:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:30 am
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:22 am

:nice:

Take a good hard look at that E36 M3, a lot of them have been ragged to shit by now.
Absolutely will. Hopefully, it will be as clean as it looks in the pictures. Of course, I rarely find that to be the case.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto ... 11196.html
Check for any interior door panel bubbling too. E36s have the worst door panels evar.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:58 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:59 pm Has 2 different diller badges on the back and 22k miles. :nope:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... =spotlight
Those half assed clean tips :disgust:
There is a special place in hell for those who do that to an M2. Show respect wtf!!!! :)
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:41 am
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:30 am

Absolutely will. Hopefully, it will be as clean as it looks in the pictures. Of course, I rarely find that to be the case.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto ... 11196.html
Check for any interior door panel bubbling too. E36s have the worst door panels evar.
They are truly awful.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:36 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:35 pm

:whocares: about clean tip, are you a hooker?
I haven’t clean my tips since 15k miles :lolol:
I cleaned my GTI tips ONCE in the 6 years I owned it and they only got half ass clean like that. NFG. STI's tips are shiny asf 2 years and 0 washes later. Port injection ftw.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:54 pm

I cleaned my GTI tips ONCE in the 6 years I owned it and they only got half ass clean like that. NFG. STI's tips are shiny asf 2 years and 0 washes later. Port injection ftw.
I've done it on my mk6 twice (first time after the first year of purchase), I promised to keep them clean on my Mk7, but I gave up around 15-20k miles. They are really a bitch to do so.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Yep!! :like: :like:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

My tips are black, :aintcare: from an ownership standpoint chrome tips that get dirty are annoying af. The designers should have known this would tick off car enthusiasts
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:52 am

My tips are black, :aintcare: from an ownership standpoint chrome tips that get dirty are annoying af. The designers should have known this would tick off car enthusiasts
I mean, I generally don't give a shit at all anyway. I'm fully over "car enthusiast requirements" like keeping a car's exterior clean.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 am
I mean, I generally don't give a shit at all anyway. I'm fully over "car enthusiast requirements" like keeping a car's exterior clean.
:jesus: :moist:
max225

You are a different breed my friend, there is a generally accepted floor/bottom at which point I have to wash it, it hurts to look at a dirty “enthusiast” car. Makes me think the owner is odd
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:19 am

You are a different breed my friend, there is a generally accepted floor/bottom at which point I have to wash it, it hurts to look at a dirty “enthusiast” car. Makes me think the owner is odd
It lives outside. Every day I drive under a rail bridge that drips clay water all over it. And drive into a refinery with puddles all over the place. I can't park in front of my place to even wash it anyway. Not worth it to me, and I legit do not care anymore.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 am I mean, I generally don't give a shit at all anyway. I'm fully over "car enthusiast requirements" like keeping a car's exterior clean.
It makes me think that they actually drive the car instead of hiding it.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:39 am
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:19 am

It lives outside. Every day I drive under a rail bridge that drips clay water all over it. And drive into a refinery with puddles all over the place. I can't park in front of my place to even wash it anyway. Not worth it to me, and I legit do not care anymore.
I think it’s time for a change.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:50 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:39 am

So I can care about my car paint? Even if I had a place to wash a car, I wouldn't. I haven't had the ability wash a car for about 8 years now and really don't care.
troyguitar

There's a line in my apartment rules explicitly disallowing washing cars - or even working on them - in the driveway. It'll be interesting to test that one when I swap the winter :ramz: out.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 am There's a line in my apartment rules explicitly disallowing washing cars - or even working on them - in the driveway. It'll be interesting to test that one when I swap the winter :ramz: out.
I think you'll be ok. They don't want you spilling fluids and shit all over the driveway and having an immobile car on jack stands.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

A dirty car is a driven car, and a driven car is a happy car.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:05 am
troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 am There's a line in my apartment rules explicitly disallowing washing cars - or even working on them - in the driveway. It'll be interesting to test that one when I swap the winter :ramz: out.
I think you'll be ok. They don't want you spilling fluids and shit all over the driveway and having an immobile car on jack stands.
:word:

I'm operating on a don't-ask-don't-tell policy.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

I lived in an apartment complex like that. Management and I didn't see eye-to-eye on many things.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Melon wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:13 am

A dirty :dedong: is a driven :dong: , and a driven :dong: is a happy :jizz:.
FTFY
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:dat:

I still couldn't get over how some people on golfmk6 and golfmk7 gets so concerned about rock chips when it comes to road trip, this ain't a ferrari. I got a nice little scratch on my hood from a rock off of a dump truck at 4k miles, still there :aintcare:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:36 am

I still couldn't get over how some people on golfmk6 and golfmk7 gets so concerned about rock chips when it comes to road trip, this ain't a ferrari. I got a nice little scratch on my hood from a rock off of a dump truck at 4k miles, still there :aintcare:
The paint is peeling on the front edge of my hood and is gone all across the top of the windshield :rage: :mk6:
max225

Irish wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:47 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:36 am

The paint is peeling on the front edge of my hood and is gone all across the top of the windshield :rage: :mk6:
Your paint is delaminating on the golf :( ?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:53 am
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:50 am

So I can care about my car paint? Even if I had a place to wash a car, I wouldn't. I haven't had the ability wash a car for about 8 years now and really don't care.
No? I don’t think dirt ruins paint it’s designed for that, that’s why we have clear coat.

are you still happy with the STI?