:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I kinda dig the body kit, oddly enough... The interior is a bit lost on me, would prefer just a standard leather version.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:54 pm I kinda dig the body kit, oddly enough... The interior is a bit lost on me, would prefer just a standard leather version.
I'm all about that 13" TV in the center console.

If it still works.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... ds=25&dma=

Not bad for $9500. Only has 55k miles.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

:notbad: Throw in a CarPlay headunit, and that'd be a nice daily.

Here's 300k+ mile Element for nearly $9k.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/214f ... n=atempest

What is wrong with this world?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MrH42 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:07 am :notbad: Throw in a CarPlay headunit, and that'd be a nice daily.

Wooow the $7 gas coming our way will correct this
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:40 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... ds=25&dma=

These are cheap yes... but you have to be able and willing to work on it to keep it nice or pay $2000/3000 a year in repairs to a dealership/independent. Which is nothing to sneeze at and rivals a new car lease payment.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:57 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:40 pm https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... ds=25&dma=

These are cheap yes... but you have to be able and willing to work on it to keep it nice or pay $2000/3000 a year in repairs to a dealership/independent. Which is nothing to sneeze at and rivals a new car lease payment.
We are starting a search for a new house. Likely going to be in the suburbs which means I’d need a car to go back and forth to the train station. Something like this would live a life of neglect and abuse, only doing the bare minimum to keep it passing safety and emission inspections. The Benzos can take a beating.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:13 pm

We are starting a search for a new house. Likely going to be in the suburbs which means I’d need a car to go back and forth to the train station. Something like this would live a life of neglect and abuse, only doing the bare minimum to keep it passing safety and emission inspections. The Benzos can take a beating.
I suppose... I would rather get a camry and not worry about a thing. Why make yourself suffer?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Nice condition but you need to get to 2006 to get the E350 & the 7 speed AT. That is 47hp and two gears over the E320.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:iono: a 20 year old Benz is 100% the wrong car to neglect, IMO. I bet it would wind up being costly repairs.

I don’t really know much about them though, my coworker’s E350 was at like 240k miles when his kid totaled it and it seems like it held up fairly well.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:34 pm

I suppose... I would rather get a camry and not worry about a thing. Why make yourself suffer?
:dat:

Whatever year V6 you can get for that money is likely faster as well.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:07 am :notbad: Throw in a CarPlay headunit, and that'd be a nice daily.

I kind of like that car and the condition is epic. It would be a :notbad: deal with 70% less miles :lolol:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I owned an element for awhile. It was very much a love/hate relationship
max225

MrH42 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:54 pm I owned an element for awhile. It was very much a love/hate relationship
Elaborate on the love part please.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:39 pm

I kind of like that car and the condition is epic. It would be a :notbad: deal with 70% less miles :lolol:
Thought the condition was surprisingly decent as well. But I likely won’t touch anything with over 200k miles ever again. Too many things to go wrong.

Hell even our meticulously maintained 2010 tsx with 114k miles needs 3k of “work” to bring it up to nice spec. And another $400 in cosmetic parts.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:39 pm

Thought the condition was surprisingly decent as well. But I likely won’t touch anything with over 200k miles ever again. Too many things to go wrong.

Hell even our meticulously maintained 2010 tsx with 114k miles needs 3k of “work” to bring it up to nice spec. And another $400 in cosmetic parts.
Yep. I think we sometimes take for granted that cars are extremely complex machines with thousands of moving parts... shit is going to need maintaining, particularly if you own/drive outside the 0-100K miles range.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Me knocking on wood with my S4 being reliable.

FWIW JP I'd get an LS430 or a Benz just like that if I were you and drive it happily ever after. My 20 year old Audi drives and rides way better than most new cars under 40k on the highway, and it's much more composed/quieter than most compact cars today save for the new Mazda 3. I can only imagine the LS or E Class would be even better
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:17 pm
MrH42 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:54 pm I owned an element for awhile. It was very much a love/hate relationship
It was the quirkiest, most practical vehicle ever made. Relatively tiny footprint on the road. The roof was like a couple feet above your head. The rear passengers sat above you and looked down on the front seat. Massive rear leg room too. The seats folding up against the wall was brilliant. Turned into basically a truck, but really high shell.

It was ruined by stupid stuff:

- Rear seats were really low on the floor. You were a mile from the front seats, but on 6+ hour road trips, having your knees near your face got really uncomfortable.
- It was loud, creaky, plasticky car. Not to be unexpected
- I test drove a FWD manual, loved it, but eventually went with an auto AWD. Big mistake. 5-speed auto wasn't enough for how little power it was. The manual was much better to drive.

I desperately want them to come out with a new one. Same idea, but fix the NVH, power, and ergo issues in the rear seats.

I've even been casually looking at old ones. if I could get an AWD, manual one, with low miles in great shape, for a decent price, I'd do it. Now that :tits: has the RDX, the Outback is really just for me to commute in. Which I don't do much of anyways, since I work from home now.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

MrH42 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:34 am

It was the quirkiest, most practical vehicle ever made. Relatively tiny footprint on the road. The roof was like a couple feet above your head. The rear passengers sat above you and looked down on the front seat. Massive rear leg room too. The seats folding up against the wall was brilliant. Turned into basically a truck, but really high shell.

- Rear seats were really low on the floor. You were a mile from the front seats, but on 6+ hour road trips, having your knees near your face got really uncomfortable.
- I test drove a FWD manual, loved it, but eventually went with an auto AWD. Big mistake. 5-speed auto wasn't enough for how little power it was. The manual was much better to drive.

I desperately want them to come out with a new one. Same idea, but fix the NVH, power, and ergo issues in the rear seats.

I've even been casually looking at old ones. if I could get an AWD, manual one, with low miles in great shape, for a decent price, I'd do it. Now that :tits: has the RDX, the Outback is really just for me to commute in. Which I don't do much of anyways, since I work from home now.
I think a new one, maybe EV would be epic. I'd seriously consider one.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Please assplain the color coded seemingly contradictory statements. Kthx.

I haz confused.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:13 am

I haz confused.
#metoo
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:03 pm

I haz confused.
#metoo
:sissyfight:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I haz confused.
I've ridden in one as well. The floor in the back is higher, so while the view from the back seat is over the front passengers, your feet are also another few inches higher.

max225

I really like clamshell doors for some reason. :wrong:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:52 pm I really like clamshell doors for some reason. :wrong:
Because it's a ridiculously efficient use of space and makes it really easy to load awkwardly large items. Just yesterday I bought a saw from HD, and trying to load it in the Cucktrek would have been A LOT easier with clamshell doors since there was stuff in the hatch.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.