Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Since my truck didn’t come with the brake controller built in, I bought some stuff and am building a spot for one.
Redarc TowPro Elite is the plan.

Need an idea for a switch to put there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:28 pm If anyone was wondering, here’s the AEV transfer skid vs the GM factory piece.

Now to put this piece to use! :megusta:

Yea...that AEV part is epic compared to the embarrassing stock piece. The fact that it's a hot stamped part is even more :mindblown:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:53 am
Apex wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:28 pm If anyone was wondering, here’s the AEV transfer skid vs the GM factory piece.

Now to put this piece to use! :megusta:

Yea...that AEV part is epic compared to the embarrassing stock piece. The fact that it's a hot stamped part is even more :mindblown:
It really is an epic piece. Doesn’t weigh a ton either, which was helpful installing it myself. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:53 am
It really is an epic piece. Doesn’t weigh a ton either, which was helpful installing it myself. :lol:
Hot stamped Boron steel bro. Thinner than conventional steel, but stronger. Less weight, more strength win/win.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:58 am
Apex wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 am

Hot stamped Boron steel bro. Thinner than conventional steel, but stronger. Less weight, more strength win/win.
:science:

I was thinking about picking up the rear diff skid as well. Thoughts from the collective on that?
With the ZR2 skids up front I should be pretty good.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:02 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:58 am

I was thinking about picking up the rear diff skid as well. Thoughts from the collective on that?
Shock skids are far more valuable than the diff skid IMO. I'd also switch to a steel driveshaft before a diff skid too. But that's really only for a lot of rock crawling.

For where you are and what you wheel, shock skids are all I'd recommend. Then bigger tires, but I wouldn't go above 33's on a Colorado.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:09 am
Apex wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:02 am

Shock skids are far more valuable than the diff skid IMO. I'd also switch to a steel driveshaft before a diff skid too. But that's really only for a lot of rock crawling.

For where you are and what you wheel, shock skids are all I'd recommend. Then bigger tires, but I wouldn't go above 33's on a Colorado.
:like:
Thanks for the insight, and agreed I’m looking at going to a 32-33 and that should be about it. Shock skids are cheaper too so that’s a plus. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:11 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:09 am

Thanks for the insight, and agreed I’m looking at going to a 32-33 and that should be about it. Shock skids are cheaper too so that’s a plus. :lol:
I wheeled with a guy in northern MI who ripped the shock mount off the axle. It wasn't even over a crazy obstacle. Those things are just really vulnerable.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:21 am
Apex wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:11 am

I wheeled with a guy in northern MI who ripped the shock mount off the axle. It wasn't even over a crazy obstacle. Those things are just really vulnerable.
:yikes:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:40 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:01 am

Speed holes?
Frame holes.
So when towing thru Flagstaff my frame bends easier.
:lolol:
Apex

Shock skids ordered. :popcorn:
Went with Datinfab, full bolt-on 3/16” steel that should ship tomorrow. The 589 skids were about $20 more but 3 week lead time.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:11 pm Shock skids ordered. :popcorn:
Went with Datinfab, full bolt-on 3/16” steel that should ship tomorrow. The 589 skids were about $20 more but 3 week lead time.
Very wise.

I had the gen 1 589 ones on my truck...which required drilling. They were effective, but a bit bulky. I just realized I forgot to take them off before turn-in, so someone's going to get a used ZR2 with shock skids.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:07 am
Apex wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:11 pm Shock skids ordered. :popcorn:
Very wise.

I had the gen 1 589 ones on my truck...which required drilling. They were effective, but a bit bulky. I just realized I forgot to take them off before turn-in, so someone's going to get a used ZR2 with shock skids.
Clearly I’m not opposed to drilling holes in a newish truck, but I’ll go for an easier bolt-on option when available. And wifey and I are heading out to Rausch next Sunday so didn’t want to wait too long.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:22 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:07 am
Very wise.

Clearly I’m not opposed to drilling holes in a newish truck, but I’ll go for an easier bolt-on option when available. And wifey and I are heading out to Rausch next Sunday so didn’t want to wait too long.
Yea, I would have gone bolt-on as well, but nothing existed when I bought mine.

:excited: to hear about Rausch. I want to hit that up badly.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:30 am
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:22 am

Will report back!

Thinking about doing another trip in October, waiting to hear back on some schedules.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:38 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:30 am

Will report back!

Thinking about doing another trip in October, waiting to hear back on some schedules.
I should have my Gladiator within a few weeks...depending on timing, maybe I can make the trip out...
Apex

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:51 am
Apex wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:38 am

Will report back!

I should have my Gladiator within a few weeks...depending on timing, maybe I can make the trip out...
:megusta:

You and [user not found] can setup a tiny glamper compound. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:52 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:51 am
:megusta:

You and [user not found] can setup a tiny glamper compound. :lol:
My pop up would look like a palace by comparison.

I'd probably just bring my small tent :doe:
Apex

710 changed and shock skids installed! Nice pieces and install was pretty simple. :excited: to wake up early tomorrow and venture out to PA.
Apex

Also, I :wub: my stupid :truk:
Little things like adding the t-case and shock skids just get me excited about it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:01 pm 710 changed and shock skids installed! Nice pieces and install was pretty simple. :excited: to wake up early tomorrow and venture out to PA.
:popcorn:

Shock skids were smart.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:02 pm Also, I :wub: my stupid :truk:
Little things like adding the t-case and shock skids just get me excited about it.
:fuckyeah:

I'd say I miss my truck but...yea...

Was a great :truk: :doe:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:02 pm
Apex wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:01 pm 710 changed and shock skids installed! Nice pieces and install was pretty simple. :excited: to wake up early tomorrow and venture out to PA.
:popcorn:

Shock skids were smart.
Yeah, that’s a :fullretard: design on the shock mounting to the axle.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:03 pm
Apex wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:02 pm Also, I :wub: my stupid :truk:
:fuckyeah:

I'd say I miss my truck but...yea...

Was a great :truk: :doe:
Not all of us can get sweet employee lease :dill: :lol:

Tomorrow might push me in one direction or another... we’ll have to wait and see.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:16 pm
Apex wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:05 pm

Not all of us can get sweet employee lease :dill: :lol:

Tomorrow might push me in one direction or another... we’ll have to wait and see.
Take pics.
I thought this was your duty