Rumble On bike purchase review

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Been trying to sell the V-Rod for nearly a year. Some waves of really trying to sell it, and some of me just reposting on Craigslist. I took it down several times, re-worded my for sale ad, took new pictures from better angles and with better lighting. Got a bunch of tire kickers, and ghosted by 2 serious buyers.
My price started at $8K, and I was expecting to get $6K. About 6-8 months in I slowly changed my price to 7K, then finally 6K. On paper $6,000 was my lowest I'd post online but I was planning on taking $5, which was my rock bottom price. Got one serious guy an hour west of me and we agreed on 5. While I was waiting for that to happen I got an offer from a random dipshit which simply said "4500 cash for night rode".
I emailed him back and said I currently had a buyer lined up for my current asking price, and would message him if anything fell thru. Got ghosted, I email him back, he asks for a link to the craigslist ad again, responds with "Man, mileage kinda high". YOU MADE THE FUCKING LOWBALL OFFER YOU FUCK?!?! YOU TOOK THAT INTO ACCOUNT.

So after that, I started seeing ads on Insta for Rumble On. Submit your bike and get a quote in 15 minutes.
I submitted my for sale ad pictures, front, back, left right, rear tire, front tire. With all the current mods.
About 20 minutes later I get this:

I'm like..... Man. $4K, they pay for shipping, all I do is take it and I've wiped my hands clean of this bike. Had I known a year ago that I would have so much trouble selling this thing that I could of just take a $1K price hit at the time and been able to have the money to buy a Miata then, and just come up with the missing $1K cash on my own... I would of done it.

So I hit accept, and then when they called me to confirm I said that I actually wanted to cancel it, and return it mostly to stock and resubmit for a new quote. The guy told me the quote's likely going to be nearly the same, so I just said I'd resubmit new pics so that it's not misrepresented. The only difference in the pics that you could tell was the stock exhaust anyways. And I pulled the red vinyl off the tank shell and the wheel stripe.
So I did that, and then they send you a UPS label and instructions for notarizing the title. Include your banking info for the deposit. Notarize the title, sign the bill of sale, put it in an envelope and the UPS shit is all prepaid. It's overnighted to them and the next day they deposit the cash, call you to confirm. Then say a courier will be calling you within the week to pick it up.

I got a call on a Saturday from a guy, comes within the hour. He told me that the bikes go up for bid somewhere and the couriers/haulers bid on it and just run a route picking up bikes and delivering for customers as well.

He stops by, we shoot the shit for a good hour or so and I help him strap it down.

He doesn't care about condition or anything. His job is to pick it up as is and get it to these people. And that's it. I haven't heard from them since. I haven't had to deal with them saying "Hey the license plate LED doesn't work, HOW TO FIX?"
Just as is. And you buy like that as well. They run through their check list to best represent what they're selling and the condition for their website. Ultimately it sold for $6,088. What I was trying to get for it. But when no one's biting, and people are lowballing you, sometimes taking a reasonable hit is worth it. For me, I'm happy with it. The amount of bullshit I had to deal with was astounding.
The only regret I had was when I was asking 8K, that I didn't take up thong girl on her offer of $6,500.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

nice review
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Interesting indeed. I may toss the KTM up there and see what happens.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Acid666

4zilch wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:16 pm Interesting indeed. I may toss the KTM up there and see what happens.
Do it and see what you get. Expect a little below market value. Some people commenting on their facebook ads are complaining SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much about their offers, but what they don't take into consideration is the actual value of their bikes. It's along the lines of "I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT BRO!" and "Yeahhhhhh the market is flooded with Sportsters buddy, they ain't selling for what you think they are mah baw".

For me, a 1K hit on a 5K price tag was reasonable. Would I take a 4 grand offer on a bike that I KNOW is worth 10? Hell no. But to not have to pay shipping or anything, it's worth it.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:19 pm
4zilch wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:16 pm Interesting indeed. I may toss the KTM up there and see what happens.
Do it and see what you get. Expect a little below market value. Some people commenting on their facebook ads are complaining SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much about their offers, but what they don't take into consideration is the actual value of their bikes. It's along the lines of "I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT BRO!" and "Yeahhhhhh the market is flooded with Sportsters buddy, they ain't selling for what you think they are mah baw".

For me, a 1K hit on a 5K price tag was reasonable. Would I take a 4 grand offer on a bike that I KNOW is worth 10? Hell no. But to not have to pay shipping or anything, it's worth it.
Yeah, I expect to see an offer 2-3k under market, but no haggle, no bullshit CL people to deal with is certainly enticing.

