutually enjoyed hobbies are a wonderful thing.
That does seem like it would be nice, I've never experienced it :doe:
:dat:

TBH, I've experienced near zero instances of any woman having any sort of hobby outside of shopping, :pinshit: , etc. May be sexist to say, but I'm just throwing out my personal experience. We do both really enjoy traveling, but it's tricky when I would like to balance couple trips with things like track weekends, camping trips, etc. and I only get 20 days of PTO/year and she has summers off, spring break, two weeks off for Christmas, etc.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

No worries, I’m :wrong: as always.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:13 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:48 am

Just today she randomly texted me suggesting we take a trip to the beach next weekend... I had planned to do car shit/yard shit and hang out here as I won't be home the next three weekends and it's cold :wtf: is the point of the beach and :butwhy: did we :troywax: on a house if we're not going to spend time on it. She got :triggered: that I'm not excited about this prospect and had some tude... :rolleyes:
That's exactly how it happens... It's never a flat out go fuck your POS plastic dick mobile that keeps falling apart.

It's more like, awe lets re-ignite our passion hunny bunny, why don't we take a weekend getaway in the country it'll be so much fun. Meanwhile brown santa is showing up at the house with long awaited deferred maintenance parts for said POS, so you can finally drive it. And at that point you're faced with the choice of either finger blasting a tub of lithium grease for your suspension bushings, after wiping away the tears that were caused by the big D or going in on the holier of holy with the future mother of your children.

The choice becomes easy.
Master craftsmanship here. :amazing:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:37 am

to be honest, I would be :sad: if my wife dumps me for my choices, even if I have an 80's Ferrari or an old German Audi barge that I can take to cars and coffee
Yeah it was more of a :trollface:

My wife doesn't really like the :poorvette: , the track day cash outlay, or time spent fucking with it all, but she doesn't really say anything about it, just kinda leaves it be as my own thing and lets me do it in peace. It's just a fine line because if I say that I want to spend time wrenching or tracking or whatever rather than do things with her it can cause :triggered:

Just today she randomly texted me suggesting we take a trip to the beach next weekend... I had planned to do car shit/yard shit and hang out here as I won't be home the next three weekends and it's cold :wtf: is the point of the beach and :butwhy: did we :troywax: on a house if we're not going to spend time on it. She got :triggered: that I'm not excited about this prospect and had some tude... :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, I've experienced the exact same thing...and it's a large part why IDGAF about cars anymore.

Might have been a good thing?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:45 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:25 pm That does seem like it would be nice, I've never experienced it :doe:

TBH, I've experienced near zero instances of any woman having any sort of hobby outside of shopping, :pinshit: , etc. May be sexist to say, but I'm just throwing out my personal experience. We do both really enjoy traveling, but it's tricky when I would like to balance couple trips with things like track weekends, camping trips, etc. and I only get 20 days of PTO/year and she has summers off, spring break, two weeks off for Christmas, etc.
Mine loves camping, hiking, kayaking. As do I, so that's what I focus on now. Works well, but I'm lucky in that regard.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Yeah the only thing that we both really enjoy is good food and drink, and that's a terrible "hobby" - expensive (especially when you have to travel to find it) and turns you into a lardass.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:53 pm

Mine loves camping, hiking, kayaking. As do I, so that's what I focus on now. Works well, but I'm lucky in that regard.
:mindblown: :whalecum: back.

You've been missed a lot around here.

I hope your sabbatical was spent doing the above outdoor activities and not slaving away at :burnout: HQ.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

finally!! you're alive!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Wow welcome back Big D
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Evidently I found a :unicorn: where-in we're ok with each other having their own interests and hobbies.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:13 pm

That's exactly how it happens... It's never a flat out go fuck your POS plastic dick mobile that keeps falling apart.

It's more like, awe lets re-ignite our passion hunny bunny, why don't we take a weekend getaway in the country it'll be so much fun. Meanwhile brown santa is showing up at the house with long awaited deferred maintenance parts for said POS, so you can finally drive it. And at that point you're faced with the choice of either finger blasting a tub of lithium grease for your suspension bushings, after wiping away the tears that were caused by the big D or going in on the holier of holy with the future mother of your children.

The choice becomes easy.
There's some real gold in here. Nice work. Finger blasting a tub of lithium grease. :impressive:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:bruh: we’ve missed you :nohomo: :whalecum: back !
troyguitar

4zilch wrote:Evidently I found a :unicorn: where-in we're ok with each other having their own interests and hobbies.
Nah, that's about the norm. :unicorn: is sharing the same hobbies so pursuing them doesn't have to be a balancing act.

I guess for most couples it's easier - the big shared obsession is the :baby: :baby: and that's what life revolves around for both partners.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

4zilch wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:42 pm Evidently I found a :unicorn: where-in we're ok with each other having their own interests and hobbies.
How's dat life insurance policy?

"Yeah sure hunny ride fast bikes any time I don't mind"
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:09 pm
4zilch wrote:Evidently I found a :unicorn: where-in we're ok with each other having their own interests and hobbies.
Nah, that's about the norm. :unicorn: is sharing the same hobbies so pursuing them doesn't have to be a balancing act.

I guess for most couples it's easier - the big shared obsession is the :baby: :baby: and that's what life revolves around for both partners.
I don’t think I’d want us to have the same interests (we do have some), I need my space at times.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:23 pm
4zilch wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:42 pm Evidently I found a :unicorn: where-in we're ok with each other having their own interests and hobbies.
How's dat life insurance policy?

"Yeah sure hunny ride fast bikes any time I don't mind"
:lolol: it’s good enough to cover the debt, beyond that, not much.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:00 pm
:mindblown: :whalecum: back.

You've been missed a lot around here.

I hope your sabbatical was spent doing the above outdoor activities and not slaving away at :burnout: HQ.
Sabbatical wasn't intentional, my life just got consumed by an insane amount of stuff. I think it's calming down...hopefully.

I wish I could GTFO...a break is strongly needed. I'm headed right toward pulling the ripcord sooner rather than later.
ChrisoftheNorth

It's tough to find an independent woman that wants to maintain her own hobbies. There really aren't many out there from my experience.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

We found the final boss of Pull-a-part today.
Shit's on fire. Wonder what kind of critical hits this bitch puts out.

troyguitar

Y'all are wearing shorts? :jelly:
troyguitar

4zilch wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:09 pm Nah, that's about the norm. :unicorn: is sharing the same hobbies so pursuing them doesn't have to be a balancing act.

I don’t think I’d want us to have the same interests (we do have some), I need my space at times.
Yeah I don't want all the same - I'm more looking for one thing that's not travel/eating/drinking. Ideally something active, too bad we both hate exercise!

Maybe we should learn how to cook :fancy: stuff in tiny portions in our tiny kitchen.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:37 pm Y'all are wearing shorts? :jelly:
I got pants. My boy is constantly wearing shorts and long sleeve shirts.
This is the guy you met with the black 3rd gen MR-2 (Mr2 is his dad's now and he's got an SR20 240)
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Acid666 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:36 pm We found the final boss of Pull-a-part today.

:neat:

Makes me wonder what kind of subs/drivers and amps were in that at one point.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Acid666 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:36 pm We found the final boss of Pull-a-part today.

What in the all that is holy
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:42 pm
4zilch wrote:
Yeah I don't want all the same - I'm more looking for one thing that's not travel/eating/drinking. Ideally something active, too bad we both hate exercise!

Maybe we should learn how to cook :fancy: stuff in tiny portions in our tiny kitchen.
One of my friends got big into making his own sushi. Some others make their own breads and sourdough.