Placapalooza 2018: Truck Dreams: Family Crisis tour

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

razr390 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:29 pm So how many people :plac: since this thread was made? Get on it, Toby.
Should hear back about job interview this week. If a get a government car to ride around in, I may wait out the placitits. We'll see

Side Related note. I put down 2 professional references for this new job. 1 is the HNIC of my old job in Washington DC with USDOL. 2nd is my current supervisor.

My current job in Michigan is a big step back from my job in KY. My current supervisor knows it and she doesn't bother me or micromanage. I don't really respect her as a leader but she's decent as far as having my back in personnel stuff(asking for time off can be a bitch sometimes) and we get along. She's not great with people and cannot communicate for shit. She came to me last week and let me know they contacted her to get feedback after my interview. She goes on to tell me what she told them. She framed it as I needed to be doing something else and that she encouraged me to apply for the new job. She went on from there about how I was good at what I do but I was kinda nervous how she described it trying to see it from the eyes of someone who doesn't know her. I know she meant that I'm overqualified and would be better suited doing something more advanced. Then she tells me that they told her something like "oh, wow. Usually supervisors don't say stuff like that". That made me freak out. Clearly they took her comments the same way I was taking them that were making me nervous if I hadn't known her ...eg, I'm not a good fit.

If I don't get this job, regardless of the reason, it's going to be hard not to put some of it on her. I don't know who else applied and I know it's not rational but it's there....I already have experience in the same type of role even more advanced than the one I applied for. Hard to imagine someone being hired with a better resume unless there were extenuating circumstances.....

This job is already hard enough to go to every Monday morning....been a depressing few days.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:59 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:52 pm

:truckyeah: ???
:lolol:
Let’s see it happen.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:39 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:18 pm

I actually have no idea what to think of you. Part of me believes you're azn.
What in the actual fuck? Ron Broham is Greek, Holmes. That's a guy who eats hummus and cucumbers who doesn't make you nervous when he walks on an airplane.
Had to read this twice before I got it. :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:57 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:22 pm

Wapalopolis.
:notsure: if its made up or he made the username as part of his last name.
It's as real as it gets.
razr390

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:18 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:29 pm So how many people :plac: since this thread was made? Get on it, Toby.
Should hear back about job interview this week. If a get a government car to ride around in, I may wait out the placitits. We'll see

Side Related note. I put down 2 professional references for this new job. 1 is the HNIC of my old job in Washington DC with USDOL. 2nd is my current supervisor.

My current job in Michigan is a big step back from my job in KY. My current supervisor knows it and she doesn't bother me or micromanage. I don't really respect her as a leader but she's decent as far as having my back in personnel stuff(asking for time off can be a bitch sometimes) and we get along. She's not great with people and cannot communicate for shit. She came to me last week and let me know they contacted her to get feedback after my interview. She goes on to tell me what she told them. She framed it as I needed to be doing something else and that she encouraged me to apply for the new job. She went on from there about how I was good at what I do but I was kinda nervous how she described it trying to see it from the eyes of someone who doesn't know her. I know she meant that I'm overqualified and would be better suited doing something more advanced. Then she tells me that they told her something like "oh, wow. Usually supervisors don't say stuff like that". That made me freak out. Clearly they took her comments the same way I was taking them that were making me nervous if I hadn't known her ...eg, I'm not a good fit.

If I don't get this job, regardless of the reason, it's going to be hard not to put some of it on her. I don't know who else applied and I know it's not rational but it's there....I already have experience in the same type of role even more advanced than the one I applied for. Hard to imagine someone being hired with a better resume unless there were extenuating circumstances.....

This job is already hard enough to go to every Monday morning....been a depressing few days.
It’ll work out for the best mang. It seems she was being honest with them and normally most supervisors wouldn’t tell investigators of another gig that the employee is overqualified for what they’re doing in their current role because it would normally make them as supervisors look bad
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:01 pm

I'd never post Wap's real name or address online, that'd be a violation.
:wub:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:22 pm

It's as real as it gets.
Shouldn't you be living it up on watered down booze and overcooked shrimp cocktail right now?
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:03 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:01 pm

I'd never post Wap's real name or address online, that'd be a violation.
I thought so, he is super lowkey, that said, i may or may not blame him. Almost all of us know exactly how we look like and our true names.

Actually i just remembered wap joined the TOD when troy and griff went there i think few years back
:wat:
:wrong:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:22 pm

It’ll work out for the best mang. It seems she was being honest with them and normally most supervisors wouldn’t tell investigators of another gig that the employee is overqualified for what they’re doing in their current role because it would normally make them as supervisors look bad
I was so ate up Friday I wanted to call the interviewer and talk to her about it.

I just hope the looked at my history, called the big guy in DC and realized what was up.

:( :( :(
:baby: :pussy: :baby:
:( :( :(
wap

:(
That sucks. Sorry dude.
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:24 pm
wap wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:22 pm

It's as real as it gets.
Shouldn't you be living it up on watered down booze and overcooked shrimp cocktail right now?
I'm currently outside of Ft Lauderdale. Cruise sails tomorrow morning.
razr390

wap wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:32 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:24 pm

My old stomping grounds! Sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami?
wap

razr390 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:38 pm
wap wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Yup!

Ft L
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:26 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:03 pm

I thought so, he is super lowkey, that said, i may or may not blame him. Almost all of us know exactly how we look like and our true names.

Actually i just remembered wap joined the TOD when troy and griff went there i think few years back
wait, was that csg mk6 that was taken with IL plates really you that you posted?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:34 pm
wap wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:26 pm

wait, was that csg mk6 that was taken with IL plates really you that you posted?
Oh, yea that was me but I wasn't with the TOTD gang. It was just the Mrs and me 3 summers ago.
razr390

wap wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:12 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:38 pm

Yup!

Ft L
Does Royal have one of their yuge ships in there?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:02 pm

Oh, yea that was me but I wasn't with the TOTD gang. It was just the Mrs and me 3 summers ago.
makes sense
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

razr390 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:05 pm
wap wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Yup!

Ft L
Does Royal have one of their yuge ships in there?
I'm not near the port ATM. I'll find out tomorrow around noon.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:47 pm

Wap's done the dragon but not with anyone on here.

Nobody's ever met the elusive :wap:
:dat:
Jay745 from the Dead Zone met me when he did some VAGCOM mods to my car :doe:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:00 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:47 pm

Wap's done the dragon but not with anyone on here.

Nobody's ever met the elusive :wap:
...and he was never seen again.

Don't mess with the :wap:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:16 pm
wap wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:00 pm

...and he was never seen again.

Don't mess with the :wap:
:lolol:
:notwrong:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:41 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Let’s see it happen.
:truckyeah: !
:truckyeah:
:lolgasm:
:fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: :truckyeah: :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:
razr390

Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:41 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Let’s see it happen.
:truckyeah: !
:fuckyeah: :truckyeah: :lolol:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...