The time has come to join the Placidemic of 2018

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:turboyaris: is the answer.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:48 am GTI gets my vote. Those cars are great commuters/highway bruisers. 6 year 72k warranty, and you've got an SCCA membershit, right?

Come buy from me and have an epic road trip home.
:word:

I'll likely end up in NY in my final days at SSL, so I could easily AmTrak down and grab the car, take it home. If I decide to go GTI I will certainly go this route if possible. If not, I'll buy you a four pack of PBR tall boys and then drink them myself because too Jewish to ship. Do you have any connections besides Mazda or VW? I just don't think the 3 would be quite entertaining enough for me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:32 am So, civic sport not even si. That’s my vote but I’m :wrong: you can go with an egg but premium + a fair bit more esspensive
:notbad:

I'll try to test drive both the Sport and Si. I imagine a Sport :manuel: is pretty rare.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Have you driven an MQB :turboyaris: ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:14 am Velobster R-spec in bright ass orange for the full lobster experience. Same power and weight as the Fiesta ST but it runs on 87 and has independent rear suspension and better ergonomics. Don't they have a 10 yr 100k warranty too?
It's definitely interesting, when do they hit :dillerman: lots?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:21 am Have you driven an MQB :turboyaris: ?

Yeah, I drove @Jaxper's a few years back. Stock, it was basically like my MK6 with a toon, IMO. I definitely like them a lot, I loved my MK6. I just sold to "save money" . :plac:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

D Griff wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:21 am Have you driven an MQB :turboyaris: ?

Yeah, I drove @Jaxper's a few years back. Stock, it was basically like my MK6 with a toon, IMO. I definitely like them a lot, I loved my MK6. I just sold to "save money" . :plac:
They're a massive improvement over the Mk6's to daily drive. Did jaxpers have LSD?

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:43 am Yea, in that situation I'd be seriously considering a GTI or a Golf Wagon whatever it's called. You'll already have a great fun car, might as well get something more comfortable and utilitarian.

A Golf Alltrack would be sweet since I know you guys like outdoors stuff, it could lend itself well to softroading AND you can get a :manuel: IIRC.
Eh, I think they're ugly, slow, worse MPGs... would def GTI over one. We take the :poorvette: to the mountains regularly, a GTI would do just fine.

Also... TDI :disgust: My parents had one and I did not like driving that slow ass turd at all.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:23 am
D Griff wrote:
They're a massive improvement over the Mk6's to daily drive. Did jaxpers have LSD?

No, it was a first year model I believe. I also didn't really drive it super hard in any corners or anything.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:26 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:19 am

:word:

I'll likely end up in NY in my final days at SSL, so I could easily AmTrak down and grab the car, take it home. If I decide to go GTI I will certainly go this route if possible. If not, I'll buy you a four pack of PBR tall boys and then drink them myself because too Jewish to ship. Do you have any connections besides Mazda or VW? I just don't think the 3 would be quite entertaining enough for me.
I could still probably pull some strings at MINI, but you don't wanna do that unless you're turning your own wrenches. Labor costs on a MINI are astronomical.

Mazderp3 isn't bad at all, but the passing power of the GTI on the highway is :meboosta:
Huh, I hadn't really thought about a MINI. It would be kinda neat, but hard to justify for the same cost as a GTI.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:14 am Velobster R-spec in bright ass orange for the full lobster experience. Same power and weight as the Fiesta ST but it runs on 87 and has independent rear suspension and better ergonomics. Don't they have a 10 yr 100k warranty too?
It's definitely interesting, when do they hit :dillerman: lots?
I thought that they were already out? :iono:

Just buy a ZR2. A 70% raise should pull you out of poverty status.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Dang, the Hyundai suggestion is a good one. Would be cool if someone on here got one. The orange or sky blue/gray color would be :jimp:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:28 am

I could still probably pull some strings at MINI, but you don't wanna do that unless you're turning your own wrenches. Labor costs on a MINI are astronomical.

Mazderp3 isn't bad at all, but the passing power of the GTI on the highway is :meboosta:
Huh, I hadn't really thought about a MINI. It would be kinda neat, but hard to justify for the same cost as a GTI.
I wouldn't Mini, personally. More expensive and lower performance than a GTI, and more upkeep / less reliable.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:51 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:46 am

I wouldn't Mini, personally. More expensive and lower performance than a GTI, and more upkeep / less reliable.
I mean, FWIW, the wife's Cooper has been great so far. We've had it since 6500 miles - she's got 50K on it now. Only oil changes and brakes.

They're not bad cars at all, especially the newest ones - but the GTI gets you a real diff and better brakes for far less.
More usable space, much more trunk/hatch space, "better" engine, etc.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:28 am

Nowhere near the same cost, though, when you compare similarly equipped cars... a fairly basically equipped S is also almost impossible to find without "premium" packages.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:45 am Dang, the Hyundai suggestion is a good one. Would be cool if someone on here got one. The orange or sky blue/gray color would be :jimp:
:dat:

If you don't need a real 4 door that'd be really high on my list.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:09 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:45 am Dang, the Hyundai suggestion is a good one. Would be cool if someone on here got one. The orange or sky blue/gray color would be :jimp:
:dat:

If you don't need a real 4 door that'd be really high on my list.
I think the three door thing is OK. I mean, I will rarely have back seat passengers.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:baby: :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Looks like MSRP for a whorange Fiesta ST or Veloster R-Spec are both around $23k. Probably more discounts to be had on the Fiesta, but both seem :notbad: .
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:25 am Looks like MSRP for a whorange Fiesta ST or Veloster R-Spec are both around $23k. Probably more discounts to be had on the Fiesta, but both seem :notbad: .
I'd skip the R-Spec, it'd be N or :turboyaris: for me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:24 am:baby: :doe:
I don't have :dat: .
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:26 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:25 am Looks like MSRP for a whorange Fiesta ST or Veloster R-Spec are both around $23k. Probably more discounts to be had on the Fiesta, but both seem :notbad: .
I'd skip the R-Spec, it'd be N or :turboyaris: for me.
:notsure: what the N will cost.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

GTI Zil Deal is the best overall option listed, and as you recall it gives you an incredible amount of space, making it just as useful if not moreso than the fusion. I would FiestaST if it was essentially free, but otherwise its pretty small. Max's Civic Sport idea is the most sensible and I would test drive that bish.... and I would at least go test drive the Velobster R because :mahtroy: out of the box idea is out of the box.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also congratulations on the job. Nice adulting. Bangbus is now in the Book of Lamentations. Sad!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
coogles wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:26 am I'd skip the R-Spec, it'd be N or :turboyaris: for me.
:notsure: what the N will cost.
Minimum $5k over the R-spec, plus premium fuel and higher property tax and depreciation and maintenance/consumables most likely. Plus who knows when it'll even be available - maybe not this year at all.