The time has come to join the Placidemic of 2018

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

What GTIs have the LSD?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:34 am Also congratulations on the job. Nice adulting. Bangbus is now in the Book of Lamentations. Sad!
Thanks man. I'm excited and yet sad. The Bang Bus thing couldn't last forever, the bus itself is really showing it's age and with the company under new ownershit, I felt like the writing was on the wall that the gig wouldn't last forever. I hope that I enjoy the new work but the money will certainly be nice regardless. Change is scary and sad but can result in great growth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:32 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:24 am:baby: :doe:
I don't have :dat: .
K just putting it out there bc it only takes 9 mths to make one
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:37 am
D Griff wrote:
:notsure: what the N will cost.
Minimum $5k over the R-spec, plus premium fuel and higher property tax and depreciation and maintenance/consumables most likely. Plus who knows when it'll even be available - maybe not this year at all.
:word:

The 87 versus 93 thing is actually pretty significant I feel. If I use 10 gallons of gas/week in this car (seems like the minimum) then that is like $7/week, almost $400 per year. Not life changing but not nothing.

The N in the light blue though... pretty sweet.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:22 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:21 am Have you driven an MQB :turboyaris: ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, I drove @Jaxper's a few years back. Stock, it was basically like my MK6 with a toon, IMO. I definitely like them a lot, I loved my MK6. I just sold to "save money" . :plac:
:sissyfight:

I'm biased but I vote MK7 too, especially with the improvements that have been made since mine.
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:23 am They're a massive improvement over the Mk6's to daily drive. Did jaxpers have LSD?

It does not. I had to get mine shortly after release due to my temp MK4 (to bridge between my totaled MK6 and the MK7) shitting the bed and needing more repairs than it was worth. The only additions available at the time, or at least within a reasonable distance of the :dillerman: was the lighting package. I was hoping to hold out for the PP, but couldn't justify it with the impending repair costs.
The panda hath arrived.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:45 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:37 am Minimum $5k over the R-spec, plus premium fuel and higher property tax and depreciation and maintenance/consumables most likely. Plus who knows when it'll even be available - maybe not this year at all.

The 87 versus 93 thing is actually pretty significant I feel. If I use 10 gallons of gas/week in this car (seems like the minimum) then that is like $7/week, almost $400 per year. Not life changing but not nothing.

It is. I don't care what gas costs anymore and all of my cars use 91, which always makes me roll my eyes at the cost of being an "enthusiast"....about 40-50 cents a gallon. You'll use a lot more than 10 gallons a week.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

D Griff wrote:What GTIs have the LSD?
Standard on SE and Autobahn. Not available on S.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:gtfo: with crotchfruit planning. He may see the path before him but plausible deniability is still an acceptable thing here.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:50 am
D Griff wrote:What GTIs have the LSD?
Standard on SE and Autobahn. Not available on S.

You have to get the LSD and the brakes. Otherwise :gtfo:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:37 am Minimum $5k over the R-spec, plus premium fuel and higher property tax and depreciation and maintenance/consumables most likely. Plus who knows when it'll even be available - maybe not this year at all.

It's probably like $50/month extra to run premium - or more if you drive a lot. It's almost the same as lighting money on fire. :wasteful:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Desertbreh wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:50 am Standard on SE and Autobahn. Not available on S.

:dat:

S still has halogen headlights too. That's a :nope:

Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:40 am What GTIs have the LSD?
The only ones worth purchasing
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:57 am
Desertbreh wrote:

I think the halogens are fine. On the MK6 at least they were pretty damn good for just basic bitch headlights. The HIDs/LEDs or whatever look neater I guess but I don't think it would suck to have halogen lights on this car. Cheaper to own in the long run too :iono:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:52 am
:gtfo: with crotchfruit planning. He may see the path before him but plausible deniability is still an acceptable thing here.

Definitely no crotchfruit in the coming couple of years, and if we have :baby: in like 2022 (which is possible, maybe even likely) I'll deal with that then. I'm not going to let that determine what I buy now. I bet those rear facing monstrosities don't fit in any of these cars, hopefully a used SS will be somewhat cheap by then.
Johnny_P

Sadly now if you want the PP and LSD you have to get the broken sunroof. Literally. Many are ending up broken. So that's fun.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:05 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:57 am :dat:

I think the halogens are fine. On the MK6 at least they were pretty damn good for just basic bitch headlights. The HIDs/LEDs or whatever look neater I guess but I don't think it would suck to have halogen lights on this car. Cheaper to own in the long run too :iono:
Yeah, the upgraded lights are :neat: but whatevs. I am used to a C5 which has arguably the worst headlights of the last 20 years.
troyguitar

The halogen projectors on both of our Mazdas (and my old MR2) are fine - and yeah new bulbs are like $15/pair.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:06 pm Sadly now if you want the PP and LSD you have to get the broken sunroof. Literally. Many are ending up broken. So that's fun.
It's also over $30k. Many dangs, that is a lot of cashola.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Granted used could be a thing too. Do GTIs still depreciate a shit ton?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:05 pm

Definitely no crotchfruit in the coming couple of years, and if we have :baby: in like 2022 (which is possible, maybe even likely) I'll deal with that then. I'm not going to let that determine what I buy now. I bet those rear facing monstrosities don't fit in any of these cars, hopefully a used SS will be somewhat cheap by then.
Rear facing seats fit in the back of a MINI FYI and a ton of room for one in the back of a MKVI :turboyaris:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

E46 M3
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:05 pm

baby seat fits fin in my :mk6:
brain go brrrrrr
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:41 am
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:32 am So, civic sport not even si. That’s my vote but I’m :wrong: you can go with an egg but premium + a fair bit more esspensive
This is really not a bad option, but I think if he wants more "fun" and is considering a FiST off the bat, the Civic Sport will likely fall short of what he wants? Never driven one so I have no dog in that fight.

Worth checking out though. I think the hatch is the best version of the Civic. 1.5T makes some power, 6MT can be upgraded with Si/R shifter tower for cheap to make it sublime, 87 octane donkey piss, heard there's rev hang so that kind of blows, very likely better resale, IMO it looks good.

:iono:

Fun is what the vette is for. Civic sport handles great for a daily and the shifter and clutch are perfect why fuck with it?! Oh yea modddzzz bruh
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:07 pm The halogen projectors on both of our Mazdas (and my old MR2) are fine - and yeah new bulbs are like $15/pair.
That's the thing. New LED lights are all the rage and produce white bro-light and look cool but you're fuuuuuuuucked if you burn a bulb out. Basically requires full headlight housing replacement in most cars.

IDK, maybe this is me getting :wap: but I've now been in plenty of halogen cars that I deemed lighting was decent enough to not actually care if I were to own it.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:Granted used could be a thing too. Do GTIs still depreciate a shit ton?
Yep, but a :manuel: with performance pack and no sunroof is relatively rare. You should also drive one again first, the mk7 :manuel: trans has longer gearing than the mk6 or DSG which could be annoying.