Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:49 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:47 pm

:yeahok:

It doesn't fit in your garage, yet you say it's easy to park? You can't park it at your own house despite being The Stig's 'Murican Cousin who is the greatest :truk: parker in the world...
It won't fit in my garage either, but my garage barely fits a :meata:

Doesn't make my truck hard to park. :science:
If your :truk: physically does not fit in your parking space, then it is by definition infinitely difficult to park.

The idea of "It's easy to park if you ONLY try to park it in yuuuge spaces, ignoring all of the rest and inconveniencing yourself on a daily basis in order to have the bliss that is truckdom" is fucking stupid. By that logic a real aircraft carrier is easy to :dock: - as long as you never take it anywhere but open ocean.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:53 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:49 pm

It won't fit in my garage either, but my garage barely fits a :meata:

Doesn't make my truck hard to park. :science:
If your :truk: physically does not fit in your parking space, then it is by definition infinitely difficult to park.

The idea of "It's easy to park if you ONLY try to park it in yuuuge spaces, ignoring all of the rest and inconveniencing yourself on a daily basis in order to have the bliss that is truckdom" is fucking stupid. By that logic a real aircraft carrier is easy to :dock: - as long as you never take it anywhere but open ocean.
Garage is not the only parking space available. Plenty of driveway parking at Casa de Reptar.

Yuuuuge spaces must be standard sized parking spaces, because I have not had an issue parking mine. Pull into the spot, put truck in park, turn off truck and hop out. :iono: must be doing it :wrong:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:57 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:53 pm

:facepalm:

My garage was built in the 1930s, most likely. It's small. It's not a parking space for even a modern midsize sedan. Following your logic, a Mazderp6 is hard to park as well.

:derp:

I'd argue outside of finding a street parking spot long enough to fit the :truk: - it's easier to park than the :meata: because I have a backup camera that makes parallel parking infinitely easier and don't have to care about curbs or who I'm parked between.
A Mazda6 might be closer in length to your :truk: than to a :meata: or hatchback, that's one of my biggest concerns about getting one. It's like 192" long - that wouldn't fit in my garage either, not with enough space to still walk between it and the workbench. Big cars are big.

Again, if you have to hunt for a specific XL-sized spot then your vehicle is harder to park than one which does not require such extra effort and inconvenience. How is this not obvious?

"I can't park there, I have to keep looking for a :dedong: spot" == "My vehicle is more difficult to park than one which would fit here"
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

The only place my :truk: doesn't fit is the garage built in 1910 to house horses. My :poorvette: doesn't even fit well.

My :truk: fits everywhere else. I never have to search for larger spots or whatever, it can go anywhere and I like that. Parallel parking, parking garages, I've taken it everywhere.

The Silverado was certainly harder to fit in places due to the width. I'll agree that it required compromises.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Devilchrono wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:43 pm

:dat:

It won't fit in my garage, which I miss, but the house was built in the 60's and it is what it is. Most newer construction, or better laid out floor plans and it'd fit just fine.

We went down town this past weekend in the truck and I made a guy in a IS250 look really bad with parallel parking. He took almost 5 full minutes to park that thing, while I just went around him to a spot further up the street, parked the truck and had time to get my son out and in his stroller before he was parked. I don't get why the idea that these things are hard to park keeps getting brought up, cause they're not. Parking garages are the only things that still give me anxiety, since some of ours are fairly old and I don't truly know if it'll fit in some of them.

It doesn't fit in your garage, yet you say it's easy to park? You can't park it at your own house despite being The Stig's 'Murican Cousin who is the greatest :truk: parker in the world...
:baby: :baby:

Never said I couldn't park it at my house, thanks for trying to put words in my mouth. Garage isn't tall enough for it to fit because of a steel I-beam that runs right through the middle of the roof. It would fit length wise just fine. If I wanted to back it into the garage, it'd fit as well, but it's not worth the hassle. The fact that I can back it into my driveway, my wife has an entire side to get to the garage, and we have extra storage space for stuff in the other side of our 2 car garage is a bonus.

The fact that you, who is probably one of the best drivers on the board, continues to harp and complain about vehicles that you refuse to drive and therefore have no first hand knowledge of is one of the most aggravating things I've run across. You've got a very obscure and narrow world view, and I've found that dealing with people that refuse to adapt is just completely fucking pointless. So, continue to believe what you wish, but you're gonna have to learn to deal with the fact that :wrong: at some point in your life when it comes to that view point. Once you do that, maybe you'll be a happier and more sociable person. Until then, back to the old ignore list you go. Good day sir. :fancy:
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:48 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:43 pm

:dat:

It won't fit in my garage, which I miss, but the house was built in the 60's and it is what it is. Most newer construction, or better laid out floor plans and it'd fit just fine.

We went down town this past weekend in the truck and I made a guy in a IS250 look really bad with parallel parking. He took almost 5 full minutes to park that thing, while I just went around him to a spot further up the street, parked the truck and had time to get my son out and in his stroller before he was parked. I don't get why the idea that these things are hard to park keeps getting brought up, cause they're not. Parking garages are the only things that still give me anxiety, since some of ours are fairly old and I don't truly know if it'll fit in some of them.
Image @ that guy
Even my wife was trying hard not to laugh at him as we walked past.
ChrisoftheNorth

:ohdang: :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Devilchrono wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:38 pmIf I wanted to back it into the garage, it'd fit as well, but it's not worth the hassle.
Wait, so you mean that parking your :truk: is a hassle? :themoreyouknow:

That was the whole fucking point. Parking those things in tight spaces is a hassle (when it's even possible) so you avoid that to make it "easy" on yourself.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:43 pm Still laughing at the :fancy:

:lolol:
:bow: :bow:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:43 pm Still laughing at the :fancy:

:dat: :lolol:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Devilchrono wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:38 pm

:baby: :baby:

Never said I couldn't park it at my house, thanks for trying to put words in my mouth. Garage isn't tall enough for it to fit because of a steel I-beam that runs right through the middle of the roof. It would fit length wise just fine. If I wanted to back it into the garage, it'd fit as well, but it's not worth the hassle. The fact that I can back it into my driveway, my wife has an entire side to get to the garage, and we have extra storage space for stuff in the other side of our 2 car garage is a bonus.

