Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:16 pm
Apex wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:05 pm

Not all of us can get sweet employee lease :dill: :lol:

Tomorrow might push me in one direction or another... we’ll have to wait and see.
Take pics.
My ipotato pics won’t be remotely like yours but I’ll do a write up later tonight with pics.

I used the fuck out of every single skid plate on the :truk:
:fuckyeah:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:15 pm

Take pics.
My ipotato pics won’t be remotely like yours but I’ll do a write up later tonight with pics.

:well:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:15 pm

Take pics.

That's what skid plates are for!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Ever since wifey mentioned picking up an older :jeep: to play around with, I have lost all desire to mod the :truk:
I’ll most likely add the leveling kit since it’s sitting in a box in the closet right now, and then maybe a tonneau cover.

Gotta find the right :jeep: at the right price so I don’t throw off my mortgage numbers too bad. We want something to drive on the weekends, beach, off-road, etc. and I might bring it to work once a week.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:42 pm Ever since wifey mentioned picking up an older :jeep: to play around with, I have lost all desire to mod the :truk:
I’ll most likely add the leveling kit since it’s sitting in a box in the closet right now, and then maybe a tonneau cover.

Gotta find the right :jeep: at the right price so I don’t throw off my mortgage numbers too bad. We want something to drive on the weekends, beach, off-road, etc. and I might bring it to work once a week.
What's the budget?
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:42 pm Ever since wifey mentioned picking up an older :jeep: to play around with, I have lost all desire to mod the :truk:

:truk: will never really be a great wheeling vehicle, but a great DD and all-arounder. I wouldn't touch it further than you already have, but that's just me.

I would highly suggest getting something coil sprung like a TJ or JK. 3.8 JK 2-doors should be getting pretty cheap these days, worth looking out for if one could be had for cheaper than a TJ.

:fullretard:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:45 pm

What's the budget?
Looking like $10-12k would reasonable for me.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:47 pm

:truk: will never really be a great wheeling vehicle, but a great DD and all-arounder. I wouldn't touch it further than you already have, but that's just me.

I would highly suggest getting something coil sprung like a TJ or JK. 3.8 JK 2-doors should be getting pretty cheap these days, worth looking out for if one could be had for cheaper than a TJ.

TJ or 3.8 JK are my front runners. I saw a nice blue JK for like $13.5 with some Rubi take-off wheels and tires. Was all :notbad: until I saw the carfox anndddd it’s a theft recovery vehicle with differential damage. :nope:
max225

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:50 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:45 pm

What's the budget?
Looking like $10-12k would reasonable for me.
That's a pretty tough place to be... :jeep:
You'll be be looking at a 02-04 TJ for that price... 02s still have the fked up heads... I would look for something that was rebuilt at that point already... 15+ years old would need all new suspension pieces as well.
Apex

Good chance I’ll hold off until Q1 before pulling the trigger on anything. See what my raise/bonus sitch might look like.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:53 pm Good chance I’ll hold off until Q1 before pulling the trigger on anything. See what my raise/bonus sitch might look like.
No harm in looking, that's the fun part.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:56 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:53 pm Good chance I’ll hold off until Q1 before pulling the trigger on anything. See what my raise/bonus sitch might look like.
No harm in looking, that's the fun part.
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:47 pm

TJ or 3.8 JK are my front runners. I saw a nice blue JK for like $13.5 with some Rubi take-off wheels and tires. Was all :notbad: until I saw the carfox anndddd it’s a theft recovery vehicle with differential damage. :nope:
:whocares:

If it's in nice shape and you can use it as leverage to lower the price, I'd still do it. Find a set of Rubicon take-off axles and swap them in. The 4.10's and lockers would be a nice upgrade for not a ton of money IMO.
max225

I am :notsure: on the 3.8 jeeps, the engine itself is OKAY, but the 4 speed trans is legit, :disgust: maybe it's ok for a cruiser :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:04 pm I am :notsure: on the 3.8 jeeps, the engine itself is OKAY, but the 4 speed trans is legit, :disgust: maybe it's ok for a cruiser :doe:
Can't be worse than a TJ.

Or just get a :manuel:
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/d/ ... 53412.html

The cheapest JK I could find that wasn't modded to shit on 22" wheels... this is so not worth it....

How about a lease on a new one ?
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:06 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:04 pm I am :notsure: on the 3.8 jeeps, the engine itself is OKAY, but the 4 speed trans is legit, :disgust: maybe it's ok for a cruiser :doe:

That :manuel: is dogshit :doe: I couldn't stand it... even the TJ :manuel: was better... those epic throws, no deadpedal... weird clutch uptake etc etc
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:07 pm

That :manuel: is dogshit :doe: I couldn't stand it... even the TJ :manuel: was better... those epic throws, no deadpedal... weird clutch uptake etc etc
I didn't hate the :manuel: in my JK. But I was used to :manuel: in a CJ, which is...agricultural to say the least.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:08 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:07 pm

I didn't hate the :manuel: in my JK. But I was used to :manuel: in a CJ, which is...agricultural to say the least.
Yea and the Tranny in the JL is actually fine, I really didn't mind driving it... however in a JLUR I felt like the engine didn't have enough torque, it was lugging pretty hard under 2.5k rpms... I would go Auto, except on the 2 door/stripper.
Apex

The 4AT I drove with 32s was fine to me. It won’t win any 0-60s but could merge onto the roads I normally drive with out issue.

The :manuel: ones were more fun to drive the street doe.

:iono: we’ll see what pops up.
Apex

Also, it’s def gonna be a 2 door, TJ or JK.
ChrisoftheNorth

ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:08 pm
Yea and the Tranny in the JL is actually fine, I really didn't mind driving it... however in a JLUR I felt like the engine didn't have enough torque, it was lugging pretty hard under 2.5k rpms... I would go Auto, except on the 2 door/stripper.
Man, the :manuel: JT I drove was terrible. The gears are all wrong.

When the 8-speed is as good as it is, the :manuel: is irrelevant IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:12 pm Also, it’s def gonna be a 2 door, TJ or JK.
Ah, smart. Best for a toy/wheeler.
Apex

Dplac, you have any experience with the Kicker sub accessory for the Colorado’s?

Looks like a convenient way to add a little bump to the Bose system.