Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Today I shall use my handy pipe cutters and install the rez delete on the ARRRR
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:43 am
wap wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:37 pm

I really like these. I wish they had just a bit more power.
I can confirm this comment, they're kinda gutless.

I was hoping for more powah.

Needs the toona.
GIVE EM DA TUNA TIMMY
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:43 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:28 pm Spielbergs? :disgust:
:dat:
The Pretoria's are waaaaay nicer.
I agree with that. They are very nice wheels.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

All you guys are getting res deletes, and have me thinking that I want to pair one with my axle back. I found a local guy that couldn't tolerate the drone when he had it paired with his Remus exhaust. He is going to sell it to me for $80cad. A little less then half of a new one minus shipping or taxes so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. :popcorn:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:53 pm All you guys are getting res deletes, and have me thinking that I want to pair one with my axle back. I found a local guy that couldn't tolerate the drone when he had it paired with his Remus exhaust. He is going to sell it to me for $80cad. A little less then half of a new one minus shipping or taxes so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. :popcorn:
Dat obnoxious ARR
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:53 pm All you guys are getting res deletes, and have me thinking that I want to pair one with my axle back. I found a local guy that couldn't tolerate the drone when he had it paired with his Remus exhaust. He is going to sell it to me for $80cad. A little less then half of a new one minus shipping or taxes so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. :popcorn:
not a bad way to try it, just make sure he give you the correct clamp. Its a butt style. ECS ships a 42mm bmw PN one. Id also recommend the $25 gear wrench pipe cutter from amazon.

I could see with a less baffled muffelr you might get more drone. IMO, in normal mode its still the exact same as stock. It might be a hair louder behind the car.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:45 pm
not a bad way to try it, just make sure he give you the correct clamp. Its a butt style. ECS ships a 42mm bmw PN one. Id also recommend the $25 gear wrench pipe cutter from amazon.

I could see with a less baffled muffelr you might get more drone. IMO, in normal mode its still the exact same as stock. It might be a hair louder behind the car.
:fuckyeah: thats good news on the drone, also my pipe is already cut in the right spot i think, the axle back basically bolts on where you separate the res from the muffler.... i think. The cat side should be a perfect fit for the car.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:04 pm
Dat obnoxious ARR
Stupid farting eggs
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Are you driving with the windows up or something? Mine is definitely noticeable in normal driving. I can hear it in all modes.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Are you driving with the windows up or something? Mine is definitely noticeable in normal driving. I can hear it in all modes.
Even with windoes down, I barely hear it. :iono: Let me reinstall the res to listen to difference. :trollface: :plac:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

dubshow wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:14 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Even with windoes down, I barely hear it. :iono: Let me reinstall the res to listen to difference. :trollface: :plac:
Mine is louder specifically from 3-5k. There's definitely a bassier tone to it. Cold starts are noisier as well but that dies down once rpms drop to idle.

@[user not found] You didn't see or hear any leaks under there after it was back together?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Is the interior pretty quite in the R?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:17 pm Is the interior pretty quite in the R?
Yes, I noticed a slight rattle behind digital cluster to the right on day 1. I havent heard it since.

Loudest thing on the car is road noise from Conti contact tires, IMO. And they aren't bad. Wind noise is far quieter than other cars I've had. Even when the mk6's were knew they had perceivable windnoise. Not so in the mk7.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Where do people list wheels for sale now days? Like the nice stuff. $1-2k in good shape. Not busted shit with crap pictures and no specs on wheels, like CL and FB marketplace..

is there some other forum other than vortex? Am I missing something? Where did the good used ads go?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:22 pm
dubshow wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:20 pm Where do people list wheels for sale now days? Like the nice stuff. $1-2k in good shape. Not busted shit with crap pictures and no specs on wheels, like CL and FB marketplace..

is there some other forum other than vortex? Am I missing something? Where did the good used ads go?
:iono:

Decent wheels are tough to find anymore, everyone's getting knockoff shit and playing it off like it's legit. :disgust:
well shit. Ive been looking around for a few days now. Even the stance nation forum bros classified are :flaccid:

WHERE DID THEY ALL GO?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Oh man this guy with the res delete is so cool! Best community ever! He included the vw/audi factory pipe as well as some custom pipe about the same length that he says he used to fit up perfectly with the Remus.

Shit is about to get LOUD! I asked him if I should expect double the volume output..... he says more like triple :LOLOL:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

WTF is a Passat GT? Looks like same power numbers
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:06 pm WTF is a Passat GT? Looks like same power numbers
It's just a VR6 Passat with some GTI-like exterior decorative bits. No real performance enhancing anything. Looks ok-ish but meh :whocares:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:30 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:06 pm WTF is a Passat GT? Looks like same power numbers
It's just a VR6 Passat with some GTI-like exterior decorative bits. No real performance enhancing anything. Looks ok-ish but meh :whocares:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Oh awesome! :poorvette: power in an awd car with a DSG is going to be :tits:

:notsure: about ramming even more tech into that thing :doe: , replacing a subframe, rad and oil pan was $3k in labor, some of it due to calibration after alignment. How much to run over a rock with a hybrid bolted in down there too??

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:01 am
Oh awesome! :poorvette: power in an awd car with a DSG is going to be :tits:

:notsure: about ramming even more tech into that thing :doe: , replacing a subframe, rad and oil pan was $3k in labor, some of it due to calibration after alignment. How much to run over a rock with a hybrid bolted in down there too??

Yea but that was a dillershit rape quote. You could have just replaced the oil pan for $260 in parts + $200 in labor and called it a day
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:01 am Oh awesome! :poorvette: power in an awd car with a DSG is going to be :tits:

Yea but that was a dillershit rape quote. You could have just replaced the oil pan for $260 in parts + $200 in labor and called it a day
Sure if it was my moola :dat: is what I would have done. Add $20 to spray a rust inhibitor on the part of the subframe that got dented.

I actually don't love the new subframe. Weld spatter all over it under the paint. I should have ordered a light weight aluminum S3 subframe actually, trick part that won't ever rust. :notbad:

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:08 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:51 am 2020 golf R 400hp

https://www.motor1.com/news/243618/vw-g ... orsepower/
APR engineers working for VW now.
:jimp:
RSC sunroofs
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:30 pm
Not to mention, its in the neighborhood of $40k
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.