The Miata thread: Miata is Always the Answer

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

4zilch wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:52 am This looks like literally every city in North America.
Looks positively mint compared to some of the examples I could find around Indianapolis.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

coogles wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:28 am
4zilch wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:52 am This looks like literally every city in North America.
Looks positively mint compared to some of the examples I could find around Indianapolis.
:dat:

The lower income hoods in particular are pretty horrendous.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:25 am And then we've got Detroit:

We get those too Image
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:25 am And then we've got Detroit:

Jeep would have been just fine here...

Not
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:07 am Image

Of course fake news as always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh wow they asphalt ramp the transition? Such luxury very wow. We get orange spray paint here, no ramp just a square edge you get to ram into.
max225

Yea loose asphalt that sticks to your 1/4 panels, hurls rocks all over your suspension/brakes and gets stuck between rotors/brake dust shields. Immense luxury
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:29 am Oh wow they asphalt ramp the transition? Such luxury very wow. We get orange spray paint here, no ramp just a square edge you get to ram into.
You get orange spray paint? They just leave a 90* edge here and you'd better see it on your own, bitch.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:40 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:29 am Oh wow they asphalt ramp the transition? Such luxury very wow. We get orange spray paint here, no ramp just a square edge you get to ram into.
You get orange spray paint? They just leave a 90* edge here and you'd better see it on your own, bitch.
:impressive: yeah the orange spray paint is :notbad: you're less likely to slash a tire on a manhole protruding 2-6" above the cheese grater surface.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:35 am Yea loose asphalt that sticks to your 1/4 panels, hurls rocks all over your suspension/brakes and gets stuck between rotors/brake dust shields. Immense luxury
:megusta:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Your tax dollars at work.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:44 am

Your tax dollars are a new sign that says Rough Road :(
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:44 am :dat:

MAGA

Roads are for poor people. Real muricans use jets and choppers.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:14 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
MAGA

Lolita express y'all :yikes:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Same here.

Worse is when they re-do roads and let traffic drive on them before complete with the manhole covers sticking up 6"+.

I was driving the :poorvette: down a road under construction the other day and suddenly saw a manhole sticking up. I slammed on the brakes to nearly a dead stop and cut into the oncomming lane to avoid it. It was absolutely high enough to hit the cross member...which would have smashed the oil pan likely totaling the car. I drove in the oncomming traffic lane until I could dart into a neighborhood street to find another route.

Unbelievable.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:14 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
MAGA

Who needs roads when you have :truk:
troyguitar

4zilch wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:22 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:14 pm MAGA

Bring on the global warming.

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:26 pm

:woodplow:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Ford FTW!
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Ford FTW!
:disgust: :hellno:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:49 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Ford FTW!
:disgust: :hellno:
:hue:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Same here.

Worse is when they re-do roads and let traffic drive on them before complete with the manhole covers sticking up 6"+.

I was driving the :poorvette: down a road under construction the other day and suddenly saw a manhole sticking up. I slammed on the brakes to nearly a dead stop and cut into the oncomming lane to avoid it. It was absolutely high enough to hit the cross member...which would have smashed the oil pan likely totaling the car. I drove in the oncomming traffic lane until I could dart into a neighborhood street to find another route.

Unbelievable.
My car actually clears those :notbad: :stig:

They tore up 11th street where I live. It's a cheese grater with orange shit sticking up randomly. The ride quality is definitely improved from how it used to be. That's pathetic.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Same here.

Unbelievable.
Back when I was 18, I was driving at night on a road like that. I didn't see the manhole sticking up until it was too late and nailed my passenger wheel with it. Completely trashed the wheel.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:27 am
Same here.

Unbelievable.
Back when I was 18, I was driving at night on a road like that. I didn't see the manhole sticking up until it was too late and nailed my passenger wheel with it. Completely trashed the wheel.
Oh yea...those things will take out anything even on 17" wheels. They're horrific.

I can't be mad, the roads really need to be fixed. I just wish they'd warn about manhole covers sticking up at the beginning of a road or something. Even just a caution sign. Not all roads under construction have this issue, but I've been avoiding them just in case...which is tough because EVERY road on my commute route has construction. I'm on my 4th route this summer and I just saw construction barrels brought to the sides today, indicating construction to start soon.

I've been DDing the :poorvette: but it's really starting to put an :eeyore: on that.
Johnny_P

Car looks good in colors. I like colors. Too bad there aren't more colors.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:44 pm Car looks good in colors. I like colors. Too bad there aren't more colors.

Especially whorange.