The time has come to join the Placidemic of 2018

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

The Wawas near me are all 92. Unless you're running on the ragged edge of compression and timing, I doubt that one point is going to affect anything, but they still charge like it is 93.

Royal Farms fried chicken is the bee's knees.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Huckleberry wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:05 pm The Wawas near me are all 92. Unless you're running on the ragged edge of compression and timing, I doubt that one point is going to affect anything, but they still charge like it is 93.

Royal Farms fried chicken is the bee's knees.
Poverty premium :disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Update: The car now has over 17k miles. We drove it to FL and back, averaged 32 MPG, started on the donkey piss I bought last week, ending on 89. It didn't seem to make any MPG difference in my small sample size. I don't really floor it much in this car so :iono: about performance. It just isn't really all that exciting compared to :poorvette: as far as that goes.

Musings after putting almost 1,500 miles on the car:

Positives:
-looks great
-the seats are simply incredible, I've never driven as much as I did this weekend with zero back discomfort
-super comfy all around
-fuel economy
-power is really nice and delivery is quite linear
-brakes are good

Negatives:
-using an aux cable because poverty and the jack doesn't work that well, I have to wedge something between the cable end in the glove box to hold it in place for L and R audio to both pass
-there is some vibration noise in the shifter area when it's in 6th gear, I need to dive into this at some point
-the digital oil checking takes 3X longer than just having a dip stick
-handling is meh - I know everyone said this already but a GTI is more fun to drive
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:49 pm Update: The car now has over 17k miles. We drove it to FL and back, averaged 32 MPG, started on the donkey piss I bought last week, ending on 89. It didn't seem to make any MPG difference in my small sample size. I don't really floor it much in this car so :iono: about performance. It just isn't really all that exciting compared to :poorvette: as far as that goes.

Positives:
-looks great
-the seats are simply incredible, I've never driven as much as I did this weekend with zero back discomfort
-super comfy all around
-fuel economy
-brakes are good

Negatives:
-using an aux cable because poverty and the jack doesn't work that well, I have to wedge something between the cable end in the glove box to hold it in place for L and R audio to both pass
-there is some vibration noise in the shifter area when it's in 6th gear, I need to dive into this at some point
-handling is meh - I know everyone said this already but a GTI is more fun to drive
all of :dat: :impressive: accumulation of miles, did you get a record of who changed the oil last? When is it due for the next one?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:35 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:49 pm Update: The car now has over 17k miles. We drove it to FL and back, averaged 32 MPG, started on the donkey piss I bought last week, ending on 89. It didn't seem to make any MPG difference in my small sample size. I don't really floor it much in this car so :iono: about performance. It just isn't really all that exciting compared to :poorvette: as far as that goes.

Positives:
-looks great
-super comfy all around
-fuel economy
-brakes are good

Negatives:
all of :dat: :impressive: accumulation of miles, did you get a record of who changed the oil last? When is it due for the next one?
:bow:

According to the :fax: Fox it was changed at 15k but it's been almost a year, it seems to have sat with these guys/at auction for a while... no one wants :manuel: . I will change it sometime soon when I have a bit of time, I'm sure it's fine but I like to have a fresh start and know what's in there.

According to the :fax: (IIRC) it's had four oil changes, one brake fluid flush, and one set of filter changes. Doesn't need anything else from what I can dig up.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It's strange - BMW's maintenance schedule seems to just be "do what the computer tells you" which is kind of lame.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:43 pm It's strange - BMW's maintenance schedule seems to just be "do what the computer tells you" which is kind of lame.
The computer knows a fair amount. It adjusts to your driving styles as well IIRC.

I'd change the oil with your regular Walmart M1 and throw in a fresh filter. Should be cheap enough.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:48 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:43 pm It's strange - BMW's maintenance schedule seems to just be "do what the computer tells you" which is kind of lame.
The computer knows a fair amount. It adjusts to your driving styles as well IIRC.

I'd change the oil with your regular Walmart M1 and throw in a fresh filter. Should be cheap enough.
:dat: is the plan. Basically just going to do oil changes annually and NFG the eff out of this thing, sell in a couple of years most likely.
max225

Also BMW computer is actually quite annoying, it yells at you through 3 different screens in my BMW, for things that most :derp: 's never change like brake fluid. So following the computer recommendations is quite alright.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:04 pm
Also BMW computer is actually quite annoying, it yells at you through 3 different screens in my BMW, for things that most :derp: 's never change like brake fluid. So following the computer recommendations is quite alright.
:word:

I was a little :disgust: the first day when I couldn't go into Sport mode due to the :225: light being on.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:09 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:04 pm

:word:

I was a little :disgust: the first day when I couldn't go into Sport mode due to the :225: light being on.
And it restricts you to 80mph and then again to even lower speed limits based on tire pressure.