Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

2019 :gorf: configurator is up. Nothing really to configure but you can see all the colors.

http://www.vw.com/models/golf-r/trims/2 ... trim/edit/
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:20 pm 2019 :gorf: configurator is up. Nothing really to configure but you can see all the colors.

Wait... you can get ALL THOSE colors ? $2500 charge but still that's nuts.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:25 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:20 pm 2019 :gorf: configurator is up. Nothing really to configure but you can see all the colors.

Wait... you can get ALL THOSE colors ? $2500 charge but still that's nuts.
Yep. You can also get black pretoria's now as a $235 option. Wish they stuck with the silver ones as standard but it's definitely worth the cost to upgrade over the englishtowns.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

SQUIRREL GRAY
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I'm kinda digging this Rabbit spec GTI. Seems to be the ultimate :unicorn: spec Mk7 although it looks like it has poverty radio inside.

Black pretorias look good.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:02 pm I'm kinda digging this Rabbit spec GTI. Seems to be the ultimate :unicorn: spec Mk7 although it looks like it has poverty radio inside.

:like:
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:02 pm I'm kinda digging this Rabbit spec GTI. Seems to be the ultimate :unicorn: spec Mk7 although it looks like it has poverty radio inside.

:neat: what are teh deets on this edition?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:27 pm

:neat: what are teh deets on this edition?
It's pretty much the sport trim from 2017 but with a couple new colors and different ramz.

This cornflower blue and and urano grey are new. You can also get it in black or white. Black mirror caps and a black spoiler to go along with no sunroof.
max225

Cornhole blue and uranus gray :impressive: I like this spec
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote:Cornhole blue and uranus gray :impressive: I like this spec
:doit:

I bet the VW diller gives loaners.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I like the blue one a lot.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:03 pm I like the blue one a lot.
:dat: :jimp:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I'm hoping and praying someone that bought this will be selling his stock :ramz: in the mid-atlantic/northeast. They'll compliment my csg and I'm a sucker for glossed black
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

That blue is cool. I dunno about all the red accents with it but :neat: overall.
Needs some wheel spacers bad.
I'm so over black wheels.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:01 pm
max225 wrote:Cornhole blue and uranus gray :impressive: I like this spec
:doit:

I bet the VW diller gives loaners.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Mine does.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:49 pm That blue is cool. I dunno about all the red accents with it but :neat: overall.
Needs some wheel spacers bad.
I'm so over black wheels.
I like the blekk :ramz: on my C5.5 and flamboyant colors like green or orange but that's where it stops for me.

I also totally agree with the red accents thing. Pitching the red trim would be difficult bc of the red grill lines carrying themselves in the headlights.

The GTI is actually great looking in a white/grey paint that came out this year... Gotta work with that red stripe.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Looks like 2021 for the Mk8 which will remain on the MQB platform.

Curious about the new :gorf: body style.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1505 ... know-news/
UPDATE 12/10/18: We now have confirmation that the next-generation Volkswagen Golf will begin production for the European market in fall 2019, as VW shared more details with investors at an event December 6. It also revealed a teaser photo showing the new Golf's silhouette. Expect to wait about a year after the car's European launch for it to reach the U.S., as the new-generation car should reach our shores in calendar-year 2020.

What It Is: The next and eighth generation of the Golf, Volkswagen’s global best-seller. It comes later than expected—VW project development got sidetracked by the diesel scandal—and it represents a relatively small technological step forward from the current Golf Mark 7, which migrated to the MQB platform from the previous model’s PQ35 bones. The eighth-gen Golf retains the current model’s proportions, but it will get a front graphic treatment reminiscent of VWs from a few generations back, marking a departure from the current Golf’s mug. The Golf R will be more dramatically differentiated from the regular lineup than it is today, with a wider body.

Why It Matters: The Golf 8 will need to continue generating the nameplate’s usual large profits, since VW is planning to spend them on the global rollout of electric and electrified vehicles. And the car will need to make gains in efficiency now that the company is slowly weaning itself away from diesel propulsion, a field in which it used to claim leadership. Further, it will need to cater to VW’s traditional owners and aficionados who love their Golfs, SportWagens, GTIs, and Golf Rs just the way they are.

Platform: The upcoming Golf will remain on the MQB transverse-engine platform that underpins today’s Golf and is shared with a number of VW Group vehicles, including the Audi TT and VW’s large SUV, the Atlas. The electronic architecture will be updated with improved hardware to facilitate a user interface employing large screens, swiping and gesture-control functions, and a large optional head-up display.

Powertrain: The next Golf will be offered with a 1.0-liter inline-three (not for the United States), mid-level turbocharged 1.5-liter inline-fours in various states of tune, a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four in the GTI, and possibly a 3.0-liter V-6 in the Golf R. Europe will also see 2.0-liter diesel engines. The four-cylinder mills likely will be fitted with a 48-volt hybrid system, while the battery-powered e-Golf will be discontinued in favor of more stand-alone EVs. We expect to see optional all-wheel drive (it will be standard on the Golf R) available on more than just the lifted Alltrack wagon and a choice of six-speed manual or seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmissions.

Estimated Arrival and Price: The next Golf will be launched in international markets in the fall of 2019; the U.S. will likely get the car in 2020 as a 2021 model. Pricing is expected to remain close to that of the current Golf lineup, which currently ranges from $20,715 for the entry-level model to $40,195 for the top-of-the-line Golf R.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Hey fellow MK7 bros - would any of you mind snapping a picture of your passenger side fenderwell with the wheel turned all the way out? After the :dillerman: fucked my suspension and bent the passenger side end link, the end link worked its way behind the liner and partially tore it away from the fender. Now even with the end link replaced it's catching on the liner...the whole thing just seems to close to the inside of the fender itself. Wondering if maybe something else is out of whack under there and could use a healthy car to compare to. Thanks!

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

coogles wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:34 am Hey fellow MK7 bros - would any of you mind snapping a picture of your passenger side fenderwell with the wheel turned all the way out? After the :dillerman: fucked my suspension and bent the passenger side end link, the end link worked its way behind the liner and partially tore it away from the fender. Now even with the end link replaced it's catching on the liner...the whole thing just seems to close to the inside of the fender itself. Wondering if maybe something else is out of whack under there and could use a healthy car to compare to. Thanks!

:wtf:

Is Falcone your :dillerman:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:37 am :wtf:

The dealership I bought the car from near Louisville did this. I did buy the STi ( :( ) from Falcone, though. They're great to deal with.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

coogles wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:40 am
4zilch wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:37 am :wtf:

The dealership I bought the car from near Louisville did this. I did buy the STi ( :( ) from Falcone, though. They're great to deal with.
That's why I asked. I had my WRX into Falcone a couple times and had good experiences. I wasn't sure if they'd been slippin.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:24 pm Looks like 2021 for the Mk8 which will remain on the MQB platform.

Curious about the new :gorf: body style.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1505 ... know-news/
UPDATE 12/10/18: We now have confirmation that the next-generation Volkswagen Golf will begin production for the European market in fall 2019, as VW shared more details with investors at an event December 6. It also revealed a teaser photo showing the new Golf's silhouette. Expect to wait about a year after the car's European launch for it to reach the U.S., as the new-generation car should reach our shores in calendar-year 2020.

What It Is: The next and eighth generation of the Golf, Volkswagen’s global best-seller. It comes later than expected—VW project development got sidetracked by the diesel scandal—and it represents a relatively small technological step forward from the current Golf Mark 7, which migrated to the MQB platform from the previous model’s PQ35 bones. The eighth-gen Golf retains the current model’s proportions, but it will get a front graphic treatment reminiscent of VWs from a few generations back, marking a departure from the current Golf’s mug. The Golf R will be more dramatically differentiated from the regular lineup than it is today, with a wider body.

:notbad:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:34 am Hey fellow MK7 bros - would any of you mind snapping a picture of your passenger side fenderwell with the wheel turned all the way out? After the :dillerman: fucked my suspension and bent the passenger side end link, the end link worked its way behind the liner and partially tore it away from the fender. Now even with the end link replaced it's catching on the liner...the whole thing just seems to close to the inside of the fender itself. Wondering if maybe something else is out of whack under there and could use a healthy car to compare to. Thanks!

I have a :gorf: so it might look different. That still aint right tho. It should be touching anything.

how in the eff did the :dillerman: destroy your suspension??
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:49 pm Got a question for you VW boffins:

I've begun hearing a bit of a clunk, sounds kinda metallic, coming from the ass end when I hit bumps, but only sometimes. It's hard to repeat. Like it never happens when I go over RR tracks. Sometimes I think it only happens when the springs/shocks rebound and sometimes I think it's the spare tire moving around on that :dedong: big plastic bolt. Is this the infamous sub frame clunk I've heard about?
Wifes has a rear brake pad thats been missing its tension clip/spring. It rattles fiercely over small bumps. I need to take it apart and replace. I have a whole bag of clips if thats the issue.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:51 am That's why I asked. I had my WRX into Falcone a couple times and had good experiences. I wasn't sure if they'd been slippin.
The sales side was great, but I sort of rage quit on their service department. The first time I took the STi there for an oil change I asked them not to wash the car, but when I came out to get the car in that little drive-through next to the service advisors' desks, one of their $12/hr "detailers" had a dry BATH towel and was wiping off the hood. :wtf: Leaned over, one hand pressed on the hood, the other wiping back and forth with a friggen bath towel. When I asked him to stop he looked at me all confused and said "Oh, I'm just getting the loose dirt off." Right. Thank goodness for ceramic coatings.

Not the next visit, but the time after that for another oil change I'd noticed the service taking longer than the last two and went to bug my service advisor. It'd been an hour for just an oil change, this shit shouldn't take long. He told me "Oh, they're just about back from your test drive." Excuse me? Who the fuck said you could take my car for a test drive? Whoever took the car out put nearly 3 miles on the car, and it came back in Sport and not Intelligent like I'd left it. So, yeah. I e-mail the manager of their service department and let them know I wouldn't be back.