2019 Mazderp3

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

is it a fastback?
brain go brrrrrr
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Is it better than a golf tho?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

:nice: 4 door Volobster.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:19 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 pm Is it better than a golf tho?
It's hard to beat a Golf for pure function because of the Golf's squared off profile. But this looks much better than a Golf.
Hard to say, all chamo for now, I don't like the stuck on IPAD interior, its like toyota/honda/mazda all incorporated that design element.

Curious to see the final specs.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:23 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Hard to say, all chamo for now, I don't like the stuck on IPAD interior, its like toyota/honda/mazda all incorporated that design element.

Curious to see the final specs.
Hoping for a bit more power, a little less weight.

The current 3 is really a fantastic car, and I'd have no problem going with a 3 hatch lease with the :manuel: as a :nuke: option should the economy take a total :poop:
If you can get an employee lease @ $100 a month like you did with the mini sure. But anything else would be foolish. At that point you actually tighten the belt, spending 25k on a mazda worth 10k in 3 years, is not the way to go.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:27 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:25 pm

If you can get an employee lease @ $100 a month like you did with the mini sure. But anything else would be foolish. At that point you actually tighten the belt, spending 25k on a mazda worth 10k in 3 years, is not the way to go.
:nuke: the :meata: , :nuke: the :truk: and roll in an employee lease for 3 years for $150/mo or so.

I don't hit the employee lease benefit until 1 year of tenure here, though. Gotta wait that out.
That's a way to do it IMO. If you had to.... You do have quite a bit of money tied up in vehicles.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:32 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:28 pm

That's a way to do it IMO. If you had to.... You do have quite a bit of money tied up in vehicles.
Yep. It's a holding pattern until the spring, regardless. I'll get better money for the :meata: after the winter and I'd like to have the :truk: for the snow. NBD.

Just trying to keep my eyes on trends for now.

But I drove a current 3 last week and could totally enjoy driving it - made me miss driving a :manuel: car around. I enjoyed it a lot more than the Alltrack/Sportwagen.
Alltrack is not comparable to a 3. The 3 is much smaller/nimbler. I can see it being decent to drive :doe: small cheap cars are great disposable funboxes once you set em up right.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:nuke: current :meata: to eventually get an ND?
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:37 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Alltrack is not comparable to a 3. The 3 is much smaller/nimbler. I can see it being decent to drive :doe: small cheap cars are great disposable funboxes once you set em up right.
Between needing to be able to get to my grandparents in bad weather/blizzards, my buddy's mountain cabin, exploring the woods, and general road deterioration... :truk: lyfe is :nice:

But it's terribly :wasteful:
It is what it is, driving in general is. But it is a Luxury this country allows us to do, for less money than anywhere else in the world, while having some of the highest incomes in the world.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:46 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:42 pm

It is what it is, driving in general is. But it is a Luxury this country allows us to do, for less money than anywhere else in the world, while having some of the highest incomes in the world.
It's weird. I didn't really have a problem with the Frontier existing, but the Colorado triggers me for some reason. Payment is lower, even. It just feels more :wasteful:

I've been getting this urge to shell off debts and be a :scrooge:

I guess I'm just getting to be a :wap:
#metoo man #metoo, I am browsing 2012 Golf Rs for 15k...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:46 pm

It's weird. I didn't really have a problem with the Frontier existing, but the Colorado triggers me for some reason. Payment is lower, even. It just feels more :wasteful:

I've been getting this urge to shell off debts and be a :scrooge:

I guess I'm just getting to be a :wap:
Going with a bunker mentality seems legit to me at this point.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:37 pm

Between needing to be able to get to my grandparents in bad weather/blizzards, my buddy's mountain cabin, exploring the woods, and general road deterioration... :truk: lyfe is :nice:

But it's terribly :wasteful:
And much easier to attain cars here too compared to Europe and ROW. Hence why lot of foreigners drive cars above their means.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

That said, i have a good feeling about mazda derp, essentially a cheaper alternative to the wrx if awd and manual can come in same configuration.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:00 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:56 pm

Going with a bunker mentality seems legit to me at this point.
See, I keep looking for people to tell me otherwise, but I've yet to find anyone of a sane mind to disagree and I've also yet to be proven wrong about my thoughts.

The last 3 months have really solidified my opinion about where the near future is headed. It's not something I want to be right about. :(
Doing what you are suggesting is ALWAYS the right move. Some people just feel all poverty spec and want to kill themselves. But you are suggesting it will make you feel BETTER. Win/Win.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:14 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:00 pm

See, I keep looking for people to tell me otherwise, but I've yet to find anyone of a sane mind to disagree and I've also yet to be proven wrong about my thoughts.

The last 3 months have really solidified my opinion about where the near future is headed. It's not something I want to be right about. :(
Doing what you are suggesting is ALWAYS the right move. Some people just feel all poverty spec and want to kill themselves. But you are suggesting it will make you feel BETTER. Win/Win.
I drove a near 400k crown victoria for 2 months to get the right deal and not to pay BMW stupid money for stupid shit. :aintcare: what anyone says.
You do what's right for you financially, I'd much rather spend my time in a 80k mile buick, rather than paying off a 30k thing that I can't afford.
YOU DO WHAT IT TAKES to SURVIVE, this American flexing lifestyle is :fullretard: bankruptcy ruins lives.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

You still going to come out on adventures if you :nuke: the :truk: ?

My potato skills are seriously lacking in comparison. :lol:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I'm pretty interested in this but what I really want is the 6 wagon to be brought over here. If it had an awd option and kept the manual option I'd order it as soon as ordering opened. I'm still loving my 6. Just about 7 months with it so far and it's been everything I was looking for
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:51 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:44 pm You still going to come out on adventures if you :nuke: the :truk: ?

My potato skills are seriously lacking in comparison. :lol:
Holding pattern for now.

I can always ride shotgun. :lol:
:like:
max225

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:47 pm I'm pretty interested in this but what I really want is the 6 wagon to be brought over here. If it had an awd option and kept the manual option I'd order it as soon as ordering opened. I'm still loving my 6. Just about 7 months with it so far and it's been everything I was looking for
:butwhy:
6 is barely competitive, and no one wants a wagon
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:17 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:14 pm
:butwhy:
6 is barely competitive, and no one wants a wagon
Howso?
The US marketplace is shifting away from sedans, shrinking this category significantly.
Accord/Camry own the market.
In terms of style
IMO they are better styled than the mazda.

In terms of quality/reliability
Mazda also has a worse reputation for reliability, yet it is priced in line with those competitors.

In terms of value play H has it beat for $ and warranty.

Which leaves it in the "premium" category, and who in their right mind would spend 35k for a Mazda 6, that's just wrong.

So it is just caught up between a rock and a hard place, it isn't a bad car per say, but the competitors and the people shopping this space would very likely avoid a 6, and they do based on the historical sales figures.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:16 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:14 pm

I drove a near 400k crown victoria for 2 months to get the right deal and not to pay BMW stupid money for stupid shit. :aintcare: what anyone says.
You do what's right for you financially, I'd much rather spend my time in a 80k mile buick, rather than paying off a 30k thing that I can't afford.
YOU DO WHAT IT TAKES to SURVIVE, this American flexing lifestyle is :fullretard: bankruptcy ruins lives.
Unless it involves driving a Hyundai of course.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I'm not saying it would make sense necessarily but it's something that I want. I don't see it being 35k either considering it would compete with the alltrack and outback
max225

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:26 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:16 pm
A 3 year old elantra at 6-8k is just about the cheapest/most reliable transport you can find for the money. So why not?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:27 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:26 pm

A 3 year old elantra at 6-8k is just about the cheapest/most reliable transport you can find for the money. So why not?
Weren't you saying suicide was preferable to driving a Hyundai?
max225

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:29 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Weren't you saying suicide was preferable to driving a Hyundai?
It depends on your purpose for the vehicle. And no I wasn't saying that. I believe that was coined by @Desertbreh