Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:22 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:15 pm
Hello. White egg was registered to my dad, so he flew in the weekend of the :dill: to “return” the MK6. MK6 lease payments were $477/month, and I returned the vehicle with 67,675 (approx. 7,675 miles over). The mk6 had 2 payments left on the car, plus mileage overages that we paid up front (put it into the MK7.5 and then put $2,500 down to get approved on the loan).

MK7.5 came out to $530/month for 72 months at 5.64% (with dad as a co-signer but not co-owner). This includes GAP insurance and Road Hazard package :dillerman: . The main reason I elected to even fathom a 72 month loan is the 6/72,000 warranty. The MK7.5 was, if you don’t factor the remaining lease payments and mileage fee, acquired for sticker price OTD (including tax/title/etc).

I qualified for recent graduate, SCCA partner, and some MFR rebates which took a few thousand off the car.

All in all, never leasing again, and the interest rate is a bit higher because I am 23 with minimal credit history and a somewhat poor credit score (due to my parents putting me on some of their accounts and then electing to consolidate without removing me). This will be a keeper for the long haul, and considering I work for PenFed I will re-finance 6-12 months down the road.

Also, :dillerman: elected to buy my mk6 so I was absolved of any other fees including wear & tear, maintenance, disposition, etc.

I plan on keeping the GTI for 72,000 at minimum, if not for as long as I can since this would be the first “car that’s mine on my name” sort of thing.

All in all, I am paying insurance and difference, and parents are paying $500 of the total payment. So I’m payinf about $200/month more than I was before (insurance is $170/mo for full coverage). I am saving my parents the insurance payment so they’re happy with that and we will slowly transition into me paying more and more as pay goes up for my job/career trajectory.
Thanks for posting the deets. I feel like they were missing and I actually searched in other threads.
:notbad: deal... so the VW cost around ~2500 to turn in ($1500 for miles and $1000 for payments)?

~530x72 is around 38k... so I am assuming you got the car for around 32k OTD and rest is interest...? 5.6% isn't "bad" per say... that's a long ass loan.

How are you liking the MK7 so far? What spec is it ?SE ?
It is an SE, yes. It is great. MQB is a great platform and VW nailed the facelift.

$32,800 ORD + GAP insurance ($7-8xx) + road hazard ($850) so the remaining would be interest, yes. And it got me out of a shit lease deal. All in all I think it was the best outcome in terms of circumstances and context of deal.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:26 pm
Hello. White egg was registered to my dad, so he flew in the weekend of the :dill: to “return” the MK6. MK6 lease payments were $477/month, and I returned the vehicle with 67,675 (approx. 7,675 miles over). The mk6 had 2 payments left on the car, plus mileage overages that we paid up front (put it into the MK7.5 and then put $2,500 down to get approved on the loan).

MK7.5 came out to $530/month for 72 months at 5.64% (with dad as a co-signer but not co-owner). This includes GAP insurance and Road Hazard package :dillerman: . The main reason I elected to even fathom a 72 month loan is the 6/72,000 warranty. The MK7.5 was, if you don’t factor the remaining lease payments and mileage fee, acquired for sticker price OTD (including tax/title/etc).

I qualified for recent graduate, SCCA partner, and some MFR rebates which took a few thousand off the car.

All in all, never leasing again, and the interest rate is a bit higher because I am 23 with minimal credit history and a somewhat poor credit score (due to my parents putting me on some of their accounts and then electing to consolidate without removing me). This will be a keeper for the long haul, and considering I work for PenFed I will re-finance 6-12 months down the road.

Also, :dillerman: elected to buy my mk6 so I was absolved of any other fees including wear & tear, maintenance, disposition, etc.

I plan on keeping the GTI for 72,000 at minimum, if not for as long as I can since this would be the first “car that’s mine on my name” sort of thing.

All in all, I am paying insurance and difference, and parents are paying $500 of the total payment. So I’m payinf about $200/month more than I was before (insurance is $170/mo for full coverage). I am saving my parents the insurace payment so they’re happy with that and we will slowly transition into me paying more and more as pay goes up for my job/career trajectory.
About the SCCA partner, is about being with someone thats a member of SCCA Autocross or something along the lines?
SCCA partner means if you get an SCCA membership (I got “youth” under 25 year old one) they give you $500 off of a VW. excluding Gf R
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:37 pm

About the SCCA partner, is about being with someone thats a member of SCCA Autocross or something along the lines?
SCCA partner means if you get an SCCA membership (I got “youth” under 25 year old one) they give you $500 off of a VW. excluding Gf R
[user not found] hookups eh?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

All in all, I am paying insurance and difference, and parents are paying $500 of the total payment. So I’m payinf about $200/month more than I was before (insurance is $170/mo for full coverage). I am saving my parents the insurace payment so they’re happy with that and we will slowly transition into me paying more and more as pay goes up for my job/career trajectory.
Southern California Communist Association.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:41 pm

Southern Commifornia Communist Association.
:dat:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:39 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:37 pm

[user not found] hookups eh?
He pretty much told me what to do. And I did.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Secret Car Club of America
brain go brrrrrr
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:56 pm

Sport Car Club of America
DANKE!!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:32 pm
max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks for posting the deets. I feel like they were missing and I actually searched in other threads.
:notbad: deal... so the VW cost around ~2500 to turn in ($1500 for miles and $1000 for payments)?

