Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:58 am
Devilchrono wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:54 am

Oh, what is this H9 conversion you speak of?
https://www.coloradofans.com/forums/201 ... ms-h9.html

Basically, H9 bulbs have higher output than the standard H11. They're also cheap AF. You just modify a bit of the bulb connector and they plug right in no problem.

They're probably the best you can do for halogen replacement bulbs, just no idea how long they'll last.
Hmm, interesting. I'll keep this in mind. Curious though to know if the DRL's still function with them or if like the one user reported, the draw might be too much and the Low Beam comes on instead.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Devilchrono wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:07 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:58 am
https://www.coloradofans.com/forums/201 ... ms-h9.html

Basically, H9 bulbs have higher output than the standard H11. They're also cheap AF. You just modify a bit of the bulb connector and they plug right in no problem.

They're probably the best you can do for halogen replacement bulbs, just no idea how long they'll last.
Hmm, interesting. I'll keep this in mind. Curious though to know if the DRL's still function with them or if like the one user reported, the draw might be too much and the Low Beam comes on instead.
No idea. They light up but I've never checked for a difference.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

My TRS HID retrofit is awesome. So glad I did it.
Apex

When overload is lyfe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:26 am When overload is lyfe.

Ummm, wtf? How?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

That's what happens when you let a Husky drive.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex

Melon wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:33 am That's what happens when you let a Husky drive.
:dat:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:32 am
Apex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:26 am When overload is lyfe.

Ummm, wtf? How?
Go speeding down rough roads with an overloaded trailer and all sorts of overland shit in/on the bed? Then blame the :truk: :iono:

Oh, be a moran too. That helps.
Apex

:lolol:

ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:32 am
Ummm, wtf? How?
Go speeding down rough roads with an overloaded trailer and all sorts of overland shit in/on the bed? Then blame the :truk: :iono:

WTF was he towing? He must have had a ton of heavy shit in the bed behind the rear axle, then a trailer with WAY too much tongue weight. I'm truly :mindblown: and :impressive:

When we had a truck REALLY stuck nose first into a "ditch" we had to winch it out from the tow receiver. As we winched it, we watched as the bed bent back...owner was concerned that the frame would bend, but admitted the truck had to come out, so whatever. I swear the bed was bent back as bad as that photo, but once it came out, it went right back into place ZFG. The dude mercilessly beats on that truck on a 6" (or whatever) BDS lift and 35's and has had zero issues since.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:47 am Image

:lolol:

:ohmy: :lolol:
Apex

This dude is getting fucking roasted in the facetube Colorado group. It's hilarious, because he keeps claiming it's the truck's fault and that he's not a moran.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:50 am
Apex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 am

WTF was he towing? He must have had a ton of heavy shit in the bed behind the rear axle, then a trailer with WAY too much tongue weight. I'm truly :mindblown: and :impressive:

When we had a truck REALLY stuck nose first into a "ditch" we had to winch it out from the tow receiver. As we winched it, we watched as the bed bent back...owner was concerned that the frame would bend, but admitted the truck had to come out, so whatever. I swear the bed was bent back as bad as that photo, but once it came out, it went right back into place ZFG. The dude mercilessly beats on that truck on a 6" (or whatever) BDS lift and 35's and has had zero issues since.
He claims the trailer was "under 5k lbs". But that doesn't take into account the thousands of pounds of shit he's got in/on the bed.

I still have an itch for a ZR2... might have to get one at some point, AEV is hinting at flare options to get 35's without a lift. :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:52 am This dude is getting fucking roasted in the facetube Colorado group. It's hilarious, because he keeps claiming it's the truck's fault and that he's not a moran.
I've seen first hand the abuse these trucks have taken, I honestly don't know how it possibly happened.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:02 am Yeah, I still like the ZR2.

Saw one rolling down 295 the other day. So :nice:

But man, that bwoy needs to get learnt about tongue weight. Dope.
:dat: I pass by a white one at a construction site nearly every day. Gets the :dong: tingling.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:54 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:50 am

He claims the trailer was "under 5k lbs". But that doesn't take into account the thousands of pounds of shit he's got in/on the bed.

I still have an itch for a ZR2... might have to get one at some point, AEV is hinting at flare options to get 35's without a lift. :megusta:
35's without a lift is NGH without significant cutting. AEV loves doing the largest tired with suspension as close as stock as possible, and they're not afraid to cut. You'd probably have to cut inches off around the front fenders and they'd provide flares to cover the cuts. Rather :notsure: if I'd do that.

I still love my ZR2. I took some people I work with for a ride in it and they were :mindblown: by the entire thing. Couldn't believe the ride/handling and powertrain performance. It really is an awesome truck.

My buyout is $33k, ~$13k less than my ideal spec Gladiator. I'm still not convinced that I shouldn't just buy the ZR2.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:08 am
Apex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:54 am

35's without a lift is NGH without significant cutting. AEV loves doing the largest tired with suspension as close as stock as possible, and they're not afraid to cut. You'd probably have to cut inches off around the front fenders and they'd provide flares to cover the cuts. Rather :notsure: if I'd do that.

I still love my ZR2. I took some people I work with for a ride in it and they were :mindblown: by the entire thing. Couldn't believe the ride/handling and powertrain performance. It really is an awesome truck.

My buyout is $33k, ~$13k less than my ideal spec Gladiator. I'm still not convinced that I shouldn't just buy the ZR2.
I'll have to see what they come out with, I've taken a saw-z-all and cut-off wheels to a few cars in my past.

$13k isn't exactly chump change... and Blurple is awesome. That's a tough call.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:22 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:08 am

I'll have to see what they come out with, I've taken a saw-z-all and cut-off wheels to a few cars in my past.

Knowing AEV, they'll release a kit with cutting templates for the flares...but it'll have to be pretty significant cutting in potentially structural fender areas. Not really sure how they'll pull that off...would be interesting to see.

$13k is a lot. I could split the difference and get a JL for ~$11k more, but still :notsure: The ZR2 is really great though I'm a :jeep: guy at heart, always have been.

Dat struggle.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:26 am
Apex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:22 am

Knowing AEV, they'll release a kit with cutting templates for the flares...but it'll have to be pretty significant cutting in potentially structural fender areas. Not really sure how they'll pull that off...would be interesting to see.

$13k is a lot. I could split the difference and get a JL for ~$11k more, but still :notsure: The ZR2 is really great though I'm a :jeep: guy at heart, always have been.

Dat struggle.
Hmm, wouldn't want to go near any structural cutting so that would be a big :nope:

Add some quick-releases to the wiring harnesses for the ZR2 doors so you can pop them off. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:28 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:26 am

Dat struggle.
Hmm, wouldn't want to go near any structural cutting so that would be a big :nope:

Add some quick-releases to the wiring harnesses for the ZR2 doors so you can pop them off. :lol:
Well...structural as in how the fender attaches to the body. There's a mount on the bottom rear of the wheel well that's already really close to the tire. To fit 35's, you'd likely have to cut that and either let the fender flap or figure out another way to attach it. Maybe AEV figured it out, or is confident they can.

I guess I'm :gay: but I like top-off driving. I don't like convertibles because of the way air blasts you from behind, but targa tops (like on my :poorvette: or freedom panels off a :jeep: ) are my ideal situation. I drove last night with the top off my car and loved it. In a JT would be even cooler.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:34 am
Apex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:28 am

Well...structural as in how the fender attaches to the body. There's a mount on the bottom rear of the wheel well that's already really close to the tire. To fit 35's, you'd likely have to cut that and either let the fender flap or figure out another way to attach it. Maybe AEV figured it out, or is confident they can.

I guess I'm :gay: but I like top-off driving. I don't like convertibles because of the way air blasts you from behind, but targa tops (like on my :poorvette: or freedom panels off a :jeep: ) are my ideal situation. I drove last night with the top off my car and loved it. In a JT would be even cooler.
Fender flapping would be a giant :nope:
Interesting to see what solution AEV has come up with.

Eventually we'll replace wifey's WK with a JKU or JLU depending on :dill: so we too can enjoy that top-off/door-off driving. Would make beach cruisin' 5/7.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:38 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:34 am

Fender flapping would be a giant :nope:
Interesting to see what solution AEV has come up with.

Eventually we'll replace wifey's WK with a JKU or JLU depending on :dill: so we too can enjoy that top-off/door-off driving. Would make beach cruisin' 5/7.
AEV wouldn't release something that allowed the fender to flap, I'm sure. But there's likely going to be some sort of tear-up and/or additional bracket mounting to make it work.

JL is so ridiculously nice. I love them.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:42 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:41 am JL is so ridiculously nice. I love them.
I mean, I love the hell out of my JK, so the JL must be a real revelation in comparison.
I loved my JK too and was sad to see it go. The JL is so much improved with livability.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:43 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:42 am

I mean, I love the hell out of my JK, so the JL must be a real revelation in comparison.
I loved my JK too and was sad to see it go. The JL is so much improved with livability.
I mean ... it depends on how you look at it. Trans is a huge difference. But I can’t say the wind noise issue is something to be put up with. That and the mpgs/fuel prices in Cali are causing major second guessing for me
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:52 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:43 am
I mean ... it depends on how you look at it. Trans is a huge difference. But I can’t say the wind noise issue is something to be put up with. That and the mpgs/fuel prices in Cali are causing major second guessing for me
Powertrain, interior quality, ride/handling, and to me, the wind noise from the soft top JK to soft top JL (the only things I have experience with) is drastic. While I'd get a hardtop JL/T this go round, wind/road noise is just something I expect :iono:

Fuel prices are regional, but absolutely a consideration. No real SUV/offroader is particularly fuel efficient :doe: