Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:55 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:53 pm

No ban no wall bruh. :yikes: 2 million lovely people will certainly add nothing but order and prosperity to the German way of life.
Hey. You always need more pretzel vendors.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You think they'll work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:15 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Hey. You always need more pretzel vendors.
I could ask my sister, she lives outside Frankfurt.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:17 pm

Social beni's are way better than in the US. It makes more "Sense" to collect a paychecks and breed like they do, and not to work because that's for suckers.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/ger ... 03143.html
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:20 pm

Social beni's are way better than in the US. It makes more "Sense" to collect a paychecks and breed like they do, and not to work because that's for suckers.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/ger ... 03143.html
:howdareu: :racist: :ban: :triggered:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

you should ask.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:40 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:01 am Came here for Volkswagens, found :impressive: levels of negativity.
I still love the GTI. :iono:

:plaid: love is real.
They're pretty sweet cars... it was weird how when I test drove one this time around I just kinda immediately :nope: . I think it's just due to desire to not actually be :plac: and get the same car with one in between. I should've traded the C5 in for one, then sold it for a C5 six months later.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:35 pm

They're pretty sweet cars... it was weird how when I test drove one this time around I just kinda immediately :nope: . I think it's just due to desire to not actually be :plac: and get the same car with one in between. I should've traded the C5 in for one, then sold it for a C5 six months later.
I'd have a tough time with this choice. Although I was leaning towards honda civic hatch over GTI also, it wasn't due to metrics that could be quantified :doe: a 1 year old gti (sport or se) is superior in every way.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:55 pm

I'd have a tough time with this choice. Although I was leaning towards honda civic hatch over GTI also, it wasn't due to metrics that could be quantified :doe: a 1 year old gti (sport or se) is superior in every way.
Yeah, I agree with all of that. I just liked the 'vic in an un-quantifiable way. It just felt great sitting in it :gay:

Plus, getting something new for the same-ish price as what that would've been used was nice. Maybe someday I'll actually get the car and be able to report back on how I like it.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:58 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:55 pm
Yeah, I agree with all of that. I just liked the 'vic in an un-quantifiable way. It just felt great sitting in it :gay:

Plus, getting something new for the same-ish price as what that would've been used was nice. Maybe someday I'll actually get the car and be able to report back on how I like it.
Bunch of fake news when it comes to your vehicle purchase... all that rushing to "buy" it and you haven't picked it up and it has almost been a week since. :gay:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Frankfurt airport has pretzel stands too, so :iono:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:00 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:58 pm

Bunch of fake news when it comes to your vehicle purchase... all that rushing to "buy" it and you haven't picked it up and it has almost been a week since. :gay:
:bruh: I'm in New York.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Cooler weather is setting in. Much excite TBH. I love the winter shit for all new kinds of adventures. The summer tars are still great even at 50F, but I'm able to chirp them a bit before Haldex kicks in. It's a flawed system (compared to Subarus awd & magic diffs) but is only noticeable in the conditions noted above while on the road.

Aside from AWD I can weigh in on over one year of ownership, and 26k miles. The :gorf: is solid, defects to date only included the drivers side kessy door handle lock sensor which was fixed while doing an oil change. The car is difficult to repair and that's primarily due to the rediculous German tolerance BS. Even the tech at VW had problems with the disassembly and left two pry bar dents in the paint right by the base of the handle. They were small, and the tech and dealer felt bad and touch up paint was applied. I gave them a hard time in private/in person but still have a good relationship with my staff there. Two visits since, perfect surveys.

If I get time I'll polish up the winter wheel set and plan to throw it in like 3rd week of October since we usually get a bit of freezing rain around Halloween and a first light snow fall in mid or late Nov. Things are busy so it's low priority.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:dat: I'm still happy with my GTI and don't want to let it go anytime soon, but at the same time, when the time does come, I will jump the VAG ship. So either WRX, 5.oh (used), 10th si, wrangler JL sport or sport s. I miss :manuel:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I literally saw another mk7 GTI with a turkish slogan on the personalized plate says "GEL AMK" means come and AMK stands for amina kodugum, means fucked you right in the pussy. It's usually used another way of saying come fuck with me. I wanted to say it out loud to him, but I don't want a roadrage by another triggered shithole country native.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:22 pm :gorf: sales got a nice boost.

https://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswage ... s-go-roof/
227 Units of pure FURY moved. :fuckyeah: vs 397 beetle convertibles.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SUV sales continue to expand VW’s reach with consumers,” said Derrick Hatami, executive vice president of sales, marketing and after sales for VWoA. “The all-new Tiguan and Chattanooga-built Atlas have accounted for more than 40 percent of our sales year-to-date and we see momentum building with total SUV sales up more than 42 percent in September.
#SaveTheNonSUV’s
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

that's what happens when Evo is out of the AWD econo car competition, STI popping ringlands like nobodys business, Focus RS gotten a huge recall, even worse after tuning, but any flaws with the Golf R that was so common?? :notsure:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:00 pm

that's what happens when Evo is out of the AWD econo car competition, STI popping ringlands like nobodys business, Focus RS gotten a huge recall, even worse after tuning, but any flaws with the Golf R that was so common?? :notsure:
Curious as to how many STI's, Fuckus RS', and Hype R's were sold for the year too.

3,120 :gorf: 's isn't bad at all for the year.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:13 pm

Curious as to how many STI's, Fuckus RS', and Hype R's were sold for the year too.

type R is FWD doe, so I didn't count that. But considering the ridicilous mark-ups, sales aren't that great.

From what I can list, best to worst, atleast as far as 2018 and judging by how often I've witnessed them on the road.
1) R
2) STI
3) RS
4) Type R
max225

So according to this logic... 5000 Model 3s made in a week= :disgust: 3120 for 10 months of Golf R = :notbad:

:hubba: :hubba: DFD
max225

FWIW, Subaru doesn't break out STI/WRX combined total 2172 for the month 22k YTD down 10% vs prior vs everything else being up.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:36 pm

So according to this logic... 5000 Model 3s made in a week= :disgust: 3120 for 10 months of Golf R = :notbad:

:hubba: :hubba: DFD
:gorf: isn't aiming to be a volume car though. And I'm not a tesla hater on here.
max225

IIRC Golf R always sold 5k units for a given year and that's it. I was ONLY supposed to be around once every 4 years...
2004 5k Units
2008 5k units
2012 FUBARED it ...3500 units and 2013 1700 units and FLATBRIMBROS DUMPED THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT RARE AND SPECIAL ANYMO... :fullretard: I think 2012 was really tough for golf R sales as we were coming out of recession and ain't nobody buying 40k manual golfs.

2015+ has been selling around that... 2-4k annually to vapers.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:46 pm IIRC Golf R always sold 5k units for a given year and that's it. I was ONLY supposed to be around once every 4 years...
2004 5k Units
2008 5k units
2012 FUBARED it ...3500 units and 2013 1700 units and FLATBRIMBROS DUMPED THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT RARE AND SPECIAL ANYMO... :fullretard: I think 2012 was really tough for golf R sales as we were coming out of recession and ain't nobody buying 40k manual golfs.

2015+ has been selling around that... 2-4k annually to vapers.
Right. Mk4 and Mk5 were limited to 1 year each and 5k units for the US. 2012 and 2013 were the first years they didn't put a number on production.

2-4k annually doesn't seem bad for a limited production car. VW doesn't push them at all.