The time has come to join the Placidemic of 2018

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:58 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:50 pm

:disgust:
Need to get out to OKC, then drive over to you so you can teach me how to actually drive.
Accelerate to 77 mph, engage cruise control, read DFD until you arrive at your destination.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Need to get out to OKC, then drive over to you so you can teach me how to actually drive.
Accelerate to 77 mph, engage cruise control, read DFD until you arrive at your destination.
:notbad: although I hate that your speed isn't divisible by 5. 75 or 80 for me. OCD kicks in when people do shit like that.
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:02 pm Accelerate to 77 mph, engage cruise control, read DFD until you arrive at your destination.
:notbad: although I hate that your speed isn't divisible by 5. 75 or 80 for me. OCD kicks in when people do shit like that.
:narc: will get you for 80 but not 77 :doe:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:31 pm
SAWCE wrote:
:narc: will get you for 80 but not 77 :doe:
I also drive a brick on wheels doe, so I usually just post up at 65 and cruise at the speedlimit, unless it's 70, then I do that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:39 pm Drove the Kamry to work today. I'm still awaiting plates but taxes are paid, it's insured, etc. Whatever.

It's just night and day difference in comfort. It's the German Cocoon of Luxury that I'd hoped for for commuting. Power is pretty good, I love the interior, love the looks. I even got a compliment from a dudebro M3 driver at a gas station this morning whilst filling it with donkey piss 87 for $2.49/gallon. It's raining and shitty here so I really haven't tried out handling at all.

The only :wtf: thing so far is that it doesn't have BT audio streaming. :wat: I guess I'll just USB connect and leave it in the console, as you can mirror the phone screen for maps supposedly.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Why do you hate power bro?
:aintcare:

$2.49 versus $3.19 and it's commuting. I'll probably calculate MPGees with both, do some WOT for :science: and then decide which to go with.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Why do you hate power bro?
:aintcare:

$2.49 versus $3.19 and it's commuting. I'll probably calculate MPGees with both, do some WOT for :science: and then decide which to go with.
Do you run the WETTE on 87?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:16 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:39 pm Drove the Kamry to work today. I'm still awaiting plates but taxes are paid, it's insured, etc. Whatever.

It's just night and day difference in comfort. It's the German Cocoon of Luxury that I'd hoped for for commuting. Power is pretty good, I love the interior, love the looks. I even got a compliment from a dudebro M3 driver at a gas station this morning whilst filling it with donkey piss 87 for $2.49/gallon. It's raining and shitty here so I really haven't tried out handling at all.

The only :wtf: thing so far is that it doesn't have BT audio streaming. :wat: I guess I'll just USB connect and leave it in the console, as you can mirror the phone screen for maps supposedly.

Never had a F30 without it, and I have driven 5... :notsure: Also never seen the phone screen mirrored?

Why the FK are you filling up with 87 :(
Mine's pov-spec with tech. I read about screen mirroring online on some Bimmer forums, it's supposedly a thing, haven't tried yet. I'll mess around with it more this weekend or maybe tomorrow morning.

But the BT streaming def isn't a thing...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Don’t forget to bring a roadie
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

So the tech in this thing is the weakest. No BT streaming, can't stream music from Slacker Radio on my Pixel via USB either. I need to do some research to figure out a decent solution.

Otherwise really enjoying it. The seats are fantastic for DD, very comfy and yet still some grip. The amount of adjustability is awesome.

Even with donkey piss the engine is pretty strong.

Being used to the C5, it's version numb feeling in some areas, mostly throttle response, but I haven't been able to figure out how to take it out of comfort mode yet, hopefully that'll improve the throttle.

The shifter and clutch feel good and are very easy to use.

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:15 pm So the tech in this thing is the weakest. No BT streaming, can't stream music from Slacker Radio on my Pixel via USB either. I need to do some research to figure out a decent solution.

Otherwise really enjoying it. The seats are fantastic for DD, very comfy and yet still some grip. The amount of adjustability is awesome.

