Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:35 am
Apex wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:45 am So, I finally got to use the Squadron-R Sports at night last night.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I actually laughed when I turned them on.
These little things are bright as hell. Nearly the range of high beams but the light spread to the sides of the road is fantastic. 5/7 lights for night driving around here. Only got flashed once for them, so I was turning them on/off like I would with high beams, but I suspect if I had the white lenses it would have been worse.

Lighting everything up yellow is cool too.
Do they work through the factory fog light switch?
Yep. It's a legit plug and play setup.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:57 am
Apex wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:45 am So, I finally got to use the Squadron-R Sports at night last night.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

These little things are bright as hell. Nearly the range of high beams but the light spread to the sides of the road is fantastic. 5/7 lights for night driving around here. Only got flashed once for them, so I was turning them on/off like I would with high beams, but I suspect if I had the white lenses it would have been worse.

I think if you aim the passenger side one down just a hair, it wouldn't be as bad. That was the only issue I had when I was driving in front of you with the lights on, just a little glare. Driver's side was good.
Yeah, I'll pop the passenger side out and aim it down slightly to reduce the glare. We were also driving in the day light... You have to see these beasts at night.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I need moar front lighting on my truck. Lack of fogs on the ZR2 is :|
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:21 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:18 am I need moar front lighting on my truck. Lack of fogs on the ZR2 is :|
Yeah, now that I've swapped the Morimotos into my truck, the lighting is 5/7.

I'd do a LED bar on yours if you can without hampering cooling too much.
I would too if I didn't have the front receiver mount for the winch.

When I installed the winch mount, I did take out the tow hooks. I've through about putting lights down there, but I"m sure they'll die a quick death being that low.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:28 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:21 am

Yeah, now that I've swapped the Morimotos into my truck, the lighting is 5/7.

I'd do a LED bar on yours if you can without hampering cooling too much.

When I installed the winch mount, I did take out the tow hooks. I've through about putting lights down there, but I"m sure they'll die a quick death being that low.
I'd look into doing something like the Baja Designs S2 Sports on the sides of the front receiver mount. Would keep them protected instead of being down low where the tow hooks were.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/S2-Sport.asp
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:41 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:28 am

I'd look into doing something like the Baja Designs S2 Sports on the sides of the front receiver mount. Would keep them protected instead of being down low where the tow hooks were.
Yea, definitely considered this. It's hard to tell how much space they'll take up because there's not a lot of room to get the winch hooked up when you need. Maybe I should just :doit: and see how it goes.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I still haven't installed my fog lights because it requires being under the car and removing that goddamn plastic tray thing, which I can't safely do on the street :sad:

Been sitting on the shelf for nearly a year now.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:43 am

Yea, definitely considered this. It's hard to tell how much space they'll take up because there's not a lot of room to get the winch hooked up when you need. Maybe I should just :doit: and see how it goes.
Here's the specs for the S2's. Make some cardboard templates and see if they'll fit?

Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:46 am

I still haven't installed my fog lights because it requires being under the car and removing that goddamn plastic tray thing, which I can't safely do on the street :sad:

You should take a trip up to Garage De Reptar one day.
Johnny_P

Baja designs makes legit awesome shit. Would do it. I had no idea they made WRX stuff or I'd have gone with them.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:48 am

I'm pretty sure I'd be shunned immediately if I showed up there. Car is dirty and I haven't visited Bumper Dan yet to get the cyclist damage fixed. But yes this is a good idea. It's easy work, I bet it would only take an hour to install.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:47 am
Here's the specs for the S2's. Make some cardboard templates and see if they'll fit?

:ohdang: I will try this.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:49 am
Apex wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:48 am

I'm pretty sure I'd be shunned immediately if I showed up there. Car is dirty and I haven't visited Bumper Dan yet to get the cyclist damage fixed. But yes this is a good idea. It's easy work, I bet it would only take an hour to install.
He let me install my BD's there, and I have :crotchfruit:

Bring a bike and can ride/install.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:50 am :ohdang: I will try this.
I got you boo. :zing:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:50 am
Apex wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:47 am

:ohdang: I will try this.
:doit: LED lights like this are pretty compact but the output is :mygod: anymore. Truly crazy how bright some of this stuff is for it's size.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:51 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:49 am

He let me install my BD's there, and I have :crotchfruit:

Bring a bike and can ride/install.
:dat:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:03 am

I've got tools, I've got driveway space. :bruh:

Come wrench and ride bikes. Escape the moonlyfe.
:wub:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:27 pm Slider brackets ship to me next week. :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I’m calling my mom for money to buy a :truk:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:58 pm I’m calling my mom for money to buy a :truk:
She throwing in the lightbars too?
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:01 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:58 pm I’m calling my mom for money to buy a :truk:
I’ll bat my eyelashes and pwetty pwease and it is likely.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:02 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:01 pm

I’ll bat my eyelashes and pwetty pwease and it is likely.
:notbad:

We need a red Coloradbro in the group.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:triggered:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Will likely have an orange ZR2 for the :tits: in a couple of months.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:14 pm Will likely have an orange ZR2 for the :tits: in a couple of months.
:jelly:

Dual ZR2s? :impressive: