Car History

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 am Oh man, let's see...

1995 GMC Sonoma Highrigher ( :manuel: )
1978 AMC Pacer
1999 Pontiac Grand Am
1998 Taurus SHO
2006 Scion tC
1980 Jeep CJ7
2009 VW GTI
1988 Porsche 944 Turbo
1995 Jeep Cherokee
2012 Jeep Wrangler
1991 BMW 318is
2012 VW GTI
1992 Chevy K1500
2014 Cadillac ATS
2003 Chevy Corvette
2016 Chevy Silverado
2016 Chevy Volt
2017 Chevy Colorado

I'm sure there's more in there that I'm forgetting too...
You forgot ze Vulva 240 :lolol:

Never knew you had an SHO, I :member: always wishing my shitty Taurus was one.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:45 am
wap wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:26 pm

:poorvette:
:meata:
:turboyaris:
:minivan:
:truk:
Pick one.
Nah, it's more evolutionary... originally everyone agreed on :turboyaris: but now they're understeering, unreliable Oktoberfest shitboxes.

We then came to the :poorvette: phase, "OMG BEST CAR EVAAARRR, SO MUCH PERFORMANCE FOR MONEY" but now everyone seems open to acknowledge the shortcomings such as anus-shattering ride, scraping everywhere, and hideous interior.

Phase three is :truk: or :wrong: :gtfo: because America is the shittiest country on earth.
That was pretty much my thought on my gti ownership, sometimes i hated it, sometimes i love it :lol: honestly if i can justify to :plac: and willing to have endless car debt, that gti would have been long gone.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:15 am

Nah, it's more evolutionary... originally everyone agreed on :turboyaris: but now they're understeering, unreliable Oktoberfest shitboxes.

We then came to the :poorvette: phase, "OMG BEST CAR EVAAARRR, SO MUCH PERFORMANCE FOR MONEY" but now everyone seems open to acknowledge the shortcomings such as anus-shattering ride, scraping everywhere, and hideous interior.

Phase three is :truk: or :wrong: :gtfo: because America is the shittiest country on earth.
That was pretty much my thought on my gti ownership, sometimes i hated it, sometimes i love it :lol: honestly if i can justify to :plac: and willing to have endless car debt, that gti would have been long gone.
:yeahok:

I think you will be spoiled by the superior interior and shape of egg for parking especially in DMV area. :csb: try that in a :mahtroy: scat pack
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

A dark blue Charger with the 392 and exhaust ripped around a corner set of lights i was sitting at. It sounded really :jimp:
I think it's a good blend of practicality and American muscle. It's a car I'd be happy driving daily.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:23 am

:yeahok:

I think you will be spoiled by the superior interior and shape of egg for parking especially in DMV area. :csb: try that in a :mahtroy: scat pack
I am actually spoiled with the GTI. :lol: it will be hard for me to adapt when I move onto any different car within it's price range/class.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:20 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Fubared headgasket and all. :impressive:

Car "enthusiats" are a strange breed. On one hand "we" hunt for cheap ass cars at 1/10th of their original value on the other hand some pay over sticker for vehicles where you can save 10k by simply waiting for the frenzy to subside.
Must have best car NAOW

Damn I didn't realize that's how the MTB craze started with Fled.
:impressive: , most :impressive:
I kept it quiet because I really didn't tell the wife it happened. I didn't want to keep the car anyway (because $43k Ford Focus). It's what paid for her bike and rebuilding the BMC in the end.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:33 am

A dark blue Charger with the 392 and exhaust ripped around a corner set of lights i was sitting at. It sounded really :jimp:
I think it's a good blend of practicality and American muscle. It's a car I'd be happy driving daily.
and not save up money for college for my children while on my last bag of peas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:33 am

At this point probably. I've stretched my finances as thin as i ever should to come up with a downpayment on something, and only have a 7-8k left on the Gorf. I keep that thing until 2023 minimum.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:07 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Must have best car NAOW

Damn I didn't realize that's how the MTB craze started with Fled.
:impressive: , most :impressive:
I kept it quiet because I really didn't tell the wife it happened. I didn't want to keep the car anyway (because $43k Ford Focus). It's what paid for her bike and rebuilding the BMC in the end.
The ginger thanks you for rebuilding the BMC then offing it.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:19 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 am

At this point probably. I've stretched my finances as thin as i ever should to come up with a downpayment on something, and only have a 7-8k left on the Gorf. I keep that thing until 2023 minimum.
Thats still longer than :plac: ever kept a car. My mk7 is reaching its 4 years anniversary
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:25 am
fledonfoot wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:07 am

The ginger thanks you for rebuilding the BMC then offing it.
:hubba:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:43 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:19 am

Thats still longer than :plac: ever kept a car. My mk7 is reaching its 4 years anniversary
:notbad: , 4 yrs and it's been pretty reliable so far. It's a good car man, you going to keep it for a few more yrs?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:38 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:43 am

:notbad: , 4 yrs and it's been pretty reliable so far. It's a good car man, you going to keep it for a few more yrs?
Reliable :lol: it actually stranded me once, but since then no. Just waterpump and lower part of fuel pressure that causes to crank like 5 seconds.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=390&start=25

At least couple more years I plan on keeping this car, my payoff is due just over a year, so I rather go with one year with no car payments that I haven't had since 20 :lol: I know one expense I may run into which is the DSG service, I will ask for estimate from local stealers and GayPR tuner shops ahead of time (learned my lesson previously), or perhaps do it myself.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:04 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 am Oh man, let's see...

1995 GMC Sonoma Highrigher ( :manuel: )
1978 AMC Pacer
1999 Pontiac Grand Am
1998 Taurus SHO
2006 Scion tC
1980 Jeep CJ7
2009 VW GTI
1988 Porsche 944 Turbo
1995 Jeep Cherokee
2012 Jeep Wrangler
1991 BMW 318is
2012 VW GTI
1992 Chevy K1500
2014 Cadillac ATS
2003 Chevy Corvette
2016 Chevy Silverado
2016 Chevy Volt
2017 Chevy Colorado

I'm sure there's more in there that I'm forgetting too...

Oh yea!

The SHO was my only Ferd, and it was a POS. Helped my GF at the time buy it (because her dad wanted her to have something "safe"), but she ended up hating it so I got it.

The interior was epically bad, and the rattles/buzzes were horrible. Also, the cams on the Yamaha V8 had pressed-on timing gears, which were known to slip, which was :nuke: engine. I had to find a dude to TIG weld the cams to the gears. What a pile.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

My stable is *FINGERS CROSSED* about to be minus 1 plus 1. Let's hope things go through.
Apex

Acid666 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:07 pm My stable is *FINGERS CROSSED* about to be minus 1 plus 1. Let's hope things go through.
VRod for a :meata: ?
Acid666

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:19 pm
Acid666 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:07 pm My stable is *FINGERS CROSSED* about to be minus 1 plus 1. Let's hope things go through.
BINGO.
Bending over backwards to get the kid pumped. He's an hour away on a work call and can't come till weekend after next... But his friend stopped by yesterday and checked it out. Shot the shit with him for 3 hours. Showed him all kinds of other shit I'd throw in (saddlebags, windshield visor, etc).
He's wanting it and just waiting to get free to come by. Seems like it's gonna work out, but you never know until it's done.

I've got a couple of local Miatas in mind, but I don't wanna talk to them until I've got cash in hand. One's asking too much and not selling with the hard top, which I want... so we'll see what happens there.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:59 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:04 am

Oh yea!

The SHO was my only Ferd, and it was a POS. Helped my GF at the time buy it (because her dad wanted her to have something "safe"), but she ended up hating it so I got it.

The interior was epically bad, and the rattles/buzzes were horrible. Also, the cams on the Yamaha V8 had pressed-on timing gears, which were known to slip, which was :nuke: engine. I had to find a dude to TIG weld the cams to the gears. What a pile.
Last time i saw a sho, it was falling apart that looked like it spent a lot of time in philly and some redneck with west va plates driving it
Apex

Acid666 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 pm

BINGO.
Bending over backwards to get the kid pumped. He's an hour away on a work call and can't come till weekend after next... But his friend stopped by yesterday and checked it out. Shot the shit with him for 3 hours. Showed him all kinds of other shit I'd throw in (saddlebags, windshield visor, etc).
He's wanting it and just waiting to get free to come by. Seems like it's gonna work out, but you never know until it's done.

I've got a couple of local Miatas in mind, but I don't wanna talk to them until I've got cash in hand. One's asking too much and not selling with the hard top, which I want... so we'll see what happens there.
:fuckyeah: Sounds like a solid plan! Hope it all works out for ya.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Acid666 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 pm

BINGO.

:plac:
Acid666

This is the one in question. I think it's worth about $2,500-3K stock, but he's got a lot of parts in it. Enough to put that car into SSM. Of course I'm gonna start out low and work my way up to about $3,500 max. But 4.5K without the hard top? You're out of your mind. $4K WITH it would work for me.

https://batonrouge.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 06548.html

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Acid666 wrote:This is the one in question. I think it's worth about $2,500-3K stock, but he's got a lot of parts in it. Enough to put that car into SSM. Of course I'm gonna start out low and work my way up to about $3,500 max. But 4.5K without the hard top? You're out of your mind. $4K WITH it would work for me.

Can't tell what it's worth without details, could be great or terrible. What do you actually want out of a miata, anyway? Fun street car, competitive PAX car, trackdaybro, or just going for FTD raw?
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:44 pm
Acid666 wrote:This is the one in question. I think it's worth about $2,500-3K stock, but he's got a lot of parts in it. Enough to put that car into SSM. Of course I'm gonna start out low and work my way up to about $3,500 max. But 4.5K without the hard top? You're out of your mind. $4K WITH it would work for me.

Can't tell what it's worth without details, could be great or terrible. What do you actually want out of a miata, anyway? Fun street car, competitive PAX car, trackdaybro, or just going for FTD raw?
I'm looking for a 2nd car for the wife so she doesn't double up the runs on my :waxer: :burnout: on the Vette.
I plan on bumping it up to be competitive, but letting her do her own thing with it. Once she realized she could get a custom license plate that says "MEOWTA", she hasn't stopped talking about it (remember the wife is a vet tech and we're cat people).
Also looking for a fun car for me to tinker with on the side, and give her something to get her hands dirty on.
Eventually I may run hoosiers on it and possibly trailer it to events. I'm thinking maybe 1 event per month on my Z, and her solo driving her car at the same event + 1 other event that same month with us both co-driving, since tires are cheap. But if I can get her off of my new 315 rivals, it'll make them last longer.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Fucking cats.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:05 pm Fucking cats.
Beats needing a :truk: because of a fucking :doge: