2019 :Plac: List! - Plac Friday Approaches.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Griff's BMW, dang.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:48 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:45 pm

:iono:

Kinda thinking I should just :scrooge: and DD the :poorvette: forever. I probably won't :doit: :doe:

The BMW is a really nice daily, I just need to do that Bluetooth mod.
Seems silly to sell a car because of bluetooth. That has been a pointless feature in my BMW anyways, there is so much road noise that gets picked up by the car that I normally just use a BT headset. You know... just $80k car things.
Nah, that's a separate thing, wouldn't sell it because of Bluetooth, I can add that easily enough, that's my one real complaint with the car. I could just see selling it because I don't really love it. :iono:

It's a great DD and a fine automobile, but it's not... inspiring.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Or, to put it another way, if money was tight, the BMW would definitely go before the Corvette.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:11 pm
Seems silly to sell a car because of bluetooth. That has been a pointless feature in my BMW anyways, there is so much road noise that gets picked up by the car that I normally just use a BT headset. You know... just $80k car things.
Nah, that's a separate thing, wouldn't sell it because of Bluetooth, I can add that easily enough, that's my one real complaint with the car. I could just see selling it because I don't really love it. :iono:

Yep. See my complaints about the 335i... which is a few notches up even. They are just too detuned by BMW for the sake of the M cars. The chassis is decent, throw a decent set of shocks+brake pads+wheels and tires and the car turns into a beast. :225: s are just literally garbage on this caliber of vehicle.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:16 pm

Yep. See my complaints about the 335i... which is a few notches up even. They are just too detuned by BMW for the sake of the M cars. The chassis is decent, throw a decent set of shocks+brake pads+wheels and tires and the car turns into a beast. :225: s are just literally garbage on this caliber of vehicle.
The brakes are actually quite good, IMO. But I agree... the understeer is kinda meh. It's a nice car though, epic seats, looks great, comfy and easy to drive. As an only car if you're into performance, it's a little dull.

:iono: I think the combo I have is pretty epic, just kind of annoying to have two cars, as we all know and have gone back and forth on. Ultimately I think I'm willing to :dealwithit: though.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:23 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:16 pm

The brakes are actually quite good, IMO. But I agree... the understeer is kinda meh. It's a nice car though, epic seats, looks great, comfy and easy to drive. As an only car if you're into performance, it's a little dull.

:iono: I think the combo I have is pretty epic, just kind of annoying to have two cars, as we all know and have gone back and forth on. Ultimately I think I'm willing to :dealwithit: though.
Interesting to have you love the seats so much. I never thought twice about em. I feel like the F30 gen brakes have gotten quite soft compared to E90 brakes which had crazy bite. But yea, I really like the value they present on the used market. I mean for fucks sake, a honda civic si is MORE.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:47 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:39 pm

Someone from TCL that I've been playing PS4 with and have met in person is moving from Sweden to NC in March and is gonna need a car. He made me ask you on IG a couple months ago but he is alllll over the place on what he wants vs what he thinks he can afford regarding insurance or possible financing etc.
I live in NC, does he need a car friend and/or want to buy a BMW?
He said yes, and maybe. His current car is a 316 touring in estoril blue
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:12 pm Or, to put it another way, if money was tight, the BMW would definitely go before the Corvette.
:ohdang:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:43 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:47 pm

I live in NC, does he need a car friend and/or want to buy a BMW?
Holy hell, you're cereal.

:notsure:

What happened?

[edit] Missed a bunch of posts. Dang. I have a feeling that closet apartment with the questionable parking situation weighs heavily on this as well.
As I’ll be in Small Town, NC, parking won’t be as much of a concern as actually being able to fit a bag in the trunk of a Miata for the biyearly airport dashes to visit mommy.

Oh, and lack of US driving records and credit score that’ll hike up my insurance premium but that’s no big deal, right?
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Welcome!

FWIW, insurance premiums for the :meata: don't seem to be bad. Premiums in the US are more heavily scaled towards creditworthiness and vehicle model statistics less so than driving records.
Thank you!

I should know more by the time I get there but I’ll definitely shoot you a PM when time comes.

PS. Surely it helps buying a car that already has its own DFD symbol.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Want my STI?
Sorry to hear you're not loving the Bimmer :sad: Maybe throw a tune and exhaust on it?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Want my STI?
Sorry to hear you're not loving the Bimmer :sad: Maybe throw a tune and exhaust on it?
:butwhy: tune it ? I don’t think power is an issue per say. These cars don’t get “great” until the ///M level .
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Swedish Chef wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:29 pm

What happened?

[edit] Missed a bunch of posts. Dang. I have a feeling that closet apartment with the questionable parking situation weighs heavily on this as well.
As I’ll be in Small Town, NC, parking won’t be as much of a concern as actually being able to fit a bag in the trunk of a Miata for the biyearly airport dashes to visit mommy.

Oh, and lack of US driving records and credit score that’ll hike up my insurance premium but that’s no big deal, right?
Fresh :meat:
:whalecum:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Swedish Chef wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:15 pm

Welcome!

FWIW, insurance premiums for the :meata: don't seem to be bad. Premiums in the US are more heavily scaled towards creditworthiness and vehicle model statistics less so than driving records.
Thank you!

I should know more by the time I get there but I’ll definitely shoot you a PM when time comes.

:hai:

:whalecum:
max225

:wat: is happening?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Want my STI?
I actually haven't driven it in over a week... lent it to my parents while their Durango is fixed from :derp: rear ending them. Don't get me wrong, I do like it. It's a great car, refined, comfy, nice, powerful, fuel efficient, looks good. It's just not really a driver's car.

I do think the seats are the best I've had though.

:iono: I'll likely keep the fleet as-is, the apartment life is kind of discouraging car-wise. Part of me feels like it would make more sense to have just one car that's more modern than the C5 but more trackable and fun than the BMW. :iono: LIke your STI :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

What happened?

Where in NC? I live in Charlotte.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:41 pm :wat: is happening?
:plac: relapse
max225

121 posts and 1 purchased car.... :dfd: delivered.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:32 pm 121 posts and 1 purchased car.... :dfd: delivered.
:fakenews:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Swedish Chef wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:15 pm

Welcome!

Thank you!

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

What happened?

Uhh who dis? Please introduce and whalecum!!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Want my STI?
I actually haven't driven it in over a week... lent it to my parents while their Durango is fixed from :derp: rear ending them. Don't get me wrong, I do like it. It's a great car, refined, comfy, nice, powerful, fuel efficient, looks good. It's just not really a driver's car.

I do think the seats are the best I've had though.

:iono: I'll likely keep the fleet as-is, the apartment life is kind of discouraging car-wise. Part of me feels like it would make more sense to have just one car that's more modern than the C5 but more trackable and fun than the BMW. :iono: LIke your STI :lolol:
Just get a tarp for the vette when you don’t drive it or have it plan on sitting. And use it on occasional backroad driving and track. Thats what i would do, unless maintaining the finances of both cars are a concern.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:40 pm
Where in NC? I live in Charlotte.
Winston. Will you be my friend?

What kind of BMW are you selling?
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:59 pm
Uhh who dis? Please introduce and whalecum!!
Merci.
I’ll post in the whalecum section shortly.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

There goes Zach creating artificial demand to boost :plac: profits again! :like: