:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:19 pm https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KPdedZ ... port-wagon

Manual, no nav, sport pack.
@Detroit

:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:39 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:19 pm https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KPdedZ ... port-wagon

Manual, no nav, sport pack.
@Detroit

Yea...while tempting to some degree, it'll probably sell for ~$15kish. For $3k more, I can get a 9 year newer car with more features and a 3rd of the miles that's still somewhat fun and unique. PLUS, the MINI should require no work for a while, while this thing is...an old car. :notsure:

If this were a $5k thing like it should be, I'd be bidding.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:51 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:39 pm

@Detroit

Yea...while tempting to some degree, it'll probably sell for ~$15kish. For $3k more, I can get a 9 year newer car with more features and a 3rd of the miles that's still somewhat fun and unique. PLUS, the MINI should require no work for a while, while this thing is...an old car. :notsure:

:notwrong: at all, I honestly agree, but it's a :neat: car for the right person. It at least won't depreciate much.

:iono: :doe: I think the wagons look worse, I really am not willing to pay a 2X premium for one, I just don't move washers and driers that much.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:28 pm

:notwrong: at all, I honestly agree, but it's a :neat: car for the right person. It at least won't depreciate much.

:iono: :doe: I think the wagons look worse, I really am not willing to pay a 2X premium for one, I just don't move washers and driers that much.
I like the wagon convenience for hauling some things, but a sedan with folding rear seats can take just as much. Certainly not worth the extra cost IMO. People are way too obsessed with wagons.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:28 pm :notwrong: at all, I honestly agree, but it's a :neat: car for the right person. It at least won't depreciate much.

I like the wagon convenience for hauling some things, but a sedan with folding rear seats can take just as much. Certainly not worth the extra cost IMO. People are way too obsessed with wagons.
:gtfo:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

The A5 is pretty neat. My brother has a performance version (the S5), and I love when he pops the trunk and the whole backside opens up, very corvette like. It is a very nicely built car, and he's had no issues with it for 3 yrs and 50k miles. I think he's on a new set of pads and rotors, dats it. 5/7 would recommend.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

These are about 40% depreciated, a 2018 is somewhat new enough, and they're a decent value IMO

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:28 pm

You can buy 8 really nice washer and driers for the cost diff
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:08 pm These are about 40% depreciated, a 2018 is somewhat new enough, and they're a decent value IMO

While I love every update they did on this refresh I much prefer the last front end that doesn’t look so damn bulbous.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:10 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:08 pm These are about 40% depreciated, a 2018 is somewhat new enough, and they're a decent value IMO

While I love every update they did on this refresh I much prefer the last front end that doesn’t look so damn bulbous.
I have trouble with it too. It's a bit "ugly", A4 has a slightly more chiseled look, but loses the fast-back feature. For what it's worth I'd probably choose the A5/S5 if they are similar price-points.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:03 pm The A5 is pretty neat. My brother has a performance version (the S5), and I love when he pops the trunk and the whole backside opens up, very corvette like. It is a very nicely built car, and he's had no issues with it for 3 yrs and 50k miles. I think he's on a new set of pads and rotors, dats it. 5/7 would recommend.
I love the liftback style like that, it still looks good/sporty and not goofy (some wagons do look awesome, RS6 for example) like many wagons, but gives most of the practicality.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:48 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:03 pm The A5 is pretty neat. My brother has a performance version (the S5), and I love when he pops the trunk and the whole backside opens up, very corvette like. It is a very nicely built car, and he's had no issues with it for 3 yrs and 50k miles. I think he's on a new set of pads and rotors, dats it. 5/7 would recommend.
I love the liftback style like that, it still looks good/sporty and not goofy (some wagons do look awesome, RS6 for example) like many wagons, but gives most of the practicality.
Agree with you on all the above, except that goofy wagons give me a :boner: , somehow I got sucked into the whole fanboi :bs: ... I guess it is because they are so rarely seen. :iono:

The A5 trunk pictured before the back seats are dropped flat:

Decent cuck-mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

I love lift back style coupe/sedan things. I can get excited about those. A5 :megusta:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:25 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:48 pm

Agree with you on all the above, except that goofy wagons give me a :boner: , somehow I got sucked into the whole fanboi :bs: ... I guess it is because they are so rarely seen. :iono:

The A5 trunk pictured before the back seats are dropped flat:

Decent cuck-mobile.
I had a '21 A5 sportback as a rental back around Christmas and got compliments on it the entire time I had it. I put about 4000mi on it and fucking loved it. I came close to talking to my friend about a '18 prestige as well. If I didn't care about having a car payment I would absolutely love to have one.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Man this thirsty bitch is tempting to me.....

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KPLLwJGL/2008-audi-rs4

Irish

ChrisoftheNorth

Man, I love those RS4s
max225

Detroit wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:10 am Man, I love those RS4s
Yea they are the best looking Audi’s ever made imo.

I am just not a fan of that carbon fouled engine that drops to 200whp every 30k miles.
max225

Wow the maintenance records on that thing rival my e46… two front suspension overhauls by 70k miles
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:50 am

I am just not a fan of that carbon fouled engine that drops to 200whp every 30k miles.
Yep, fun to appreciate from afar, not to own
Irish

:ohdang: I did not know that the V8s had the carbon issues.... :nope:
max225

Irish wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:04 pm :ohdang: I did not know that the V8s had the carbon issues.... :nope:
Yea they literally have the worst carbon issues out of any motor that I’m aware of other than the e39m5 which requires head removals etc.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:

The 80s Quattros are the best looking audi cars. First gen R8 is up there too, I still want one of those even though I have no use for it.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:Wow the maintenance records on that thing rival my e46… two front suspension overhauls by 70k miles
The Audi multilink front suspensions from the B5 to present era work really well (better than mcstruts by far) but they wear out quickly, especially on the heavy V10, V8 and V6TT cars. That's the tradeoff for making such a nose-heavy car turn and ride well.