Being used to the C5, it's version numb feeling in some areas, mostly throttle response, but I haven't been able to figure out how to take it out of comfort mode yet, hopefully that'll improve the throttle.

Poverty spec has some downsides. But there are ways out
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:15 pm So the tech in this thing is the weakest. No BT streaming, can't stream music from Slacker Radio on my Pixel via USB either. I need to do some research to figure out a decent solution.

Pretty sure there's a usb port in center console storage and plug your phone in. Can only speak for that for the 535i.
Sport mode helps with throttle response significantly, it's sport+ that you should worry about if you want to live dangerously, like auto TC off. But transmission programming is kinda trying a little too hard.

The infotainment is pretty complicated to use for a first few, but once you figure it out, it's :notbad: , still takes a little while at times, and also found it quite irritating.

Edit: also try looking at the glove compartment for usb.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

Aux port? Could slum it until you get a chance to do hours of forum research on how to correct the wrongs of retard factory engineers. To engage full bro isn't there a sport/comfort/eco rocker next to the :dedong: ?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Really is ridiculous from BMW. Pay 60k for a car and still get nickled and dimed for shit like blind spot monitoring and decent seats and BT.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:08 am Really is ridiculous from BMW. Pay 60k for a car and still get nickled and dimed for shit like blind spot monitoring and decent seats and BT.
That's every luxury brand.

And that's why I like Mazda. Premium nice at plebeian price.
That is a great slogan.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

I like being able to get a base car that's actually base - and then choose only the options that I value. :iono:

Don't make me get 20" :ramz: and vinyl seats and a giant sunroof if I want the higher quality stereo, for example...
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:44 am I like being able to get a base car that's actually base - and then choose only the options that I value. :iono:

Don't make me get 20" :ramz: and vinyl seats and a giant sunroof if I want the higher quality stereo, for example...
What about power window and lock? Defrosters? Ac? Radio?

Luxury car should come with basic things. BT is not some styling or obscure option .

I get what you're saying but some things should just be included. BT is one of those things
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Don’t forget to bring a roadie
;dat:
Johnny_P

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:53 am
troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:44 am I like being able to get a base car that's actually base - and then choose only the options that I value. :iono:

What about power window and lock? Defrosters? Ac? Radio?

Luxury car should come with basic things. BT is not some styling or obscure option .

I get what you're saying but some things should just be included. BT is one of those things
BMW option packages and base features are usually pretty whack.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:19 pm
dubshow wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:18 pm

:dat:
Dat road soda doe.
:fancy: :stig:
troyguitar

Dat road soda doe.
Ohhh, I didn't understand the reference. Must be a biker gang thing? A roadie to me is a guy who goes on tour with a band to deal with equipment.

Isn't being able to ride while :drunk: the only reason to go mountain biking or off-roading in general? :stig: indeed.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Dat road soda doe.
:DAT: FIX :DOE:

:trollface:

Im already :drunk:
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:35 pm

Dat road soda doe.
Ohhh, I didn't understand the reference. Must be a biker gang thing? A roadie to me is a guy who goes on tour with a band to deal with equipment.

Isn't being able to ride while :drunk: the only reason to go mountain biking or off-roading in general? :stig: indeed.
That is quite a bit of fun, yes.

I was referring to a C- with a straw in the cupholder.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:48 pm

I had this issue with the z4, my workaround is a USB powered bt receiver with an aux out that you just leave in the car.
this is the :scrooge: crack rock you seek griff.... plug this into the glovebox or center console usb and run cable to the the aux in. Hidden and tidy

https://www.amazon.com/receiver-Bluetoo ... er+aux+out
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:02 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:48 pm

I had this issue with the z4, my workaround is a USB powered bt receiver with an aux out that you just leave in the car.
this is the :scrooge: crack rock you seek griff.... plug this into the glovebox or center console usb and run cable to the the aux in. Hidden and tidy

How is the sound quality?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:02 pm this is the :scrooge: crack rock you seek griff.... plug this into the glovebox or center console usb and run cable to the the aux in. Hidden and tidy

How is the sound quality?
Brad wouldn't know sound quality if it came up and bit him on the face.