Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:18 am Falken WildPeak MT review from a friend I met up with last night. They are abysmal in the wet and snow. My friend was coming down a hill in the wet and his :truk: went sideways. If there was anyone coming up the hill it would have been bad.

Definitely crossing these off the list as a potential tar for the future. WildPeak AT's FTW.
MTs are usually not the best in the wet. ATs are where it's at. I'm :impressive: with the duratracs on the ZR2.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:24 am
Apex wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:18 am Falken WildPeak MT review from a friend I met up with last night. They are abysmal in the wet and snow. My friend was coming down a hill in the wet and his :truk: went sideways. If there was anyone coming up the hill it would have been bad.

Definitely crossing these off the list as a potential tar for the future. WildPeak AT's FTW.
MTs are usually not the best in the wet. ATs are where it's at. I'm :impressive: with the duratracs on the ZR2.
I was hopeful with the WildPeak MTs due to the siping they have. That was :wrong: and I'll be sticking with the AT range for both :truk: and :jeep:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Devilchrono wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:07 am
Apex wrote:Image

Rear facing in a Colorado is impossible. Wifey is 5’6” and she can still move the front seat up another inch or two. Also in the pic is a McLaren Triumph umbrella stroller, diaper backpack, along with my truk bag and small air compressor. RuffWear Dirtbag seat cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife is 5’ 3” and he just started in the rear facing convertible seat. Lifting him in and out is a little tight for headspace but perfectly doable. She actually gained some space to move the seat back now because of the new car seat. Will still be better once he’s forward facing though.

Thanks for the pic. We have 2 of the Chicco nextfit which is similar to what you have. Fucking enormous. Wife is 5'8 but when we go anywhere all together we take the van so having the rear facing on that side should be ok.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:42 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:07 am

Wife is 5’ 3” and he just started in the rear facing convertible seat. Lifting him in and out is a little tight for headspace but perfectly doable. She actually gained some space to move the seat back now because of the new car seat. Will still be better once he’s forward facing though.

Thanks for the pic. We have 2 of the Chicco nextfit which is similar to what you have. Fucking enormous. Wife is 5'8 but when we go anywhere all together we take the van so having the rear facing on that side should be ok.
No problem man. That's also in the most upright sitting position as well, and he loves it. Doing that gave us plenty of room back for the wife, and I can still fit someone behind my seat without issue (6' with a 34 inseam). For being only a year, he loves looking out the window and seeing what's going on around him; the fact he is pointing at things and babbling more is hilarious on our trips to daycare. After our road trip to Colorado in my mother in laws car, I've taken to sitting a little closer to the steering wheel too, which freed up almost 2 inches of space behind the drivers seat.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Waiting on an insurance quote. Currently paying about 400 every 6 months.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:11 pm Currently shopping for a rate....3.99 lowest so far

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing
I'm smitten by this truck in green.... This ones too far away being in Utah but it's the exact one I'd spec new. I'd maybe remove the bars in the bed or at least the plate between the bars which looks to be possible
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Ala

ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:14 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:11 pm Currently shopping for a rate....3.99 lowest so far

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing
I'm smitten by this truck in green.... This ones too far away being in Utah but it's the exact one I'd spec new. I'd maybe remove the bars in the bed or at least the plate between the bars which looks to be possible
You'll have to buy used. We stopped producing that color for MY19 an on.

Lots of people :| by that.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:12 pm Waiting on an insurance quote. Currently paying about 400 every 6 months.
Wow, that's cheap.I pretty much pay that for the :poorvette:

Must be way safer out in Grand Rapids.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:22 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Why are they disappointed? Looks great in pics.

As far as insurance, it was double that with liberty mutual. Switched to progressive in June.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:22 pm

As far as insurance, it was double that with liberty mutual. Switched to progressive in June.
AHHHHH Progressive. Before I get into that...

People are disappointed because we stopped producing the color. It was super popular.

Progressive...

I just switched from Progressive after being with the company for 4 years. It all started when the wife was rear ended in the Volt earlier this year. She was deemed 100% not at fault, and I took the car to some body shops to get estimates. Every one I went to said I was screwed with Progressive. Hearing stories about adjusters forcing shops to use used parts, giving the run around on covering repairs, to flat our denying some repairs. The last shop told me that my best hope for a decent repair was to take it to the Progressive owned repair shop. Little did I know that trying to make an appointment to have the car looked at (trying to determine out of pocket costs), they started a claim. No big deal right? I took the car there, the dude told me that I didn't have an appointment when I did, took a glance at the car and told me that I'd be screwed if I got it repaired there with increased rates, and that I'd be better off fixing it myself or going somewhere else.

Fine. Defeated, I ended up using my employee discount at a local dealer and buying the parts to fix the car myself. I brought the bumper cover to a paint shop and had them shoot it for $300.

Car fixed fine.

Then my renewal came.

My overall (for all cars) premium was increased by 50%. This was after years of renewals with minimal change. I called them, and they said I had a claim on my record. I asked them what the claim paid, and they told me "it was closed with $0 paid". I asked why that meant my premium would increase and they said "because of the claim".

The fact that I filed a claim AT ALL jacked my rates by 50%. After doing my research, this is common practice with them. They're a great way to save money and satisfy the state requirement for insurance, but you better hope you don't ever need to use it. If I were you, I'd jack the deductible sky high and pay as little as possible, and ride it out until you have to use the insurance and drop it after.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:46 pm

People are disappointed because we stopped producing the color. It was super popular.

Progressive...

I just switched from Progressive after being with the company for 4 years. It all started when the wife was rear ended in the Volt earlier this year. She was deemed 100% not at fault, and I took the car to some body shops to get estimates. Every one I went to said I was screwed with Progressive. Hearing stories about adjusters forcing shops to use used parts, giving the run around on covering repairs, to flat our denying some repairs. The last shop told me that my best hope for a decent repair was to take it to the Progressive owned repair shop. Little did I know that trying to make an appointment to have the car looked at (trying to determine out of pocket costs), they started a claim. No big deal right? I took the car there, the dude told me that I didn't have an appointment when I did, took a glance at the car and told me that I'd be screwed if I got it repaired there with increased rates, and that I'd be better off fixing it myself or going somewhere else.

Fine. Defeated, I ended up using my employee discount at a local dealer and buying the parts to fix the car myself. I brought the bumper cover to a paint shop and had them shoot it for $300.

Car fixed fine.

Then my renewal came.

My overall (for all cars) premium was increased by 50%. This was after years of renewals with minimal change. I called them, and they said I had a claim on my record. I asked them what the claim paid, and they told me "it was closed with $0 paid". I asked why that meant my premium would increase and they said "because of the claim".

The fact that I filed a claim AT ALL jacked my rates by 50%. After doing my research, this is common practice with them. They're a great way to save money and satisfy the state requirement for insurance, but you better hope you don't ever need to use it. If I were you, I'd jack the deductible sky high and pay as little as possible, and ride it out until you have to use the insurance and drop it after.
Holy fuck. :nope:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Progressive...

Car fixed fine.

Then my renewal came.

Holy fuck. :nope:
Get what you pay for.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Progressive...

Car fixed fine.

Then my renewal came.

Wow. Great insight. I knew something was up. Too good to be true price.

To be fair, my expectations aren't that high with an insurance company. I expect a fight if I need to use it. We keep our deductible higher and plan on paying out of pocket for most things. Luckily we haven't needed it in years.

Seems like gov race has car insurance as an issue. But I'm new here that may be the ruse every 4 years
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Progressive...

Car fixed fine.

Then my renewal came.

Wow. Great insight. I knew something was up. Too good to be true price.

To be fair, my expectations aren't that high with an insurance company. I expect a fight if I need to use it. We keep our deductible higher and plan on paying out of pocket for most things. Luckily we haven't needed it in years.

Seems like gov race has car insurance as an issue. But I'm new here that may be the ruse every 4 years
That was my approach too. I had low expectations, and got what I expected. I had 4 years of really low premiums, so it was still worth it in the end.

If you do get in a crash and plan to pay out of pocket, make sure Progressive has no idea. Just be warned that you may need to consider fixing things yourself after the horror stories body shops were telling me. I don't want used or knock-off parts on my car.

Car insurance is a disaster in this state. Everyone whines, but nothing is done. Problem is, the insurance lobbyists are strong and make the politicians drag their feet. This whole no-fault thing is such a scam, but there's no incentive for anyone to fix it, in fact there's the opposite.

The mayor (yes the MAYOR) of Detroit recently sued the state claiming no fault is unconstitutional because according to the law, insurance needs to be offered at "fair and equitable" prices. In the city of Detroit, premiums can be more than $1k/MONTH, which obviously isn't "fair and equitable" considering that most people in the city are below the poverty line. That lawsuit is still working through the "system", but it's our best chance at insurance reform unfortunately.

Don't vote for a candidate based on their stance on insurance because none of them will do anything about it.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:11 pm More here:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/2018/ ... 071905002/
With so many people against the law, makes since that the only reason it's still in place is lobbyist
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:48 pm Also, the Bison trans skid is interesting.

Interesting...
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:46 pm
Apex wrote:
I was hopeful with the WildPeak MTs due to the siping they have. That was :wrong: and I'll be sticking with the AT range for both :truk: and :jeep:

I think it comes down to compound.

The AT3W has a high silica compound that helps in the wet.

I’ve been very very impressed with these in wet conditions.
I have nothing but love for the previous generation WildPeak AT. It really is the tire that I should go with when I want to change them out. It's going to come down to what size to I want to run with the Zone level.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:09 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Interesting...
Also note the transfer/fuel tank skid, and rear diff skid. :impressive:
They are all on my :jesus: time wishlist. :lol:
Along with the rear bumper, but I want to check one of them out in person first.

Dat undercarriage is built to take a pounding.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

How much more is that expected to cost over a base ZR2?
ChrisoftheNorth

The t-case skid is a work of art. Massive thing that's :impressive: that it's hot stamped.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:40 pm The t-case skid is a work of art. Massive thing that's :impressive: that it's hot stamped.
And you say it won't directly bolt on?
What? Really? :sad:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Apex wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:10 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Also note the transfer/fuel tank skid, and rear diff skid. :impressive:
Dat undercarriage is built to take a pounding.
We've all been there.. amirite?

:hubba:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:10 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:59 pm

And you say it won't directly bolt on?
What? Really? :sad:
Not on a non-ZR2. Supposedly the frame has different mounting points. At least that's what the engineers told me.