The fact that you, who is probably one of the best drivers on the board, continues to harp and complain about vehicles that you refuse to drive and therefore have no first hand knowledge of is one of the most aggravating things I've run across. You've got a very obscure and narrow world view, and I've found that dealing with people that refuse to adapt is just completely fucking pointless. So, continue to believe what you wish, but you're gonna have to learn to deal with the fact that :wrong: at some point in your life when it comes to that view point. Once you do that, maybe you'll be a happier and more sociable person. Until then, back to the old ignore list you go. Good day sir. :fancy:
:impressive: use of restraint, logic, and reason to get your point across. Wish more members did the same.

:amaze:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:17 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:32 pm

:impressive: use of restraint, logic, and reason to get your point across. Wish more members did the same.

Hey fuck you pal. :sissyfight:

I will apologize for yesterday, a time out for a few hours did me some good.
:mindblown: Someone apologizing on DFD? :amazing:

Edit: Someone who is NOT Canadian.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:24 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:20 pm

I wanted to say it earlier but got sidetracked.

I've stood up for Max in the past, as he's an integral part of what makes DFD, DFD. It is what it is.

I'm having a bad month and I lashed out.
:word:
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:24 pm

I wanted to say it earlier but got sidetracked.

I've stood up for Max in the past, as he's an integral part of what makes DFD, DFD. It is what it is.

I'm having a bad month and I lashed out.
I had a very snarky post typed out in response to Troy and sat on it for a few minutes (helps I'm at work and got side tracked). After re-reading it, I deleted it and am just moving on with him on the ignore list; he's honestly not worth the time to argue/respond/acknowledge beyond what I've already done.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

:wub: glad we’re past it
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Go to your room and think about what you've done
Johnny_P

This is :popcorn:
Johnny_P

To Troy's point though.... yes these are in fact harder to park just anywhere on the street than something like a Golf or whatever due to the length, and that's the only reason I don't have one.

But I know I'm in a unique situation where I don't have anywhere off-street to park. All you people with driveways, trucks are NO ISSUE to own. Because you're usually schlepping them to/from suburbia where parking lots are gigantor and plentiful, and street parking has those little white lines to delineate spots that would fit a fucking bus.

If the spot is large enough, a truck is infinitely easier to park than a smalll car. They're easy af to see out of, and can just hop onto the curb NFG. I'd venture to say that 95% of this board does not experience parallel parking daily or even weekly.

So to argue that a truck is a hassle because you'll parallel park it once a month and may have to pass up a few spots to find one large enough is :mahtroy: please. When I borrowed my parents Ranger to move shit at college (similar length believe it or not), I had no problem street parking it those few times that I did it. i.e. problem is not applicable to vast majority of people on here.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:21 am To Troy's point though.... yes these are in fact harder to park just anywhere on the street than something like a Golf or whatever due to the length, and that's the only reason I don't have one.

But I know I'm in a unique situation where I don't have anywhere off-street to park. All you people with driveways, trucks are NO ISSUE to own. Because you're usually schlepping them to/from suburbia where parking lots are gigantor and plentiful, and street parking has those little white lines to delineate spots that would fit a fucking bus.

If the spot is large enough, a truck is infinitely easier to park than a smalll car. They're easy af to see out of, and can just hop onto the curb NFG. I'd venture to say that 95% of this board does not experience parallel parking daily or even weekly.

So to argue that a truck is a hassle because you'll parallel park it once a month and may have to pass up a few spots to find one large enough is :mahtroy: please. When I borrowed my parents Ranger to move shit at college (similar length believe it or not), I had no problem street parking it those few times that I did it. i.e. problem is not applicable to vast majority of people on here.
I couldn't tell you the last time I had to parallel park somewhere. No driveway or garage here either.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:23 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:21 am To Troy's point though.... yes these are in fact harder to park just anywhere on the street than something like a Golf or whatever due to the length, and that's the only reason I don't have one.

I couldn't tell you the last time I had to parallel park somewhere. No driveway or garage here either.
Right. So who cares. Our trucks were fucking awesome to own when we lived in suburbia. I never had an issue where even my F150 (they were smaller in 1999) was too large for somewhere. Canyonado is about the same size as that was, I'm sure it's fine.

And contrary to forumbro belief, parking vehicles outside is perfectly fine.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:26 am

Right. So who cares. Our trucks were fucking awesome to own when we lived in suburbia. I never had an issue where even my F150 (they were smaller in 1999) was too large for somewhere. Canyonado is about the same size as that was, I'm sure it's fine.

Parking vehicles outside is fine, but they absolutely wear faster than when they're inside. Paint, rubber, plastic parts, it all wears out quicker.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:31 am

Parking vehicles outside is fine, but they absolutely wear faster than when they're inside. Paint, rubber, plastic parts, it all wears out quicker.
None of us here keep vehicles long enough for that to make a damn bit of difference.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:32 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:31 am
None of us here keep vehicles long enough for that to make a damn bit of difference.
Trueish, but what's amazing is how ratty both of my trucks started to look after a year of living outside 100% of the time. Rubber and plastic starting to fade just a tad. Paint doesn't shine up as well as it used to.

vs. my 16 year old :poorvette: that's spent its entire life in a garage and still looks new.
max225

:howdareyou:

Mud behind tail lights bruh