:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

The sport trim is VERY rare. Whether that's worth it to you is your choice, but to some it is hence the price.

Also Canadian $
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:25 pm The sport trim is VERY rare. Whether that's worth it to you is your choice, but to some it is hence the price.

Also Canadian $
:dat:

Gotta peel out 25% so 22k in real $

I'm just keeping an eye out for these for now, by the time I'm actually in a position to buy I'll probably be rolling in the last gen V8 built, or maybe something totally different. I don't think I will really care about the sport trim, it seems counter intuitive to want a giant mobile couch that handles well. If anything it is probably more appearance then performance.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:43 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:25 pm The sport trim is VERY rare. Whether that's worth it to you is your choice, but to some it is hence the price.

Also Canadian $

I'm just keeping an eye out for these for now, by the time I'm actually in a position to buy I'll probably be rolling in the last gen V8 built, or maybe something totally different. I don't think I will really care about the sport trim, it seems counter intuitive to want a giant mobile couch that handles well. If anything it is probably more appearance then performance.
Yeah it includes some giant 6 piston brakes up front and other shit you don't need while cruising at 95kph in a 120 zone
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:43 pm

Also Canadian $

It does look better :doe:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rJqZqN ... -mr2-turbo

Interested in seeing hat this goes for
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:08 pm https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rJqZqN ... -mr2-turbo

So :neat: Love these!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:08 pm https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rJqZqN ... -mr2-turbo

I'm betting another 3I before this auction is done. At that price it is fair market from what I'm observing here.
ChrisoftheNorth

https://www.bettenbakerbigrapids.net/Ve ... 4690685333

For $38k, this is a ton of truck and obscenely appealing to me right now...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:03 pm https://www.bettenbakerbigrapids.net/Ve ... 4690685333

Makes way more sense than the Ram IMO :like: Equivalent of the "taco" to me but to you.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:03 pm https://www.bettenbakerbigrapids.net/Ve ... 4690685333

Makes way more sense than the Ram IMO :like:
It really does...I'm not sure how I could lose much on this, other than being an ext cab that nobody wants. I want the larger bed, which makes this the sweet spot between a work and play truck for me. And I know it'll be great on the highway.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:13 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:11 pm
Makes way more sense than the Ram IMO :like:
It really does...I'm not sure how I could lose much on this, other than being an ext cab that nobody wants. I want the larger bed, which makes this the sweet spot between a work and play truck for me. And I know it'll be great on the highway.
You only lose if you sell.... You're "losing" $450 a month on the ram.... if you keep this beyond 2-3 years you will be just fine IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:13 pm
You only lose if you sell.... You're "losing" $450 a month on the ram.... if you keep this beyond 2-3 years you will be just fine IMO.
It's really only $300, insurance and reg is ~$150, I'd be lighting that on fire for any vehicle.

So let's play that game...

$3,600/year...if I bought this ZR2 for $40k (after taxes and BS), piled 20k miles on it, would it be worth $36k in a year with 20k miles?

$33,400 in Year 2 with 40k miles (for reference, my ZR2 Sold this time last year for $32k 2 years old with 18k miles on it, and that was a more desirable crew cab)

$29,800 in Year 3 with 60k miles

So yea, it might make sense in year 3-4...the question is if I can keep it that long or not. I'd like to think so with my change in mentality.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:25 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:15 pm

It's really only $300, insurance and reg is ~$150, I'd be lighting that on fire for any vehicle.

$3,600/year...if I bought this ZR2 for $40k (after taxes and BS), piled 20k miles on it, would it be worth $36k in a year with 20k miles?

$33,400 in Year 2 with 40k miles (for reference, my ZR2 Sold this time last year for $32k 2 years old with 18k miles on it, and that was a more desirable crew cab)

So yea, it might make sense in year 3-4...the question is if I can keep it that long or not. I'd like to think so with my change in mentality.
Well yea obviously the first year is a no win situation because of the taxes.
But once you have it.. you're USING it, NOW. You get more out of it than the random monetary value, that is not being measured. Prices could TANK ... but :whocares: we will have bigger issues at that point.

38k seems VERY reasonable. :iono: (pre tax)
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:29 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:25 pm

But once you have it.. you're USING it, NOW. You get more out of it than the random monetary value, that is not being measured. Prices could TANK ... but :whocares: we will have bigger issues at that point.

$38k is VERY reasonable for a ZR2. To equip a Gladiator the same, it would be a Rubicon with 8.4" screen, leather, cold weather group, and spray in bedliner. A $50k truck at the cheapest.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:33 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:29 pm

$38k is VERY reasonable for a ZR2. To equip a Gladiator the same, it would be a Rubicon with 8.4" screen, leather, cold weather group, and spray in bedliner. A $50k truck at the cheapest.
You’d have to compare it to a Mojave IMO, and it would be 54k + and that’s just HT, UC, cold weather and auto, leds. FCA pricing still confuses me, it would need 15k on the hood to be competitive to this one
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:33 pm
You’d have to compare it to a Mojave IMO, and it would be 54k + and that’s just HT, UC, cold weather and auto, leds. FCA pricing still confuses me, it would need 15k on the hood to be competitive to this one
ZR2 has a front locker AND fancy shocks...so in a way it's a Rubicon/Mojave mishmash...it's honestly the best way to go because it can do everything.

Rubicon and Mojave are priced the same, so for the cost scenario, it doesn't matter. $54k+ MSRP, my pricing I could get it for $50k...but that's still $12k over this ZR2 for the exact same content, and I prefer the ZR2 for the larger bed and smaller footprint for occasional wheeling.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:48 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:39 pm

ZR2 has a front locker AND fancy shocks...so in a way it's a Rubicon/Mojave mishmash...it's honestly the best way to go because it can do everything.

Rubicon and Mojave are priced the same, so for the cost scenario, it doesn't matter. $54k+ MSRP, my pricing I could get it for $50k...but that's still $12k over this ZR2 for the exact same content, and I prefer the ZR2 for the larger bed and smaller footprint for occasional wheeling.
Yep, that’s why I’m in the taco. The Colorado works really well for you imo. I do think the Jeep is more unique. But it is also far less livable per your experience.

I personally would wear the miles like a badge, I.e it’s way cooler to say I had this thing since new and put 200k miles on it than lease random shit you don’t like
And yes over time it’ll be cheaper too
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:48 pm

Yep, that’s why I’m in the taco. The Colorado works really well for you imo. I do think the Jeep is more unique. But it is also far less livable per your experience.

I personally would wear the miles like a badge, I.e it’s way cooler to say I had this thing since new and put 200k miles on it than lease random shit you don’t like
ZR2 is more livable and cheaper, but indeed not as unique and not as fun. I love taking the top and shit off, I'll miss that in the summer. But for $12k+, I could probably do without it.

Longevity is the question though...I could see keeping my JT forever because it checks just about every box (even the highway I can deal with), but the cost keeps me back. The ZR2...I just don't know? I was sad to give mine back, but didn't miss it a lick when I got the JT right after. BUT, at this point in my life and priorities, it really could be the sweet spot of price, utility, and fun...giving it significant staying power. I know I'd like it way more than the Ram...and at least it's Whorange.
max225

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:butwhy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:32 pm:butwhy:
Because that era of Cutlass coupe and convertible are so hot. I would absolutely cruise to the driving range and then for ice cream in that thing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:00 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:55 pm

ZR2 is more livable and cheaper, but indeed not as unique and not as fun. I love taking the top and shit off, I'll miss that in the summer. But for $12k+, I could probably do without it.

Longevity is the question though...I could see keeping my JT forever because it checks just about every box (even the highway I can deal with), but the cost keeps me back. The ZR2...I just don't know? I was sad to give mine back, but didn't miss it a lick when I got the JT right after. BUT, at this point in my life and priorities, it really could be the sweet spot of price, utility, and fun...giving it significant staying power. I know I'd like it way more than the Ram...and at least it's Whorange.
How much is YOUR Buck Buck again? IIRC it is like 20% over this new ZR2. I think this :truk: would be :notbad: , I am with Max that it's a lot better than the Ass RAMmer but you'd certainly be stuck with it for a while.

I get the predicament having bought the :jeep: for $37K. It is a lot of money for a car, regardless of :dill: , the payments/cash outlay hurt, but if it's a long haul thing, it really isn't a bad way to go if you have the capital.

If off-roader popularity continues, our :jeep: or that ZR2 will be worth $15-20K when they have 200K miles on them, so when you think about selling it at that point and getting enough money back out of it to buy a decent Corvette, it is pretty :notbad: after all that use/fun with it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:04 am
wap wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:32 pm:butwhy:
Because that era of Cutlass coupe and convertible are so hot. I would absolutely cruise to the driving range and then for ice cream in that thing.
With all due respect, that thing is hideous.

I can appreciate the uniqueness :doe: