2019 :Plac: List! - Plac Friday Approaches.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:45 pm Green Egg and Damn...... its gone, sold last night....

Prob for the best......
:rage:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Irish wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:45 pm Green Egg and Damn...... its gone, sold last night....

Prob for the best......
We have a 2020’thread 🥶
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:55 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:04 pm
Yeah, the driver's sideview mirror cracked for some reason. I just got in the car one day and saw a sweet split in the glass.
Damn kids with their Red Ryders.
That icicle came out of nowhere!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:28 pm
Tarspin wrote:
They are not bad cars, hopefully they stay that way for us.

I'm contemplating new tires on the prets or selling them for $1100 and getting a new setup. I cant believe how low I let the treads get when they came off last fall. :yikes:
You have the contis right? I think my pirellis were at about 4/32 when I took them off with about 21k miles and a few autocrosses.

Selling them for a set of some forged 18" would be sweet but the prets are so nice. I don't think I could do it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Wondering how much used Lagunas go for? I'd consider rolling with them on the R NFG if they are affordable/available, at least as a winter setup.

I like the prets but they are a touch big IMO, saying that it would be tough to part with them if the time came to actually especially if I didn't have a compelling plan. They are probably VW's nicest looking wheel to date, and it's really light.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:02 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:28 pm

You have the contis right? I think my pirellis were at about 4/32 when I took them off with about 21k miles and a few autocrosses.

Selling them for a set of some forged 18" would be sweet but the prets are so nice. I don't think I could do it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Wondering how much used Lagunas go for? I'd consider rolling with them on the R NFG if they are affordable/available, at least as a winter setup.

I like the prets but they are a touch big IMO, saying that it would be tough to part with them if the time came to actually especially if I didn't have a compelling plan. They are probably VW's nicest looking wheel to date, and it's really light.
Lagunas would be nicer than your current winter setup. I don't know what they go for though. Aren't you on a 17" Jetta wheel?

They do make the pretoria in 18"
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:08 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:02 pm

Lagunas would be nicer than your current winter setup. I don't know what they go for though. Aren't you on a 17" Jetta wheel?

They do make the pretoria in 18"
After a bit more deliberation I'm probably just going to wrap the prets in new summer tires and keep things status quo. The Laguna are nicer then my winter setup but I'm too cheap/poor to make those changes too.