The time has come to join the Placidemic of 2018

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:39 am
max225 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:34 am

Does other :dillerman: have a whorage one as well? 23.2 seems like a decent :dill: what’s the best otd price you got on the civic ?

also can you explain the shifter sitch? I couldn’t follow what “offset by 90 degrees” mean.
Who the fuck knows what the best Civic price was as they were all :bs: I was quoted $24,900 OTD and that car was "flooded", then $24,747 OTD which turned out to be like $25,500 if I'd taken the deal.

BMW would be about $22,700 OTD with shipping if I paid them asking price, which is honestly fair IMO.

The shift knob threads weren't the correct depth... so when tightened down, the shift pattern on the knob was turned 90 degrees. This is such a :wtf: oversight in quality. The knob was turned the right way and loosened when I got in the car, as if I somehow wouldn't notice? This could be fixed with a washer or something but kind of lame that that's necessary on a brand new vehicle.
Oh you couldn’t just screw it on right? It’s probably the only :manuel: slanty H in the state :lol:

22.7 on the beema seems pretty damn good as well. This is a really tough call. Both options have very distinct advantages and disadvantages
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:50 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:43 am

Should have been adjusted on delivery. Just sloppy check by that dealer.
Probably over-tightened.

Just swap the knob with another Lobster.
I can turn my STI knob if I muscle it around. Whatever.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:56 am
[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:50 am

Probably over-tightened.

Just swap the knob with another Lobster.
I can turn my STI knob if I muscle it around. Whatever.
:dat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I'd want there to be a blind spot monitoring system and reverse camera on the lobster. I feel like the window layout requires it.

Really like the review, it seems like a decent dd and I'd consider it, but still don't love it more then a GTI or Civic Sport. Pitting it against those two isn't completely fair because a new GTI is likely $8k more and even the civic sport is a few K's more, once factoring dollhair for dollhair I think the value proposition of a new lobster > used and abused GTI.

The whoreange looks good with black wheels, and knowing Hyundai the interior will look tits and probably comes well equipped. I'd invest in an aftetmarket shifter thst looks and feels great. Overall, two thumbs up on this product. I miss buying cars :jelly:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:05 am I'd want there to be a blind spot monitoring system and reverse camera on the lobster. I feel like the window layout requires it.

Really like the review, it seems like a decent dd and I'd consider it, but still don't love it more then a GTI or Civic Sport. Pitting it against those two isn't completely fair because a new GTI is likely $8k more and even the civic sport is a few K's more, once factoring dollhair for dollhair I think the value proposition of a new lobster > used and abused GTI.

The whoreange looks good with black wheels, and knowing Hyundai the interior will look tits and probably comes well equipped. I'd invest in an aftetmarket shifter thst looks and feels great. Overall, two thumbs up on this product. I miss buying cars :jelly:
How is a civic sport more ? It is actually 1k less msrp. 22.8 vs 23.7. Agreed on the other points... gti is really expensive in comparison unless you go used
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:39 am Who the fuck knows what the best Civic price was as they were all :bs: I was quoted $24,900 OTD and that car was "flooded", then $24,747 OTD which turned out to be like $25,500 if I'd taken the deal.

BMW would be about $22,700 OTD with shipping if I paid them asking price, which is honestly fair IMO.

The shift knob threads weren't the correct depth... so when tightened down, the shift pattern on the knob was turned 90 degrees. This is such a :wtf: oversight in quality. The knob was turned the right way and loosened when I got in the car, as if I somehow wouldn't notice? This could be fixed with a washer or something but kind of lame that that's necessary on a brand new vehicle.
Should have been adjusted on delivery. Just sloppy check by that dealer.
The R-spec comes with what is essentially an aftermarket B&M shifter, so it is probably in need of a shim to sit right.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:09 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:05 am I'd want there to be a blind spot monitoring system and reverse camera on the lobster. I feel like the window layout requires it.

How is a civic sport more ? It is actually 1k less msrp. 22.8 vs 23.7. Agreed on the other points... gti is really expensive in comparison unless you go used
I figure you're getting this at 20k+ttl, as advertised. Fake news maybe? Dollar for dollar i like the civic hatch for its utility.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:25 am
max225 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:09 am

I figure you're getting this at 20k+ttl, as advertised. Fake news maybe? Dollar for dollar i like the civic hatch for its utility.
Seems like "real price" he is getting is 21.75+ BS fees as posted. Civic should be comparable. The F30 is real question here.... I wonder if someone will check it out for him today.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:25 am I figure you're getting this at 20k+ttl, as advertised. Fake news maybe? Dollar for dollar i like the civic hatch for its utility.
Seems like "real price" he is getting is 21.75+ BS fees as posted. Civic should be comparable. The F30 is real question here.... I wonder if someone will check it out for him today.
They're going Monday, should be fine as the car has been sitting there for months.

