The time has come to join the Placidemic of 2018

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Personally I think a civic si hatch is a perfect daily. Too bad those bastards don’t make one :(. I’d buy one
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

It would be kind of :neat: getting an absolute base model hatch with the 2.0L/ :manuel: and using the extra :waxer: left over on good suspension and down the road (like after the warranty expires) some aftermarket power gainz.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:59 pm It would be kind of :neat: getting an absolute base model hatch with the 2.0L/ :manuel: and using the extra :waxer: left over on good suspension and down the road (like after the warranty expires) some aftermarket power gainz.
2.0 is a total pig tho... and the body kit and suspension and interior upgrades (leather steering wheel) are all worth while.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

They don't make the hatch with the k20 anyway.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:06 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:59 pm It would be kind of :neat: getting an absolute base model hatch with the 2.0L/ :manuel: and using the extra :waxer: left over on good suspension and down the road (like after the warranty expires) some aftermarket power gainz.
2.0 is a total pig tho... and the body kit and suspension and interior upgrades (leather steering wheel) are all worth while.
I like the hatch format and value that aspect the most in this equation. 2.0L not avail (Troy mentions) so the Sport seems like a good compromise but it takes away from the future build aspect. Basically keeping it stock at that point/and for that price.
Last edited by Tar on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:28 pm They don't make the hatch with the k20 anyway.
Bummer
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That k20 build concept could work on the coupe for those okay with 2 drs. Probably the right format for that buyer mindset website didn't show shit but its gotta be lightest in the lineup too
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Fit Sport :manuel: comes in a Orange Fury. I'd take that for a spin just to see what it's about.
max225

You guys sure care about color a lot :gay:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:32 am You guys sure care about color a lot :gay:
It's a curse.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:32 am You guys sure care about color a lot :gay:
The :gorf: blue makes me feel a certain way. I was outside the office while my boss hacked on a cigarette and probably stared at my car's paint multiple times during that dialog. I'd hate to lose that aspect in my next car. Especially in the econobox realm.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Silver is growing on me. I think :waxer: s cars are upselling the look.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Ok youtubed some Fit vids. Nothing special about the sport package except appearance. That car needs to be bought as a complete base model and fucked around with. Suspension and 15s are probably dirt cheap. It's a brand new redo of the original Hondas that I grew up with.

Esentially one if these with better utility, new and some level of crash protection. (I guess the FiST does the same but better.)
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:36 am Ok youtubed some Fit vids. Nothing special about the sport package except appearance. That car needs to be bought as a complete base model and fucked around with. Suspension and 15s are probably dirt cheap. It's a brand new redo of the original Hondas that I grew up with.

Esentially one if these with better utility, new and some level of crash protection. (I guess the FiST does the same but better.)
The Fit is a packaging marvel though, the FiST is tiny inside. FiST will be way more fun but the Fit is utilitarian. I've driven a first gen Fit a bunch (my buddy in FL has one and loans it to me annually), they have a nice shifter, tossable feel, but they're slow and have little grip. I think with suspension, wheel, and tire mods, they would be decent.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:31 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:36 am Ok youtubed some Fit vids. Nothing special about the sport package except appearance. That car needs to be bought as a complete base model and fucked around with. Suspension and 15s are probably dirt cheap. It's a brand new redo of the original Hondas that I grew up with.

The Fit is a packaging marvel though, the FiST is tiny inside. FiST will be way more fun but the Fit is utilitarian. I've driven a first gen Fit a bunch (my buddy in FL has one and loans it to me annually), they have a nice shifter, tossable feel, but they're slow and have little grip. I think with suspension, wheel, and tire mods, they would be decent.
1.5 130hp sounds slow, but seems neat with a mild build and the right :flatbrim:

I love what you can do with the seats. :megusta:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:57 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:48 pm

:225: boi is right on this one, 87 has more btu/gallon than 93, or most 100 and higer blends for that matter. Stuff that increased knock resistant takes away energy content. On the other end you have the diesel.

on the exact same engine optimized for 87 fuel.... it will make less power with 93.

now an engine optimized for 93 that you put 87 into with a knock sensor will make less power than 93, because engineering.
There's very little if any differences in BTU content between 87 and 93.

Higher octane resists detonation, which allows more compression and more ignition timing which allows MOAR of the BTU content to be used. Getting into race fuels,100+ octane, there's often an oxygenate at play, which again, allows more of hydrocarbons to be burned. Moar complete combustion = moar energy available to the tires.
this is also 100% correct.

Moral of the story: if your car says it will run on fine on regular fuel, use regular fuel. If it calls for premium...use premium.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dubshow wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:04 pm Awww yeah. Picked fresh! From 2012
ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
:wtf: :dubshow: :wtf:
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

The Fit is amazing from a practicality/packaging standpoint and honestly that's about it. It's a pretty overrated car IMO.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:24 am

The Fit is amazing from a practicality/packaging standpoint and honestly that's about it. It's a pretty overrated car IMO.
Yea, not sure who rates it highly and in what categories. It is a disposable toaster of a vehicle
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

The first gen sports drove fantastic. That really elevated the vehicle among enthusiasts. The second gen mostly ruined that, but people still think they're awesome. Certainly a marvel of packaging, but not much else.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

The K20 + MT could be interesting, should feel pretty old school Honda. 158 HP is nothing to sneeze at for an econo car, and the revvy nature of the K series motor and good sound should make it entertaining if not blazing fast. I think they're around 8 flat to 60 which is fine and quicker than most cute utes including the CX5. If going automatic (CVT) I'd have to go with the turbo though, because the CVT will kill the revs and the turbo makes gobs more low end torque.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 am

The first gen sports drove fantastic. That really elevated the vehicle among enthusiasts. The second gen mostly ruined that, but people still think they're awesome. Certainly a marvel of packaging, but not much else.
A friend of mine had one. It was amazing from a load-shit-in-it perspective but sucked as a car. Hard ride, park bench seats, loud as all hell on the highway, and not at all sporty around turns because they no longer include a rear sway bar.

I dunno. For a city they seem ideal because they're epic to park, super tiny, yet hold more than a Golf. But outside that there's no reason to get one IMO.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Some of the Fits i youtubed yesterday were a hoot to throw around. Great shifter, and with aftermarket suspension and tires could shred canyons. All feedback was raw and real, thats what I like about the car. They have the size and capabilities of older honda civics which are a great base product for bullshitting around with aftermarket JDM bolt ons, but to bring this concept to full fruition it needs a K20 built to 200hp to truly be :megusta: .

I concede that it's a crappy car for highway commuting which is 80% of what I do, so i doubt I'd consider it seriously.
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:19 am Some of the Fits i youtubed yesterday were a hoot to throw around. Great shifter, and with aftermarket suspension and tires could shred canyons. All feedback was raw and real, thats what I like about the car. They have the size and capabilities of older honda civics which are a great base product for bullshitting around with aftermarket JDM bolt ons, but to bring this concept to full fruition it needs a K20 built to 200hp to truly be :megusta: .

I concede that it's a crappy car for highway commuting which is 80% of what I do, so i doubt I'd consider it seriously.
It rides like a dump truck on the stock suspension why make it worse
Johnny_P

@dgriff when you taking derivrery of the rice burner?