Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:54 am I saw a green GTI today. Someone at work got a brand new one, dealer paper tags and all.

It looks :notbad: I guess but it's not at all bright or flashy. Can't really even tell it's green until the sun hits it directly, it almost looks like a blue/black in the shade.

:notbad: overall, but they could have done a bit better IMO. It's a few shades darker than the typical Ford green of the late 90s. I can go stalk a pic if anyone :whocares: I think the red accents are wrong on it though, they should be silver because it looks too much like Christmas.

I think I'd go red or silver. Probably silver. Or that tungsten gray color of the R, which curiously is probably my favorite MK7 color.

Dat great falls green doe is :tits: thats the color i would get for sure if i were to get a mk7.5
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:54 am I saw a green GTI today. Someone at work got a brand new one, dealer paper tags and all.

It looks :notbad: I guess but it's not at all bright or flashy. Can't really even tell it's green until the sun hits it directly, it almost looks like a blue/black in the shade.

:notbad: overall, but they could have done a bit better IMO. It's a few shades darker than the typical Ford green of the late 90s. I can go stalk a pic if anyone :whocares: I think the red accents are wrong on it though, they should be silver because it looks too much like Christmas.

I think I'd go red or silver. Probably silver. Or that tungsten gray color of the R, which curiously is probably my favorite MK7 color.

Refinery dude with a gti?! :unicorn: how are you two not friends yet
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:03 am

Refinery dude with a gti?! :unicorn: how are you two not friends yet
There are a handful of performance-ish vehicles in the lot
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

razr390 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:37 pm Surprised he didn’t list the un-openable center console area. That’s definitely a “quirk”
Some 2018's do open. I guess that one did. :iono:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:13 am
razr390 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:37 pm Surprised he didn’t list the un-openable center console area. That’s definitely a “quirk”
Some 2018's do open. I guess that one did. :iono:
:mindblown:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Agreed that it's just a little too dark.. I see one at my Costco on the weekends sometimes.

I remember seeing pictures of a green MKVI GTD from Canada back in the day.. that was a good color green.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:19 pm Stumbled upon to this, this dougscore kinda makes me :rage: :bruh:

:disgust: I really dislike Demuro anymore... back in the "picking up chicks in a Ferrari" and "getting fast food in a RHD GTR" days, his content was pretty unique and fun. Now it's just all in the stupid details no one cares about and he doesn't give any meaningful info on driving the cars, plus production quality is nonexistent. Am I jealous of him? Yes. But his vids still suck.

I didn't watch the video but I'm sure it's "OMG R is better than the competition because of the way the logos are stitched in to the seats" or some other nonsense.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I didn't know green was available here on GTIs now... looks really awesome, IMO!
razr390

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:42 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:19 pm Stumbled upon to this, this dougscore kinda makes me :rage: :bruh:

:disgust: I really dislike Demuro anymore... back in the "picking up chicks in a Ferrari" and "getting fast food in a RHD GTR" days, his content was pretty unique and fun. Now it's just all in the stupid details no one cares about and he doesn't give any meaningful info on driving the cars, plus production quality is nonexistent. Am I jealous of him? Yes. But his vids still suck.

I didn't watch the video but I'm sure it's "OMG R is better than the competition because of the way the logos are stitched in to the seats" or some other nonsense.
He said it was better than Focus RS and the Type R because it is a better daily, all around performance hatchback. Yeah the RS and Type R will shit on it at a track, but those are more “weekend” cars. And if you’re buying a “weekend” $40k car, you’re better off getting a dedicated sports car than a Focus RS/Type R
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:43 pm I didn't know green was available here on GTIs now... looks really awesome, IMO!
That color doesn’t look that good in person. The ones I’ve seen looked more “flat” than metallic.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

That was my thought too, and I tend to fall asleep on his videos
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:48 pm

He said it was better than Focus RS and the Type R because it is a better daily, all around performance hatchback. Yeah the RS and Type R will shit on it at a track, but those are more “weekend” cars. And if you’re buying a “weekend” $40k car, you’re better off getting a dedicated sports car than a Focus RS/Type R
:aintcare:

BTW I really like the R and get it... just don't like Demuro/care what useless, non car guy stuff he has to say. I guess I'm just bitter because he has a car guy's dream job and is more into Gilmore Girls than cars. Oh well. :rage:
Johnny_P

Yeah. The Doug score thing is interesting, but he'll give something a 5/10 in a category like "fun" or "performance" or whatever with no backup as to how he got to that score. That's what I'd be more interested in. Instead he shows you a cubby spot in the trunk that's specifically built for a lug wrench or something stupid :whocares:
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:51 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:43 pm I didn't know green was available here on GTIs now... looks really awesome, IMO!
That color doesn’t look that good in person. The ones I’ve seen looked more “flat” than metallic.
I thought it was gray or that blue-but-its-really-black color at first. Only when the sun hit it right did I notice it was green.

Meh.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

That's cool.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:49 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:51 pm

I thought it was gray or that blue-but-its-really-black color at first. Only when the sun hit it right did I notice it was green.

Meh.
Oh.
:(
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:15 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:11 pm

Same. :like:

I can see an argument for it for crowded Euro cities where cars are stopped in traffic as much as they are moving just spewing out diesel exhaust. It could make some sense for minimizing particulate emissions, especially if :truk: s had it, too. I probably wouldn't use it much in my traffic/commute situation here, :doe: .

Diesel Bros don't even turn their trucks off if they go to grocery shopping... dat wear and tear on them precious engines that are supposedly lasting millions of miles... yet most are repo'd along with the boat they are supposed to tow long before the engine blows up.
:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:48 am

Yeah. The Doug score thing is interesting, but he'll give something a 5/10 in a category like "fun" or "performance" or whatever with no backup as to how he got to that score. That's what I'd be more interested in. Instead he shows you a cubby spot in the trunk that's specifically built for a lug wrench or something stupid :whocares:
:dat: s what I meant by I was somewhat :rage: when he scored the R's performance 5/10. I kinda see the scores as like grades, like 7/10 is the least good score you can get, but thats just me. I'm assuming he actually scored 7/10 for performance to cars that almost none of us can't afford at this point.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:24 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:48 am

:dat: s what I meant by I was somewhat :rage: when he scored the R's performance 5/10. I kinda see the scores as like grades, like 7/10 is the least good score you can get, but thats just me. I'm assuming he actually scored 7/10 for performance to cars that almost none of us can't afford at this point.

It's all totally arbitrary. Like what is the expectation from a Golf R? It's a $40k car based on a Golf. You have to compare it to shit in it's class, so sure, in $40k hatchbacks, the RS is probably a 10 so the GoRf is like 7 or 8? I mean, comparing it to a C7Z06 or something is stupid. But it's all meaningless anyway. Demuro can suck my balls.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:54 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:24 pm

It's all totally arbitrary. Like what is the expectation from a Golf R? It's a $40k car based on a Golf. You have to compare it to shit in it's class, so sure, in $40k hatchbacks, the RS is probably a 10 so the GoRf is like 7 or 8? I mean, comparing it to a C7Z06 or something is stupid. But it's all meaningless anyway. Demuro can suck my balls.
Man youve been salty lately
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:23 am

:iono: Fuck Demuro. I like the car.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:salt:

Probably too much DFD.
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:20 am :salt:

Probably too much DFD.
:(
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:19 am
Didn’t he say it is the best hatch by far and rated it pretty highly ?