..and I could put the bike back to near stock and sell off the aftermarket bit to help make up the difference.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I'm also going to keep them on hand if I want a cheap bike. This Multistrada is a great :dill: https://www.rumbleon.com/buy/ZDM12BSW5DB006306
Acid666

4zilch wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:34 pm I'm also going to keep them on hand if I want a cheap bike. This Multistrada is a great :dill: https://www.rumbleon.com/buy/ZDM12BSW5DB006306
Yeah I looked around at their inventory and was pretty impressed with the affordability of some of them. And the fact that it's shipped to your door at that price makes it a decent deal.
When I sold mine, they had about 650 harleys. Then I checked last week, it was up to about 725. Now it's down to 617. So they move some product like woah. If I want a cheap little beater bike later I'll probably go with them first. I used to want that Dorsoduro. I think a little supermotard would be the only bike I could get and actually find a use for right now in my life.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:54 pm
4zilch wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:34 pm I'm also going to keep them on hand if I want a cheap bike. This Multistrada is a great :dill: https://www.rumbleon.com/buy/ZDM12BSW5DB006306
Yeah I looked around at their inventory and was pretty impressed with the affordability of some of them. And the fact that it's shipped to your door at that price makes it a decent deal.
When I sold mine, they had about 650 harleys. Then I checked last week, it was up to about 725. Now it's down to 617. So they move some product like woah. If I want a cheap little beater bike later I'll probably go with them first. I used to want that Dorsoduro. I think a little supermotard would be the only bike I could get and actually find a use for right now in my life.
Dorsoduro is kinda meh compared to a Hypermotard. Honestly the Hyper 1100 probably gave me more giggles than anything i've ever owned, but the new 939 hypermotards are great too.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I thought this was going to be a Subaru branded bicycle purchase thread :sad:

:nevermind:
Acid666

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:11 pm I thought this was going to be a Subaru branded bicycle purchase thread :sad:

Install a Vape holder to the handlebarz, call it a day.. PROFIT Y0!
Johnny_P

Acid666 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:13 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:11 pm I thought this was going to be a Subaru branded bicycle purchase thread :sad:

This is a :notbad: idea. Can't wear a flatbrim under a helmet though :notsure:
Acid666

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:17 pm

Damn. Maybe hot glue a super large brim to the top of the helmet opening. SHADE BRUH
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wow, that a lotta bike for 8k all in (after tt&l)
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:33 pm
wow, that a lotta bike for 8k all in (after tt&l)
The beauty of this one is that they haven't received it yet so it's the customer's original photos that they submitted. And from the looks of that garage you can tell that the dude probably took really good care of it. When they finally get the bike and do their inspection, they get professional photos with a solid white backdrop. With mine, they didn't even bother to clean it up and detail it, they just present it as is. I know because I did a light detail of mine and cleaned some rough spots, and I could still see the same condition in the photos.
I wanted to spend more time with it but the dude called me out of the blue to pick it up, and I entered DGAF mode and said TAKE IT
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I will not look up adv bikes when I get home tonight...
Acid666

So far I'm about +545 on used parts. I'm waiting on this one guy to finally bite the bullet on the exhaust, which is about $350. So all in I'm doing decent on moving parts out
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:48 pm I will not look up adv bikes when I get home tonight...
:wrong:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:36 pm

When there's a will apparently there's a way.

Still :amazing: that Z-man has a flat brim.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

In4 update:

Sent them my KTM, they offered 4500. I’m not that desperate yet. The offer is roughly 4K under what I think the bike will easily sell for.
Acid666

4zilch wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:57 am In4 update:

Sent them my KTM, they offered 4500. I’m not that desperate yet. The offer is roughly 4K under what I think the bike will easily sell for.
Yeah it ranges. There's guys claiming that they lowballed them half as much as a bike is worth, and there's guys like me who they hit within $1k of their price.
If my bike was worth $10K, I wouldn't sell it for 6 or 7.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:lolol:

Thats got to be lower than trade amirite?
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Not a Harley.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Acid666

You should read the comments on their facebook advertisements where people are appalled at their offers for their Harleys. A lot of guys with Sportsters and shit spittin out that "I CAN GET MOAR FO DIS IF I SOLD IT MAHSALF BRUH!" rhetoric. Then people come in and post the KBB and then inform them that the market is saturated with their kind of bike.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:24 am

:lolol:

Thats got to be lower than trade amirite?
More than likely, but it’s an odd duck with their normal customer. Theyre a company that makes money on volume, not on transactional profit margin.

Honestly I wasn’t too surprised, had hoped for a bit moar tho.