~530x72 is around 38k... so I am assuming you got the car for around 32k OTD and rest is interest...? 5.6% isn't "bad" per say... that's a long ass loan.

How are you liking the MK7 so far? What spec is it ?SE ?
since i'm essentially rudy's neighbor, i'll explain the deets.

It's an SE. However, mk7.5 changed the options a lot. It does not have leather seats nor fender. But it does have the performance package specs, and the sunroof. The speedo is exactly the same as my mk7, so no digital speedo. But dat head unit :jizz:
Oh wow so the leather+moonroof went to the higher spec's now? It was super confusing since it was previously reserved for autobahns only.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Last edited by Tar on Mon May 21, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Rudy: I have a Thule squarebar roof rack setup with a fairing and locks for sale. You'll just need to buy the foot kit for the mounts... $250. Basically new condition. Collecting dust in garage.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

You know what I really dont miss form jumping :jeep: ship.

The fucking owners that want to wave at you. ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Then the few that get legit offended and stare you down if you dont see them and wave.

teh jeep wave is :derp: and WAY over played. Its too common a fucking vehicle. Some days Id pass a jeep every 5 seconds and each owner waved.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:23 pm I still really like VW's and look back fondly on my ownershit of them.

There's still nothing better than a GTI for a sporty all-arounder IMO.
I miss my TDI at points ...
500 miles to a tank
0fg part it anywhere because short
Cheap diesel
Decent handling

But the civic Sport does the exact same thing with a bit more power for less... :yikes:
I really do miss my 2011 :manuel:
twas a great car and I should not have sold. Before the diesel gate shit too.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

dubshow wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:59 pm You know what I really dont miss form jumping :jeep: ship.

The fucking owners that want to wave at you. ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Then the few that get legit offended and stare you down if you dont see them and wave.

teh jeep wave is :derp: and WAY over played. Its too common a fucking vehicle. Some days Id pass a jeep every 5 seconds and each owner waved.
I could see that. WRX wave is strong. I'll be stopped at a light, look over, and dude 3 cars away is literally :hai: at me until I wave. :lol: It's somewhat annoying.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:07 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:59 pm You know what I really dont miss form jumping :jeep: ship.

I could see that. WRX wave is strong. I'll be stopped at a light, look over, and dude 3 cars away is literally :hai: at me until I wave. :lol: It's somewhat annoying.
Wow, you people suck. No pride of ownershit? In it together, etc?

Corvette people wave. I usually do a finger tip in the steering wheel. C7's won't recognize my poverty C5, :doe:

The Jeep wave has been around for ages.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Hello, I am :wap: and own a 2011 :turboyaris: .with about 61k miles. I've had to replace a total of one water pump and one intake manifold in 34 years of VW ownership, and that was about 32 years ago on my Scirocco. Also, all 4 of my Dubs had sunroofs and none of them ever leaked.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I probably get waived to about 33% of the time I pass other Jeeps. It's infrequently enough that I don't mind doing it back to most of the ones that do it, and :aintcare: if I didn't realize they did it until it was too late.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:triggered:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:07 pm

I could see that. WRX wave is strong. I'll be stopped at a light, look over, and dude 3 cars away is literally :hai: at me until I wave. :lol: It's really fucking annoying.
FTFY.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:40 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:32 pm

since i'm essentially rudy's neighbor, i'll explain the deets.

It's an SE. However, mk7.5 changed the options a lot. It does not have leather seats nor fender. But it does have the performance package specs, and the sunroof. The speedo is exactly the same as my mk7, so no digital speedo. But dat head unit :jizz:
Oh wow so the leather+moonroof went to the higher spec's now? It was super confusing since it was previously reserved for autobahns only.
he still has moonroof. leather and sound system are optional extras on the SE now.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

32k gti w/o fender?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:26 pm 32k gti w/o fender?
That's the MSRP
Leather +$695
Didn't see an option for stereo :yikes:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Or you see some base Jeep with pizza cutters for tires and you don't want to give them the pleasure of the wave.

One day I was cruising down the interstate with the top down and 2 chicks pull up to me and started flashing me. Affirmed my decision to buy a Jeep while in college when I couldnt really afford it.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

One night I was driving down the road and someone flashed their lights at me like I was bright lighting them.....I wasn't....so I turned on my brights and the 7 Baja lights I had....
razr390

Fender audio is great but not a selling point. The stereo in this car is years better than my non-premium stereo in Mk6 so :aintcare: