Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:37 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:34 pm
Not on a non-ZR2. Supposedly the frame has different mounting points. At least that's what the engineers told me.
:notsure:
Yea, :iono: Same Moran engineers who can't get 400whp out of a 1.5 turbro can't figure out how to mount a skid plate to a :truk:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:39 pm

Yea, :iono: Same Moran engineers who can't get 400whp out of a 1.5 turbro can't figure out how to mount a skid plate to a :truk:
Engineers operate via binary. There's no grey area.
Sounds like a forum I frequent.....
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:34 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:10 pm

What? Really? :sad:
Not on a non-ZR2. Supposedly the frame has different mounting points. At least that's what the engineers told me.
:rage: :fshitup:
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:23 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Dat undercarriage is built to take a pounding.
We've all been there.. amirite?

:hubba:
:iswydt: :highfive:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Insurance qoute was only 24$ a year more than the Mazda6...

:dafuq:

For this one specifically

https://www.sundancechevyranch.com/Vehi ... 3253465673
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:39 pm

Engineers operate via binary. There's no grey area.
:wrong:
Johnny_P

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:54 pm Insurance qoute was only 24$ a year more than the Mazda6...

:dafuq:

For this one specifically

https://www.sundancechevyranch.com/Vehi ... 3253465673
That dealership oh my god 😂

Can’t beat crazy cowboy Bill’s sizzlin’ deals!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Is a Colorado crew cab the same size as the Silverado double cab?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Nevermind I found it
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:37 am Is a Colorado crew cab the same size as the Silverado double cab?
Having lived with both, I think Colorado Crew cab is a bit more usable. The back seat has more space (not a ton more) but makes it easier to take adults back there, or carry stuff.

I think the Colorado crew is the perfect size.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:58 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:37 am Is a Colorado crew cab the same size as the Silverado double cab?
Having lived with both, I think Colorado Crew cab is a bit more usable. The back seat has more space (not a ton more) but makes it easier to take adults back there, or carry stuff.

I think the Colorado crew is the perfect size.
Even with the :jalepenis: bed it's really a great overall :truk:
Johnny_P

RCSB Silverbrahdoe is shorter overall than any currently offered Colorado :lolol:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:RCSB Silverbrahdoe is shorter overall than any currently offered Colorado Imageol:
Yep. Wider :doe: so you still can't fit it in a garage.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:05 am
Johnny_P wrote:RCSB Silverbrahdoe is shorter overall than any currently offered Colorado Imageol:
Yep they're chodes
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:05 am
Yea, it's the width more than length that makes the Silverbrahdoes tough to live with.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:54 am
Apex wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:59 am

I went to IKEA with fledonfoot on Sunday after Radwood.

Stuffed the bed full of IKEA flat pack stuff. It's plenty functional. Parkable. Driveable.

I :wub: my :truk:
:dat:
Apex

Stuffed the bed full of IKEA flat pack stuff. It's plenty functional. Parkable. Driveable.

:fuckyeah:

We need another TMNT adventure one of these days, or explore some other stuff down there.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:51 am
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:05 am Yep. Wider :doe: so you still can't fit it in a garage.
Yea, it's the width more than length that makes the Silverbrahdoes tough to live with.
Right. Leg room is almost the same but Silverado is 7 inches wider so more hip room
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I'm going to look this weekend at options. I really like the looks of the taco long bed much better than the short.
Apex

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:07 pm

I'm going to look this weekend at options. I really like the looks of the taco long bed much better than the short.
CCLBs start to get pretty long. The CCSB is great as a daily, turning radius and parking are still easy.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
Apex wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:59 am Even with the :jalepenis: bed it's really a great overall :truk:

Aside from not fitting in garages or most street parking situations, I guess they're fine? :iono:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:29 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:18 pm Aside from not fitting in garages or most street parking situations, I guess they're fine? :iono:
I parallel park my truck in plenty of spots in congested areas and don't care about fitting it into a garage. It's a :truk:

It's low enough to fit into a parking deck, that's all that matters.
Wifey's JGC is taller than my :truk: :lol:
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:18 pm Aside from not fitting in garages or most street parking situations, I guess they're fine? :iono:
I parallel park my truck in plenty of spots in congested areas and don't care about fitting it into a garage. It's a :truk:

It won't fit in my garage, which I miss, but the house was built in the 60's and it is what it is. Most newer construction, or better laid out floor plans and it'd fit just fine.

We went down town this past weekend in the truck and I made a guy in a IS250 look really bad with parallel parking. He took almost 5 full minutes to park that thing, while I just went around him to a spot further up the street, parked the truck and had time to get my son out and in his stroller before he was parked. I don't get why the idea that these things are hard to park keeps getting brought up, cause they're not. Parking garages are the only things that still give me anxiety, since some of ours are fairly old and I don't truly know if it'll fit in some of them.
troyguitar

Devilchrono wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:43 pm

It won't fit in my garage, which I miss, but the house was built in the 60's and it is what it is. Most newer construction, or better laid out floor plans and it'd fit just fine.

We went down town this past weekend in the truck and I made a guy in a IS250 look really bad with parallel parking. He took almost 5 full minutes to park that thing, while I just went around him to a spot further up the street, parked the truck and had time to get my son out and in his stroller before he was parked. I don't get why the idea that these things are hard to park keeps getting brought up, cause they're not. Parking garages are the only things that still give me anxiety, since some of ours are fairly old and I don't truly know if it'll fit in some of them.
:yeahok:

It doesn't fit in your garage, yet you say it's easy to park? You can't park it at your own house despite being The Stig's 'Murican Cousin who is the greatest :truk: parker in the world...
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Devilchrono wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Image @ that guy