Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:03 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:01 pm

From what I've seen it's their own flares and cutting on the ZR2, with some AEV bracketry to keep the fender from flapping around.
Sounds about right.

On a Z71, you might only need some lift with the cutting. The narrower track might actually help with fender clearance.
I'm not opposed to some cutting if it will look good, and I buy the thing out.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:03 pm
Sounds about right.

On a Z71, you might only need some lift with the cutting. The narrower track might actually help with fender clearance.
:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:08 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:05 pm

Wifey is on-board with lifting the truck too, she just requested that I get some off-road steps so she and munchkin can get in easier. :popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:08 pm
Wifey is on-board with lifting the truck too, she just requested that I get some off-road steps so she and munchkin can get in easier. :popcorn:
At stock ride height, I feel like steps get in the way more than anything.

But with a lift, they're much more helpful. :megusta:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

AEV dropping some Bison flares on the open market now...

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product ... er-flares/

They're attached higher up via drilling. :notsure: on what tire size these clear doe.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:30 pm AEV dropping some Bison flares on the open market now...

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product ... er-flares/

They're attached higher up via drilling. :notsure: on what tire size these clear doe.
If these are just the Bison flares like they claim, they don't do anything other than look cool. They do stick out just a bit further to cover more tire width, but it's marginal.

ZR2 fenders are drilled for ZR2 flares, and the Bison flares use the same holes. Hence the drilling needed for non-ZR2 trucks.
ChrisoftheNorth

I see AEV released their rear bumper for the Colorado. I'd absolutely pick this thing up if I were keeping my truck. The added recovery points are awesome, along with the corner protection and light mounts. :megusta:

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product ... ar-bumper/
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:39 pm I see AEV released their rear bumper for the Colorado. I'd absolutely pick this thing up if I were keeping my truck. The added recovery points are awesome, along with the corner protection and light mounts. :megusta:

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product ... ar-bumper/
:dat:
I love that rear bumper!
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh man, and the skid plates...

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product ... -colorado/

That t-case skid plate is a work of art.
ChrisoftheNorth

Probably a good thing I'm pretty certain my truck is going back, I'd probably light a few grand on fire with AEV quickly.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:42 pm Probably a good thing I'm pretty certain my truck is going back, I'd probably light a few grand on fire with AEV quickly.
:troywax: :wasteful: :thisisfine:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:41 pm Oh man, and the skid plates...

Damn it, man! I was trying to avoid looking at those!

:fap:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:42 pm Probably a good thing I'm pretty certain my truck is going back, I'd probably light a few grand on fire with AEV quickly.
:troywax: :wasteful: :thisisfine:
Big time. AEV stuff is so :jimp:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:41 pm Oh man, and the skid plates...

All you "need" is the engine and t-case skid. The exhaust crossover would be a nice addition too.

Those on a Z71 with a leveling kit and 33's (slight trimming required, easy) would be pretty perfect.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:46 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm

All you "need" is the engine and t-case skid. The exhaust crossover would be a nice addition too.

Those on a Z71 with a leveling kit and 33's (slight trimming required, easy) would be pretty perfect.
I already run the OEM-ZR2 skids for the Z71; would the AEV engine skid be that much of an upgrade?
That t-case skid would be well worth the investment over the stock "skid" though.

There is a front leveling kit sitting in my closet as well speak too...
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:46 pm

I already run the OEM-ZR2 skids for the Z71; would the AEV engine skid be that much of an upgrade?
That t-case skid would be well worth the investment over the stock "skid" though.

Oh, no...I wouldn't upgrade the engine skid. The aluminum one is fine for the wheeling you'll do.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:03 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:59 pm

Oh, no...I wouldn't upgrade the engine skid. The aluminum one is fine for the wheeling you'll do.
:megusta: :evilplan:
ChrisoftheNorth

ChrisoftheNorth

I've done the Mojave Road a few times in my XJ and my JK...it's no joke and a ton of fun. Results are predictable.
Apex

I saw this posted to AEV's facetube page and people there were bitching that the Bison wasn't stock, the Gladiator would have owned it if it weren't for the third-party AEV add-ons to the Colorado. :lol:

Guess a factory model that you can buy from a dealership counts as modified?
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:16 pm
I saw this posted to AEV's facetube page and people there were bitching that the Bison wasn't stock, the Gladiator would have owned it if it weren't for the third-party AEV add-ons to the Colorado. :lol:

Wait what? That was a stock Bison...exactly as it leaves Wentzville.

Are they arguing that the Bison isn't a stock Colorado? It's not...but that's the entire point. You can roll into any dealer and do nothing more than sign the paperwork for that truck and go do those things for $10k less than a comparable Gladiator Rubicon. And the shorter wheelbase makes the Bison just as capable despite the smaller tires.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:20 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:16 pm

Are they arguing that the Bison isn't a stock Colorado? It's not...but that's the entire point. You can roll into any dealer and do nothing more than sign the paperwork for that truck and go do those things for $10k less than a comparable Gladiator Rubicon. And the shorter wheelbase makes the Bison just as capable despite the smaller tires.
Internet people were bashing the Bison because they don't think it's a stock vehicle, when it is a different trim level such as a Rubicon vs. Sport. Stock meaning you can buy it from the dealership and take delivery exactly how it left the factory.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:27 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:20 pm

Internet people were bashing the Bison because they don't think it's a stock vehicle, when it is a different trim level such as a Rubicon vs. Sport. Stock meaning you can buy it from the dealership and take delivery exactly how it left the factory.
Wow. That wouldn't be the case if I had any money to market the damned truck. Using PR for product placement like this MT review is the best I could do...and that still didn't work apparently.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:43 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:27 pm

Wow. That wouldn't be the case if I had any money to market the damned truck. Using PR for product placement like this MT review is the best I could do...and that still didn't work apparently.
Dang...
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:45 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:43 pm
Dang...
:dat:

So many mixed emotions from me. I'm glad I'm not there anymore, and I think it's really sad the direction the company is going, but then reading this stuff about how great the ZR2 and Bison in particular are...both of which were my "babies"...makes me both proud and still a touch nostalgic (I think that's the word I'm looking for) at the same time.