:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:17 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:13 pm

Irrelevant to how "cute" it looks to other people though
Yea its a "Cute" mini to everyone but car dudes. :oops:
Meh, I’m fine as long as girls find it “cute”.
Although they also think you’re gay so it’s a loss either way. :iono:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Swedish Chef wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:27 pm

Meh, I’m fine as long as girls find it “cute”.
Although they also think you’re gay so it’s a loss either way. :iono:
:dat: "how do you fit in that, giggle giggle" "that's a cute car giggle giggle"
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:20 pm

I'm jealous of the pops. I can make my :poorvette: do singular pops by playing with the pedals and floppy :dedong: in the middle.
I need to play with them more... they pop pop at 3500+rpm I am not there THAT often at low speeds...
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

You should be able to tap the pedal just enough to get the injectors going but not real airflow. I'm sure thestraightpipes video has the technique explained if there is one. Their tester was auto too
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:02 pm You should be able to tap the pedal just enough to get the injectors going but not real airflow. I'm sure thestraightpipes video has the technique explained if there is one. Their tester was auto too
Senior Pop Pop Engineer.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:02 pm You should be able to tap the pedal just enough to get the injectors going but not real airflow. I'm sure thestraightpipes video has the technique explained if there is one. Their tester was auto too
Well I have put 5000 miles on the car now... Pretty sure that's a bit more than the crooked pipes.

You have to have the following
1. Flap open
2. Sport mode
3. Transmission in sport helps (as it keeps it above 2500 at all times)
4. Rpms at or above 3000/3500 depending on condition...

Most pops are under decel/decreasing engine rpm, such a shifting. most pronounced at or above 4000rpm, its straight up LOUD. I love it, but I can't really ring it out that much on public streets. This car is pretty quick... 28xx lbs with 230hp/230tq is quite a bit to get it going....
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Swedish Chef wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:04 pm
Senior Pop Pop Engineer.
Only because I have to work so hard for it
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Low mileage ATS-Vs are under $40k. Early model years are closing in on $35k.

Another NGH but for anyone considering a sports sedan that’s not bad.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:25 pm Low mileage ATS-Vs are under $40k. Early model years are closing in on $35k.

Just thinking about those gauges...

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Whoa. Definitely an interesting alternative to a used S4, 340, C43.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:39 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:25 pm Low mileage ATS-Vs are under $40k. Early model years are closing in on $35k.

Just thinking about those gauges...

The interior looks like it belongs in a Malibu not a Caddy. But, get past the fact that it looks a class below inside, and it's a really compelling package. Good transmissions, 460 HP, RWD con ellis dee, fast as fuck, 0-60 in the 3's. CPO for around the same as a Golf R. And compared to a new R, its probably on a similar level inside. I mean its basically a Camaro SS sedan with a slightly worse motor.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:41 pm Whoa. Definitely an interesting alternative to a used S4, 340, C43.

Right. They're not hard to find at this price point.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

That blue one is fucking sexy. The sedan looks much better than the coupe too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:16 pm That blue one is fucking sexy. The sedan looks much better than the coupe too.
:dat:

Gayges look fine to me, I'd take those over a massive fucking screen.

I rode in a new 330i the other day and was :disgust: at the stupid massive screen when they had the best gauges for the preceding 40 years. ATS-V is pretty :neat: , would hoon.
Johnny_P

CPO 2016 4Runner with KDSS sway bar discos for $30k. 25k miles.

max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:40 am CPO 2016 4Runner with KDSS sway bar discos for $30k. 25k miles.

Was this 35k new 4 years ago ?
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:08 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:40 am CPO 2016 4Runner with KDSS sway bar discos for $30k. 25k miles.

In a vehicle that will go 300k, 25k miles is nothing. And this is CPO.

It's a "Trail Premium" which means, from what I can find, it was around $40k MSRP, plus the sway bar discos were a pricey option, and I'm sure it had a port added bear repellent, roadside assistance kit, and auto dimming mirror for a few hundo. Figure it was $42k sticker. And you know the poor fuck paid full price.

A new one will cost you $44,690 and it's basically the same exact truck with a slightly nicer radio. $15k discount off brand new, and when you look at it like that, :mahtroy:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:03 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:16 pm That blue one is fucking sexy. The sedan looks much better than the coupe too.

Gayges look fine to me, I'd take those over a massive fucking screen.

I rode in a new 330i the other day and was :disgust: at the stupid massive screen when they had the best gauges for the preceding 40 years. ATS-V is pretty :neat: , would hoon.

And the sedan is :notbad: looking IMO.

Anyone driven a Genesis G70 yet?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:19 am
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:08 am

It's a "Trail Premium" which means, from what I can find, it was around $40k MSRP, plus the sway bar discos were a pricey option, and I'm sure it had a port added bear repellent, roadside assistance kit, and auto dimming mirror for a few hundo. Figure it was $42k sticker. And you know the poor fuck paid full price.

A new one will cost you $44,690 and it's basically the same exact truck with a slightly nicer radio. $15k discount off brand new, and when you look at it like that, :mahtroy:
Looks like the price dropped to $29k already. And agree, MSRP on one like that will be $45k or so. Local :dill:ers are selling for ~$3k off MSRP right now, but that's still a good ~$13k discount for only 25k miles. :notbad: for something that supposedly doesn't depreciate at all.
max225

coogles wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:08 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:19 am

Looks like the price dropped to $29k already. And agree, MSRP on one like that will be $45k or so. Local :dill:ers are selling for ~$3k off MSRP right now, but that's still a good ~$13k discount for only 25k miles. :notbad: for something that supposedly doesn't depreciate at all.
4 runners depreciate ... only the current gen is sort of holding the value
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:21 am
coogles wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:08 am

4 runners depreciate ... only the current gen is sort of holding the value
What would you call that one if not current gen? Production of this gen 4R began with the 2010 model year and the facelift was for 2014. They're basically unchanged since then save for some :whocares: tech crap in 2020.
Johnny_P

I mean to me it seems like a decent deal when 100k mile 10 year old examples are going for around $20k. The only reason I posted this one up was its got the very rare KDSS sway bar disco option.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:16 am I mean to me it seems like a decent deal when 100k mile 10 year old examples are going for around $20k. The only reason I posted this one up was its got the very rare KDSS sway bar disco option.
Which is key for going through some of the local potholes!

In all seriousness you post so many ideas I'm not sure what you really think about replacing your WANG, but I like this idea. Nice looking, bulletproof, incredibly useful, a ten year truck if there ever was one, and used enough so that you don't gnash your teeth and then throw yourself onto the rocks below when some asshole dings it up.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:02 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:16 am I mean to me it seems like a decent deal when 100k mile 10 year old examples are going for around $20k. The only reason I posted this one up was its got the very rare KDSS sway bar disco option.

In all seriousness you post so many ideas I'm not sure what you really think about replacing your WANG, but I like this idea. Nice looking, bulletproof, incredibly useful, a ten year truck if there ever was one, and used enough so that you don't gnash your teeth and then throw yourself onto the rocks below when some asshole dings it up.
The discos are much stiffer on road, so less swaying, but have hydraulic releases that effectively disable them when off-roading or when you hit a gnarly pothole. The 4R's I've driven haven't had this system and they feel like an absolute barge.... supposedly KDSS helps them feel more regular to drive.

Really I don't know man. I'm all over the map.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:02 pm

The discos are much stiffer on road, so less swaying, but have hydraulic releases that effectively disable them when off-roading or when you hit a gnarly pothole. The 4R's I've driven haven't had this system and they feel like an absolute barge.... supposedly KDSS helps them feel more regular to drive.

Really I don't know man. I'm all over the map.
You should rally car.... oh.