Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:16 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:10 pm

Yea and the Tranny in the JL is actually fine, I really didn't mind driving it... however in a JLUR I felt like the engine didn't have enough torque, it was lugging pretty hard under 2.5k rpms... I would go Auto, except on the 2 door/stripper.
Man, the :manuel: JT I drove was terrible. The gears are all wrong.

When the 8-speed is as good as it is, the :manuel: is irrelevant IMO.
$2750 upcharge for the 8 speed now :( gears don't matter as long as you have enough power to move the thing. Which is why the 2 door makes so much sense with the :manuel: the 4 door JLUR wasn't that fun to drive with a manuel... let along a JT which adds another 400lbs
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:35 pm Dplac, you have any experience with the Kicker sub accessory for the Colorado’s?

Looks like a convenient way to add a little bump to the Bose system.
That system is fantastic. It sounds way better than the $500 "Blose Upgraded Audio". The base audio in my JT sounds better than the Blose did in my ZR2 :doe: The base Colorado audio leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

It's not just a sub, it includes an amplifier that amplifies the other speakers. All plug and play with OE type quality.

My plan before I left GM was to order a Crush ZR2Bison (which doesn't seem to have made it to production after I left :| ) with base audio and add the Kicker system to it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:49 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:35 pm Dplac, you have any experience with the Kicker sub accessory for the Colorado’s?

Looks like a convenient way to add a little bump to the Bose system.
That system is fantastic. It sounds way better than the $500 "Blose Upgraded Audio". The base audio in my JT sounds better than the Blose did in my ZR2 :doe: The base Colorado audio leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

It's not just a sub, it includes an amplifier that amplifies the other speakers. All plug and play with OE type quality.

My plan before I left GM was to order a Crush ZR2Bison (which doesn't seem to have made it to production after I left :| ) with base audio and add the Kicker system to it.
:ohdang: that’s a great endorsement. I like that it’s a plug and play OE level accessory.

I need to see what I have under the rear seat right now and how I can make room for the Kicker upgrade. I’m sure a bunch can get moved to my Offroad bag to make room. :evilplan:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:49 pm

:ohdang: that’s a great endorsement. I like that it’s a plug and play OE level accessory.

I need to see what I have under the rear seat right now and how I can make room for the Kicker upgrade. I’m sure a bunch can get moved to my Offroad bag to make room. :evilplan:
I was the accessory product manager for Colorado when that came out. Kicker worked really closely with GM engineers in developing that system...I forgot to mention that it's not just an amplifier, but also a crossover, so it's tuned perfectly for what the factory speakers can handle. It's so good, that I had one put in my (eventual) boss's truck and he wanted us to make it a factory option after living with it for a while. While technically feasible, GM has some :bs: licensing agreement with Bose that restricts what factory audio upgrade systems can be offered.

Only issues are it's pricey and takes up valuable storage space.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:11 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:59 pm

I was the accessory product manager for Colorado when that came out. Kicker worked really closely with GM engineers in developing that system...I forgot to mention that it's not just an amplifier, but also a crossover, so it's tuned perfectly for what the factory speakers can handle. It's so good, that I had one put in my (eventual) boss's truck and he wanted us to make it a factory option after living with it for a while. While technically feasible, GM has some :bs: licensing agreement with Bose that restricts what factory audio upgrade systems can be offered.

Only issues are it's pricey and takes up valuable storage space.
:like: :like:

I need to look into this some more. Early research puts it at about $500 for my truck. Need to look at how much storage space it’ll take it a bit more.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I think that sounds like a 5/7 upgrade, and it's worth the loss of some under seat storage. If I had a Canyorado I'd :doit:

I wish there was a similar upgrade for my dad's 300. That'd be a great gift I could give him.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:wrong:

The Bose sounds pretty good.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex

Melon wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:20 pm :wrong:

I just want a little more bump in my trunk.
ChrisoftheNorth

Glad you think so! That's all that matters.

Also, the kicker system doesn't work with Blose.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:37 pm

I thought there was one option for Blose and one for the base stereo. :doomed:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:37 pm

Is there?

There wasn't at first, and there were complaints. It's possible they added one.

The issue is the blose system is amplified from the factory...so the kicker system would just be a subwoofer and nothing else. The crossover could still work, but I recall they passed at the time. This was a number of years :doe: Very likely changed.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:45 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:41 pm

Is there?

There wasn't at first, and there were complaints. It's possible they added one.

The issue is the blose system is amplified from the factory...so the kicker system would just be a subwoofer and nothing else. The crossover could still work, but I recall they passed at the time. This was a number of years :doe: Very likely changed.
Could have changed. I’ll have to research some more.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Does it fit extended cab models?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, about 2500 miles since the trans fluid flush. No issues. It shifts harder, but I'm :aintcare: about that.
Apex

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:16 pm Does it fit extended cab models?
Only for under the rear seat in crew cabs.
Apex

:truk: rolled over 25k miles last night. Trans still running fine on the OG fluid. :doomed: :fakenews: :foreveralone:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:57 am :truk: rolled over 25k miles last night. Trans still running fine on the OG fluid. :doomed: :fakenews: :foreveralone:
:notbad:

Mine was just under 20k miles when it went back, zero trans issues.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:57 am :truk: rolled over 25k miles last night. Trans still running fine on the OG fluid. :doomed: :fakenews: :foreveralone:
:truckyeah:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Just in time to gift it some kicker sound for the holidays
Apex

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:03 pm
Just in time to gift it some kicker sound for the holidays
:fuckyeah:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Holy fuuuuuuuuu :gag:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:59 pm Image

Holy fuuuuuuuuu :gag:
They made the GMC worse too but not as bad. Wait until someone orders one in that obnoxious bright yellow
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yeah, the Canyon is still my favorite of the two.

I'm keeping an eye out for the new Ranger. That might be my :nope: out vehicle should my transmission issues return.
So far so good though.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Do you even still have the truck?
If so, I'd try to get it flushed while it's under warranty.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Interior looks the same.