As far as the Civic goes, this seems to slot in right between the Sport and Si price wise, which makes sense.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Should have been adjusted on delivery. Just sloppy check by that dealer.
The R-spec comes with what is essentially an aftermarket B&M shifter, so it is probably in need of a shim to sit right.
:dat: it's metal on metal. Not a huge thing but just kinda :wtf: that it would ship that way.

max225

D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:59 am
max225 wrote:
They're going Monday, should be fine as the car has been sitting there for months.

As far as the Civic goes, this seems to slot in right between the Sport and Si price wise, which makes sense.

So just looked at it again. That :dillerman: is just about your average bs slinger there... 3 oil changes ... in 15k miles which is :impressive: I know it’s time related but owner one seemed to have cared.

I’ll be honest here my one and only issue with it is the halogens. Which is a bit blah. But other than that killer color and spec. Those brakes are hard to come by
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote:
D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:59 am They're going Monday, should be fine as the car has been sitting there for months.

So just looked at it again. That :dillerman: is just about your average bs slinger there... 3 oil changes ... in 15k miles which is :impressive: I know it’s time related but owner one seemed to have cared.

I’ll be honest here my one and only issue with it is the halogens. Which is a bit blah. But other than that killer color and spec. Those brakes are hard to come by
Yeah the lights aren't ideal but I've only ever had halogens so I don't care too much. I dated a girl with a TL with xenons and they were nice but not a deal breaker. I'm assuming a newer BMW will have decent ones. The GTI's were really pretty good. C5 lights are abysmal as you know, so anything will be way better.

The Hyundai does have LED though, Shitvic has poverty lights.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Man, I'm so goddamn indecisive, it's annoying. Can't make a decision to save my fucking life. Woke up this morning second guessing everything. Maybe I should just suffer through the :poorvette: and save some cashola.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

D Griff wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:53 am Man, I'm so goddamn indecisive, it's annoying. Can't make a decision to save my fucking life. Woke up this morning second guessing everything. Maybe I should just suffer through the :poorvette: and save some cashola.
You can try that for a few weeks and sort this later. No rush is there...............
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:53 am Man, I'm so goddamn indecisive, it's annoying. Can't make a decision to save my fucking life. Woke up this morning second guessing everything. Maybe I should just suffer through the :poorvette: and save some cashola.
Go to your local Carmax and just see their inventory, see what you like/think you like? The indecisive stuff sucks but I’d also not want to DD the :poorvette: if I were in your shoes.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Don’t over-analyze. Take the crappy diller experience out, what car do you really want?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225

Davestr wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:29 am
You can try that for a few weeks and sort this later. No rush is there...............
Exactly this... cars are a huge waste of money
max225

Personally I’d sell the Wette and get a more suitable commuter unless you really want to keep it. Having two cars seems like a pretty :wasteful: undertaking
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I saw a lobster in person today, looks great!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:20 am
Personally I’d sell the Wette and get a more suitable commuter unless you really want to keep it. Having two cars seems like a pretty :wasteful: undertaking
Think he wants to keep it as a fun street and track car.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225

4zilch wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:47 am
max225 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:20 am

Right ... but it seems like money is a factor here.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:52 am
4zilch wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:47 am

It is, he wants a “cheap” fun daily. Griff is also a :scrooge: so I think that’s playing into things a bit.
max225

4zilch wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:03 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:52 am

It is, he wants a “cheap” fun daily. Griff is also a :scrooge: so I think that’s playing into things a bit.
There isn’t anything super expensive about a poorvette. The freeway mpg is near 30, outside of premium and semi pricy tires. But for commuting purposes one can get cheaper sets of tires in stock sizes
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote:
max225 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:20 am Personally I’d sell the Wette and get a more suitable commuter unless you really want to keep it. Having two cars seems like a pretty :wasteful: undertaking
:dat:

I mean, really, even keeping it and adding a $20-25k DD is still around $35k in cars which seems reasonable considering it's the only material thing I really care about at all. I gave it a lot of thought today and I think I need to go ahead with it/two cars. It's going from zero debt to $20k debt, but could pay it all off if I really needed to and the new work is less fun so I may as well enjoy some of the benefit of making more money.

If the BMW checks out I think I'll go ahead with it. I also really like the Veloster, so if the BMW falls through I may grab one. Very different but being so indecisive sometimes I have to let the circumstances drive the decision. I think they'll both be interesting and fun to own.

DDing the Vette would certainly be cheapest, but YOLO.

max225

Welcome to the cross shopping of bmw and fwd shit box club lol, I started a trend