:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:12 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:02 pm

that's why it is my contender, I just hope I won't take it for granted when I get sent to the slammer for 80 mph. Reasons why I'm glad I live close to MD :lolol:
Fuck it dude. They're fun. Way more fun than a GTI. Just a beast to parallel park and navigate on a tight road. But if you don't do that often, then why not. Go drive one.
I can deal with slomaro to parallel park....if I have sensors :lolol: and back up cam :gay: , nowadays I always find spots that are large enough so yeah dude, hell I parked the explorer in tight spots too. Thank god I only live in the suburbs where it is perfect for it, but I can still deal with tight roads here and there. Especially when I see lot of :mahtroy: s derp in challengers.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:16 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:12 pm

Fuck it dude. They're fun. Way more fun than a GTI. Just a beast to parallel park and navigate on a tight road. But if you don't do that often, then why not. Go drive one.
I can deal with slomaro to parallel park....if I have sensors :lolol: and back up cam :gay: , nowadays I always find spots that are large enough so yeah dude, hell I parked the explorer in tight spots too. Thank god I only live in the suburbs where it is perfect for it, but I can still deal with tight roads here and there. Especially when I see lot of :mahtroy: s derp in challengers.
Would be a handful in the snow if you're on the stock summer tires. But you could do a second set of ramz, or just, you know, not drive for those 5 days a year when there is snow on the road surface.

I'm still on my summer set on the STI. Haven't switched them out this year. Drove it through one snow storm on the summers it was totally fine, just had to keep the speeds low.... like everyone else on the road....
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:31 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:16 pm

Would be a handful in the snow if you're on the stock summer tires. But you could do a second set of ramz, or just, you know, not drive for those 5 days a year when there is snow on the road surface.

I'm still on my summer set on the STI. Haven't switched them out this year. Drove it through one snow storm on the summers it was totally fine, just had to keep the speeds low.... like everyone else on the road....
:dat: they need to get warmed up and frankly you do not "need" winters as long as you don't live on hills and not drive like :stig:. But yeah that is the plan I'm going for, putting winters on stockies. That was pretty much my impression with my Michelin pilot as3's despite feeling like bricks, they're great when it's below freezing but also can understeer if you :stig:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Done any test drives? I wouldn't be surprised if a new Camaro is around that same price. The Camaro's manual was very good but I might still be tempted by that 10spd.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:wrong: as usual, but I'd get a rustang or :poorvette: or ATS over a camero every time depending on the application.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:01 pm
Done any test drives? I wouldn't be surprised if a new Camaro is around that same price. The Camaro's manual was very good but I might still be tempted by that 10spd.
Fun fact for the Camaro's manual is also shared with Viper, CTS-V, and ALL other Camaro models, and the GT350 as a matter of fact. I know how BMW's drive, so these 2 will definitely be something I'm looking for as far as driver feedback-ish. I know Camaro SS won't exactly feel like a boat since I know the last gen is also on the ATS chassis (note that I hear it drives just as good as older BMW's). The m240i gripe that I will face is the steering, it will drive nice with a nice amount of power curve that almost feels like an electric car, but no brute.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:12 pm

Fun fact for the Camaro's manual is also shared with Viper, CTS-V, and ALL other Camaro models, and the GT350 as a matter of fact. I know how BMW's drive, so these 2 will definitely be something I'm looking for as far as driver feedback-ish. I know Camaro SS won't exactly feel like a boat since I know the last gen is also on the ATS chassis (note that I hear it drives just as good as older BMW's). The m240i gripe that I will face is the steering, it will drive nice with a nice amount of power curve that almost feels like an electric car, but no brute.
The Camaro has defeatable rev matching too for those i95 traffic jams
Johnny_P

I haven't experienced the 6MT and I'm sure it's good but that 10 speed was hilariously fun.
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:35 pm

I might be the only person around who loves auto rev match. Straight up love it. I can't heel toe for shit. It was a blast on the Mini Cooper S's.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:38 pm

I might be the only person around who loves auto rev match. Straight up love it. I can't heel toe for shit. It was a blast on the Mini Cooper S's.
I can't either unless I'm aggressively on the brakes, but I did turn it off a couple times on my drive.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Except I don't commute on i95, but i495 (aka the beltway) yes, auto rematch isn't exactly an issue for me in traffic :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I love heel toeing but also like auto rev match... it's a :neat: feature and can be a big help when tracking and stuff to focus more on other things. Defeatable is nice.

Mustang/Camaro are going to be a lot more engaging to drive than any new non M BMW IMO.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:20 pm

I love heel toeing but also like auto rev match... it's a :neat: feature and can be a big help when tracking and stuff to focus more on other things. Defeatable is nice.

Mustang/Camaro are going to be a lot more engaging to drive than any new non M BMW IMO.
As someone who has driven a fake sport post e90+ :notwrong: who knows, I don't really see it happening just yet until sometime in September. Now lurking around on turo and carmax for teh drives. The Chinese :manuel: in the mustang and paint bubbles are :nope: from someone who has ford in the family.

Also the Camaro SS :manuel: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremec_TR ... ansmission
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:29 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:20 pm

As someone who has driven a fake sport post e90+ :notwrong: who knows, I don't really see it happening just yet until sometime in September. Now lurking around on turo and carmax for teh drives. The Chinese :manuel: in the mustang and paint bubbles are :nope: from someone who has ford in the family.

Also the Camaro SS :manuel: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremec_TR ... ansmission
I don't personally care for the looks of the Camaro but I wish I did like them, if you can put that aside or actually like it, they are fantastic vehicles. A newer V8 Camaro is basically all the good of a :poorvette: but with a back seat, new car reliability, lack of scrape, etc.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:36 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:29 pm

I don't personally care for the looks of the Camaro but I wish I did like them, if you can put that aside or actually like it, they are fantastic vehicles. A newer V8 Camaro is basically all the good of a :poorvette: but with a back seat, new car reliability, lack of scrape, etc.
The front end of the new Juan definitely threw me off, but with the right color, it grew up on me :notsure: and besides I'm going used.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:43 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:36 pm

The front end of the new Juan definitely threw me off, but with the right color, it grew up on me :notsure: and besides I'm going used.
Go test drive them. If you get one now you might get a better deal because nobody wants to buy a new RWD sports car in the dangerous snowy NE winter.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:11 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:43 pm

Go test drive them. If you get one now you might get a better deal because nobody wants to buy a new RWD sports car in the dangerous snowy NE winter.
Which reminds me, my dad always gets his murican cars around September that are leftovers and discounted. Plus I don't think @detroitplac would help me out anymore since he moved onto fca. I have a feeling drivability wise, I'm gonna like the camaro better. Looking at carmax to find an example that I can test drive on, which afai hear, hassle free
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:01 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:11 pm

Which reminds me, my dad always gets his murican cars around September that are leftovers and discounted. Plus I don't think @detroitplac would help me out anymore since he moved onto fca. I have a feeling drivability wise, I'm gonna like the camaro better. Looking at carmax to find an example that I can test drive on, which afai hear, hassle free
Yeah there will be leftovers until around March for new cars. But even used, sports cars sell slower in the winter. So you might be able to use that to your advantage.

Carmax is the easiest but the test drives are going to be really short. It’s a good low hassle way to try a bunch of stuff.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:35 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:01 pm

Yeah there will be leftovers until around March for new cars. But even used, sports cars sell slower in the winter. So you might be able to use that to your advantage.

Carmax is the easiest but the test drives are going to be really short. It’s a good low hassle way to try a bunch of stuff.
This I took 5k off of my poorvette when I bought it in late Nov. A few years later I sold it in Aug for the same price I paid. Buy a used 2 yr old one and offer ludacris low to start.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:35 pm

This I took 5k off of my poorvette when I bought it in late Nov. A few years later I sold it in Aug for the same price I paid. Buy a used 2 yr old one and offer ludacris low to start.
No used for moi, all about that cpo or carvana and such
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:44 am
Could be worthwhile to turo or straight up rent one for a day. You’re probably in for like $150 but that gets you a full day to assess it. Food for thought.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:44 am No used for moi, all about that cpo or carvana and such
Could be worthwhile to turo or straight up rent one for a day. You’re probably in for like $150 but that gets you a full day to assess it. Food for thought.
:dat:

If turo existed anywhere I lived, I'd try all sorts of cool shit. It's cheaper than :plac:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

K
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I should drive a Charger with proper :ellis: some day to see if it would make a good next dad car.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a better :dill: new than those :fancy: used services, it's worth looking at at least.