Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:53 pm Also, my tarz are in. :heavybreathing:
:jimp:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:06 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:58 pm

Apparently this is an issue with the '18s and the camera they use. When it's night and you shift into reverse, the screen is bright AF. There is a software update that dims it down to a usable level.

Yeah, you're doing more suspension work than I am planning on right now. I'll probably just do a front level after my second service visit and be good to go.
Holy fuck there's an update for that? It's annoying as hell at night. :fuckyeah:

I just want the ability to dim the screen independently of the gayges. One thing the Frontier got right.
I just want the screen to dim at night. I don't need to be blinded by the light every time I put it in reverse. Lady who called me was like, I don't see that when I run your VIN. So I'll have to look up the TSB and make sure that gets done on Saturday.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:14 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Holy fuck there's an update for that? It's annoying as hell at night. :fuckyeah:

I just want the ability to dim the screen independently of the gayges. One thing the Frontier got right.
I just want the screen to dim at night. I don't need to be blinded by the light every time I put it in reverse. Lady who called me was like, I don't see that when I run your VIN. So I'll have to look up the TSB and make sure that gets done on Saturday.
TSB, more like CSB, amirite.

Git me my damn screen de-brightener or I'll :fshitup:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex

:megusta:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Can you lower and put road tires and ZR2-style dampers on these things to make them better as a car that tows?
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:34 pm Can you lower and put road tires and ZR2-style dampers on these things to make them better as a car that tows?
With enough cash, sure.

ZR2 dampers bolt on differently than the regular Colobrahdoe's.
troyguitar

Apex wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:37 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:34 pm Can you lower and put road tires and ZR2-style dampers on these things to make them better as a car that tows?
With enough cash, sure.

Yeah that'd be too easy. The impending Ranger vs Colorado battle has me somewhat interested in something like this if we really end up moving to the middle of nowhere NY. Ext cab 2WD V6 with LSD and tow package in bright ass orange is $28k MSRP, 300 hp at 4000ish lbs, tows 7000, and gets 21/29 mpg on 87 supposedly while having a bed long enough to be used as... a bed. Could be a :notbad: way to tow a kart or something. If they blow them out for $20k or whatever when the Ranger takes all of their sales, it might be worth it.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:08 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:37 pm

With enough cash, sure.

Yeah that'd be too easy. The impending Ranger vs Colorado battle has me somewhat interested in something like this if we really end up moving to the middle of nowhere NY. Ext cab 2WD V6 with LSD and tow package in bright ass orange is $28k MSRP, 300 hp at 4000ish lbs, tows 7000, and gets 21/29 mpg on 87 supposedly while having a bed long enough to be used as... a bed. Could be a :notbad: way to tow a kart or something. If they blow them out for $20k or whatever when the Ranger takes all of their sales, it might be worth it.
Would be a :notbad: setup.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Side pipes and a lowering kit, :mindblown:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I loved lowered mini trucks in my youth, but I wouldn't lower mine, I actually use the ground clearance for urban curb hopping.

They don't look too bad doe.
:notbad:

Lowered + Supercharger...

4 wheel up
2 wheel down
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:22 pm Image

Tires on.

Just need my U bolts and shim and I’ll be able to get the 1” lift done.
:ohdang: :megusta:

Buddy of mine put these on his ZR2 with new :ramz: and loves them.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:06 pm
Belltech makes a lowering kit for the twins, it does look good lowered.

Looks way less ridiculous as a road vehicle that way - I might even be able to reach things in the useless bed if it's lower. :fullretard:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:13 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Belltech makes a lowering kit for the twins, it does look good lowered.

Looks way less ridiculous as a road vehicle that way - I might even be able to reach things in the useless bed if it's lower. :fullretard:
Thing is, you could get away with a smaller trailer because you can load more crap in the "useless" bed. Hell, I bet you could fit a kart, tools, and few spares for closer events in just the bed. The 6-footer isn't bad.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

A crush orange extended cab 2WD V6 lowered would be sweet. The V6 8-speed is really solid.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:21 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:13 am

Thing is, you could get away with a smaller trailer because you can load more crap in the "useless" bed. Hell, I bet you could fit a kart, tools, and few spares for closer events in just the bed. The 6-footer isn't bad.
Kart is 55" wide and right around 74-80" nose to tail and weighs 250 lbs, I'm :notsure: that I'd really be able to do that without some disassembly and :sawce: to help pick it up. It's kind of easier to use a trailer all of the time and use the bed as an actual bed. Realistically a :minivan: is a much better kart support vehicle and camper, but even more :disgust: to drive.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:33 am
Kart is 55" wide and right around 74-80" nose to tail and weighs 250 lbs, I'm :notsure: that I'd really be able to do that without some disassembly and :sawce: to help pick it up. It's kind of easier to use a trailer all of the time and use the bed as an actual bed. Realistically a :minivan: is a much better kart support vehicle and camper, but even more :disgust: to drive.
:ohdang: trailer is better there for sure.

Minivan would be better to sleep in.
max225

How is a minivan worse to drive ?
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:58 am

~1000 extra lbs and FWD with no real aftermarket to make it a little better. The same things that make a :truk: decent at high speed off-road stuff can make it at least OK-ish on-road if applied a little differently. Being 6" wider is also shittier for parking in most instances vs the extra 6" or so of length. :iono:

(Insert max retort of "It's not a racecar, therefore there is no point in making it any better at anything because it'll never be as good as an F1 car")
max225

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:27 am
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:58 am

~1000 extra lbs and FWD with no real aftermarket to make it a little better. The same things that make a :truk: decent at high speed off-road stuff can make it at least OK-ish on-road if applied a little differently. Being 6" wider is also shittier for parking in most instances vs the extra 6" or so of length. :iono:

(Insert max retort of "It's not a racecar, therefore there is no point in making it any better at anything because it'll never be as good as an F1 car")
Rwd vs fwd is irrelevant, but having a suspension set up for children yelling inside and soothing out bumps etc makes it an arguably better vehicle for just getting from place to place. A truck is undeniably “cooler” and you
Know you “want a truck”.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:12 am
:ohdang: :megusta:

Buddy of mine put these on his ZR2 with new :ramz: and loves them.
Silver ZR2 with the bronze Methods? So much want for that ram/tar setup.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:27 am ~1000 extra lbs and FWD with no real aftermarket to make it a little better. The same things that make a :truk: decent at high speed off-road stuff can make it at least OK-ish on-road if applied a little differently. Being 6" wider is also shittier for parking in most instances vs the extra 6" or so of length. :iono:

Rwd vs fwd is irrelevant, but having a suspension set up for children yelling inside and soothing out bumps etc makes it an arguably better vehicle for just getting from place to place. A truck is undeniably “cooler” and you
Know you “want a truck”.
Expected response was expected. Dropping 1000 lbs and going to RWD with better body control makes no difference in how a vehicle drives, thanks for clarifying that.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:26 pm
troyguitar wrote:
Build a platform with sliding drawers underneath for tools and stuff. Set the Mariokart up top.
That's a lot of work for something to just be in the way 355 days a year. A trailer can at least be parked out of the way (probably outside because no :haus: ever has a 3+ car garage that we can afford) during that time and be useful for out of town events as well.

:iono: who am I kidding, there's no way I'm going to blow $20-30k on a vehicle and $10-20k on kart+trailer stuff... $30-50k in vehicles is like :dillerman: level :wasteful: :disgust: spending.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Sauce's Kart Karting, reporting for duty.
Apex

So, I finally got to use the Squadron-R Sports at night last night.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I actually laughed when I turned them on.
These little things are bright as hell. Nearly the range of high beams but the light spread to the sides of the road is fantastic. 5/7 lights for night driving around here. Only got flashed once for them, so I was turning them on/off like I would with high beams, but I suspect if I had the white lenses it would have been worse.

Lighting everything up yellow is cool too.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:45 am So, I finally got to use the Squadron-R Sports at night last night.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I actually laughed when I turned them on.
These little things are bright as hell. Nearly the range of high beams but the light spread to the sides of the road is fantastic. 5/7 lights for night driving around here. Only got flashed once for them, so I was turning them on/off like I would with high beams, but I suspect if I had the white lenses it would have been worse.

Lighting everything up yellow is cool too.
Do they work through the factory fog light switch?