Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:47 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:45 pm

Dang...
:dat:

So many mixed emotions from me. I'm glad I'm not there anymore, and I think it's really sad the direction the company is going, but then reading this stuff about how great the ZR2 and Bison in particular are...both of which were my "babies"...makes me both proud and still a touch nostalgic (I think that's the word I'm looking for) at the same time.
I can imagine the odd feelings you have, with being so close to the ZR2/Bison platforms, when you read reviews like that and your current baby not getting the love it deserves. The JT gets plenty of love and it is insanely capable, it's just too long.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:47 pm
:dat:

So many mixed emotions from me. I'm glad I'm not there anymore, and I think it's really sad the direction the company is going, but then reading this stuff about how great the ZR2 and Bison in particular are...both of which were my "babies"...makes me both proud and still a touch nostalgic (I think that's the word I'm looking for) at the same time.
I can imagine the odd feelings you have, with being so close to the ZR2/Bison platforms, when you read reviews like that and your current baby not getting the love it deserves. The JT gets plenty of love and it is insanely capable, it's just too long.
Yea...and I can't disagree with the too long comments.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

So with the new jerb coming up, I've been playing around with some different options and I think it is going to be best to just buy the Z71 out. Now the "issue" is that I want to get it up on some 33's, but I'm not sure on how to get there. I did shoot an inquiry out to a local shop (Krazy House Customs, they do a ton of Raptor work) for an install quote on the Zone/BDS lifts since those require some cutting and welding.

I don't think I want to run one of the coil-over options jacked up to the 3 inch mark, I hear some horror stories of them run that high.

I feel like a 4" kit would be ideal, but the only game in that town is RC and the bottom mounted strut spacers don't give me the best feeling in the world.

#firstworldproblems
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:12 am So with the new jerb coming up, I've been playing around with some different options and I think it is going to be best to just buy the Z71 out. Now the "issue" is that I want to get it up on some 33's, but I'm not sure on how to get there. I did shoot an inquiry out to a local shop (Krazy House Customs, they do a ton of Raptor work) for an install quote on the Zone/BDS lifts since those require some cutting and welding.

I don't think I want to run one of the coil-over options jacked up to the 3 inch mark, I hear some horror stories of them run that high.

I feel like a 4" kit would be ideal, but the only game in that town is RC and the bottom mounted strut spacers don't give me the best feeling in the world.

#firstworldproblems
You need to seriously consider if it's worth it all on a Z71 when you could pick up a used ZR2 for not a lot more. 33s on a ZR2 are wayyy simpler. Plus you get lockers and the magic shocks.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:59 am
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:12 am So with the new jerb coming up, I've been playing around with some different options and I think it is going to be best to just buy the Z71 out. Now the "issue" is that I want to get it up on some 33's, but I'm not sure on how to get there. I did shoot an inquiry out to a local shop (Krazy House Customs, they do a ton of Raptor work) for an install quote on the Zone/BDS lifts since those require some cutting and welding.

#firstworldproblems
You need to seriously consider if it's worth it all on a Z71 when you could pick up a used ZR2 for not a lot more. 33s on a ZR2 are wayyy simpler. Plus you get lockers and the magic shocks.
This is not out of the question either. I’ve been doing some :math: and a used ZR2 might not be the wrong choice.

33s on a ZR2 are way simpler.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:43 am
This is not out of the question either. I’ve been doing some :math: and a used ZR2 might not be the wrong choice.

Leveling pucks some MINOR trimming and done. WAY better than dealing with all the lifting and whatnot on a Z71.

My truck after 2 years and 20k miles is "worth" $32k (buyout). That seems to be what these things are going for...that's a hell of a value IMO.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:45 am

Leveling pucks some MINOR trimming and done. WAY better than dealing with all the lifting and whatnot on a Z71.

My truck after 2 years and 20k miles is "worth" $32k (buyout). That seems to be what these things are going for...that's a hell of a value IMO.
Yeah that’s :notbad: at all.

Or I stick with the Z71, level it, and run 32s with a bunch of skids. :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:45 am

That's the :scrooge: method and for your intended use, likely ample. That's the way I'd suggest.

Just don't go :fullretard: on crazy lifts and whatnot. Better to spent that money toward a better starting point.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:15 pm
Apex wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:57 pm

That's the :scrooge: method and for your intended use, likely ample. That's the way I'd suggest.

Just don't go :fullretard: on crazy lifts and whatnot. Better to spent that money toward a better starting point.
Some days we just need to have :fullretard: thoughts. :lol:

I should get the level on sooner rather than later and pick up that AEV t-case skid and go have some fun.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:15 pm

Some days we just need to have :fullretard: thoughts. :lol:

I should get the level on sooner rather than later and pick up that AEV t-case skid and go have some fun.
That's all you need!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Option 1: you become the mod father :plac:
Option 2: you :plac:
:plac:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:24 pm I will say the Z71 Coloradoe is plenty capable in stock form.

I'd wheel what you've got and if you find yourself limited, then go for the :plac: move.
Agreed
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:24 pm I will say the Z71 Coloradoe is plenty capable in stock form.

I'd wheel what you've got and if you find yourself limited, then go for the :plac: move.
It is quite capable. I’ll do the couple little things, like the level because I have it already; and the skid since that will be a 5/7 addition over the stock t-case “skid.” And then we’ll go play in the woods more.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:37 pm

It is quite capable. I’ll do the couple little things, like the level because I have it already; and the skid since that will be a 5/7 addition over the stock t-case “skid.” And then we’ll go play in the woods more.
That stock t-case "skid" is an embarrassment. Moran engineers claim it's fine, but I've done some wheeling where the skid was pushing into the t-case over rocks...made me feel super uneasy. The AEV piece is a work of art and worth every penny.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

Scheduled a service visit again after stopping by the dealer to show them the DIC screen crashing yet again, they stated GM has told them if the programming update was done and the issue persists, they "have no fix for the issue" :dafuq:

I don't think they ever will, considering it appears the 2019s got an entirely new OS design on the MyLink :dislike:
ChrisoftheNorth

3rdgenfan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:42 am Scheduled a service visit again after stopping by the dealer to show them the DIC screen crashing yet again, they stated GM has told them if the programming update was done and the issue persists, they "have no fix for the issue" :dafuq:

I don't think they ever will, considering it appears the 2019s got an entirely new OS design on the MyLink :dislike:
Yea, 2019 is a completely new system for the center stack and IP. Unless the issue is widespread, they'll likely ignore it now that it's "obsolete".
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:16 am
3rdgenfan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:42 am Scheduled a service visit again after stopping by the dealer to show them the DIC screen crashing yet again, they stated GM has told them if the programming update was done and the issue persists, they "have no fix for the issue" :dafuq:

Yea, 2019 is a completely new system for the center stack and IP. Unless the issue is widespread, they'll likely ignore it now that it's "obsolete".
GM could salvage the deal by putting me in a '19 and buying this flaming pile back, maybe that's asking too much? :iono:

Would be the 10th dealer visit for this nonsense.
ChrisoftheNorth

3rdgenfan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:27 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:16 am
GM could salvage the deal by putting me in a '19 and buying this flaming pile back, maybe that's asking too much? :iono:

GM does buybacks all the time. Start mentioning "lemon law" around your dealer...or ask to talk to the GM field rep about a lemon law suit and watch how quickly they'll work.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:02 am

GM does buybacks all the time. Start mentioning "lemon law" around your dealer...or ask to talk to the GM field rep about a lemon law suit and watch how quickly they'll work.
:evilplan:
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

I've actually started a case, so kind of playing the waiting game at the moment. :( Was hoping dealer would get the hint and push towards getting it replaced....I'm sure the service department is tired of me.
ChrisoftheNorth

3rdgenfan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:18 am
I've actually started a case, so kind of playing the waiting game at the moment. :( Was hoping dealer would get the hint and push towards getting it replaced....I'm sure the service department is tired of me.
Oh wow...interesting.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Lemon law case was settled, didn't end with a buyback; but got cash. Sold the truck to CarMax last night.

Anyone with the factory projectors want the TheRetrofitSource xenon projector swap?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

20,000 Miles.

Zero issues.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:19 am 20,000 Miles.

Zero issues.
I'm at 18k miles. Zero issues as well.
Apex

I just rolled over 19k miles the other day.

Nothing major to report. Got a new leaf pack to correct the rear bed lean, and software update so the rear view camera dimmed at night.