The time has come to join the Placidemic of 2018

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:00 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:19 am Some of the Fits i youtubed yesterday were a hoot to throw around. Great shifter, and with aftermarket suspension and tires could shred canyons. All feedback was raw and real, thats what I like about the car. They have the size and capabilities of older honda civics which are a great base product for bullshitting around with aftermarket JDM bolt ons, but to bring this concept to full fruition it needs a K20 built to 200hp to truly be :megusta: .

I concede that it's a crappy car for highway commuting which is 80% of what I do, so i doubt I'd consider it seriously.
It rides like a dump truck on the stock suspension why make it worse
Well there goes my last hope for a newish, small 90s civic like vehicle with amazing space utilization. I might take one out for a spin just to see for myself.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:00 am @dgriff when you taking derivrery of the rice burner?
Friyay IIRC.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:11 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:00 am @dgriff when you taking derivrery of the rice burner?
Friyay IIRC.
Oh shit freedom fry day :fuckyeah:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

max225 wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:20 pm Also...

Didn’t max equate buying a Hyundai to contracting Ebola?

Why is he upset you didn’t test drive one?

Sent from the Beer Depository
Did I now ? I said that the brand is garbage, because it is.
I may have paraphrased a tad. :lolol:

:therapist:
Johnny_P

Calvinball wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:23 am
max225 wrote:
Did I now ? I said that the brand is garbage, because it is.
I may have paraphrased a tad. :lolol:

It's a little different. Buying a Hyundai would be voluntary. Contracting Ebola I guess could be, but more likely involuntary.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Well... about that...

Just talked to :dillerman:

They haven't yet been able to get the car, so I'm still :notsure: . It now seems possible that they won't be able to get one. Should that happen, I get my $500 back and it's back to the drawing board.

Buying an "enthusiast" car isn't easy, there are none in stock anywhere. With the Fiesta ST none of the :dillerman: understood that I have zero interest in a Fiesta that isn't ST. At least the Honderp people get that the Si is a bit more special and attracts a different buyer. It's too bad the car buying experience has to blow.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:58 am
Well... about that...

They haven't yet been able to get the car, so I'm still :notsure: . It now seems possible that they won't be able to get one. Should that happen, I get my $500 back and it's back to the drawing board.

Buying an "enthusiast" car isn't easy, there are none in stock anywhere. With the Fiesta ST none of the :dillerman: understood that I have zero interest in a Fiesta that isn't ST. At least the Honderp people get that the Si is a bit more special and attracts a different buyer. It's too bad the car buying experience has to blow.
STI was similar. Really any car is like this if you're picky. Even our own :dillerman: tried to obtain a school bus yellow Mini Cooper S and wasn't able to which sent me back to the drawing board.

I ended up driving 2 hours to get my car, lol. I brought up google maps with every subaru dealer in 3 state region, went to their individual websites to check stock, and finally found it up near NYC.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:46 am
dubshow wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:04 pm Awww yeah. Picked fresh! From 2012
ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
:wtf: :dubshow: :wtf:
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
:koolaid:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Well... about that...

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/searc ... =185224950
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:58 am Well... about that...

STI was similar. Really any car is like this if you're picky. Even our own :dillerman: tried to obtain a school bus yellow Mini Cooper S and wasn't able to which sent me back to the drawing board.

I ended up driving 2 hours to get my car, lol. I brought up google maps with every subaru dealer in 3 state region, went to their individual websites to check stock, and finally found it up near NYC.
I just assume that I'll have to travel to get a car. I don't understand why people are so unwilling to do that. It's a $25k thing that you're going to drive for how many hours while you own it, but you can't spend a day going to get it?
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:49 pm
Johnny_P wrote:

I just assume that I'll have to travel to get a car. I don't understand why people are so unwilling to do that. It's a $25k thing that you're going to drive for how many hours while you own it, but you can't spend a day going to get it?
Yeah I didn't mind the drive. GF thought I was nuts. :iono:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:49 pm
Johnny_P wrote:

Remember the arguments I had with the local :dillerman: here, I'll go across town if I save $200 on a car, which apparently is :wrong: even though other people go across town to save $2 on a fill-up or wait in line at costco for 40 min. "Whats another $200, it is like $2 a month" :lol:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

How do you guys drive so many different cars? I cant imagine the dealer just let's people with no intention of buying to go for a spin.

There is a 340 I want to drive here but I don't want to be hassled since I'm not buying for a while
Apex
Drives: Abominable

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:39 pm How do you guys drive so many different cars? I cant imagine the dealer just let's people with no intention of buying to go for a spin.

There is a 340 I want to drive here but I don't want to be hassled since I'm not buying for a while
Richard Orifice goes for many a test drive.

:hue:
Johnny_P

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:39 pm How do you guys drive so many different cars? I cant imagine the dealer just let's people with no intention of buying to go for a spin.

Go in, be honest, and see what happens? They might just throw you the keys.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Yeah, I need to. Like Max says, I need to find the car I think drives nicely instead if reading reviews of what some dickhead thinks. Problem for me is most cars feel the same when you are well within the limits. Ain't getting that on a test drive imo
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

D Griff wrote:
Well... about that...

I forget how long it took to get mine, but they did have to do a diller trade with a place 2-3 hours away.

:therapist:
max225

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Yeah, I need to. Like Max says, I need to find the car I think drives nicely instead if reading reviews of what some dickhead thinks. Problem for me is most cars feel the same when you are well within the limits. Ain't getting that on a test drive imo
At least you're honest about it as opposed to some keyboard warriors claiming one thing is so much better than the other that death is the only solution to making the wrong choice.

Acceleration/road noise/visibility/ergonomics are the true tests during the average test drive. Driving something that you like is key. Which is why I have been so gungho about the Civic, it drove excellent, and it was back to back with my Fake sport. Yes, it was much faster, but around corners etc at "legal" speeds the difference wasn't there.
max225

Helping my friend buy an accord right now... He went in to a Honda dealer, and the sales manager told him to fuck off and come back tomorrow because they are too busy. He couldn't get a test drive. :mindblown:

Such customer service on a 30k product.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Well... about that...

God damn diller doesn't know what a deposit is.
max225

Well... about that...

:rage: :dillerman: garbage. So first you got a BS offer of 5k off, now the car doesn't exist. :wtf: we're not talking a tuna sandwhich here, 25k is not chump change ...
Next up... $300 mudflaps and $250 rain visors are tacked on as "accessories" and "there is nothing we can do about that"
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:20 pm

Helping my friend buy an accord right now... He went in to a Honda dealer, and the sales manager told him to fuck off and come back tomorrow because they are too busy. He couldn't get a test drive. :mindblown:

The higher trims with the sport back look pretty good imo but they push 40k
max225

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:34 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:20 pm

This is the best quote so far.
EX-L 1.5 with a CVT. Comes loaded with everything you need (other than dignity). Leather, all active/passive safety tech. Blah blah.. 30,875 msrp, ~25,988 selling price. ~5k off. :notbad: on a brand new car/model. Because ain't nobody buying sedans.
max225

The new accord is 194" long which is frankly insane. My dad's Chrysler 300 is 198. They are nearly the same size.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:40 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:34 pm

This is the best quote so far.
EX-L 1.5 with a CVT. Comes loaded with everything you need (other than dignity). Leather, all active/passive safety tech. Blah blah.. 30,875 msrp, ~25,988 selling price. ~5k off. :notbad: on a brand new car/model. Because ain't nobody buying sedans.
Yeah that's a lot of value. Wish it had my mazda6s transmission doe.