Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:34 pm I got my car back last night. It spent four days in the shop over the heater issue. The dealer wound up replacing the auxiliary water pump and then found that a gear under the dash wasn't fully engaging the blend door. The service advisor thanked me for my patience and commented how some other people would have lost their shit well before day number 4. In the back of my head, I was thinking, "You didn't default to 'could not replicate,' but rather dug deeper and actually verified the issue, and set me up with a loaner while the car was being worked on. What reason would I have to get mad?"
Loaner car cures all with me.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:10 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:01 pm

Its an R .... Not sure if the dealer will give the guy that or not..... but based on your own links 2012's are going for $14 to $17K so if He could get it for $12K and the guy had already done the any or all of the ticking timebombs....(i.e.water pump, haldex sched maint or intake mani) it might be worth considering, no?
oh oh oh. I missed the entire part about it being an R. Proceed then.
No FSI-specific issues from that era? Although The Dude's seems to have treated him pretty well overall.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:20 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:17 am Image

Interesting that they went back to the use of a prop rod.
:|
And what's with that new badge? It looks like a sticker. Such 2D.
it's the new vw design language logo or w/e the fuck it was :sad: :disgust:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
wap wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:20 pm :|
And what's with that new badge? It looks like a sticker. Such 2D.
:wrong:

All the driver assist shit is in the logo so it's flat and no longer 3D.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

stripethree wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:31 pm Nah they specifically rebranded with the flat logo.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dezeen ... c-car/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1 ... eiled/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.carand ... go-change/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, :dat: is what I heard, too.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:13 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote:

oh yeah, they also have done it the same in the mk7.5 for the front logo, I saw a pic of a front end collision with one and it almost looks like a go pro sticking out

But that said, same also goes to the back as well, the logo
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:28 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:10 pm

oh oh oh. I missed the entire part about it being an R. Proceed then.
No FSI-specific issues from that era? Although The Dude's seems to have treated him pretty well overall.
Really the big difference between FSI and TSI is replacing the HPFP and the cam follower. Tuning it it's different too, for instance stage 1+ makes you upgrade the HPFP I believe. But mk6 r and gti are not THAT different, mk7 however is a different story.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:01 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:13 pm

oh yeah, they also have done it the same in the mk7.5 for the front logo, I saw a pic of a front end collision with one and it almost looks like a go pro sticking out

True. They redesigned the logo to make it flat but then also made the front logo flat because the assist stuff. I never noticed but the rear is flat too now?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:06 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:01 pm

True. They redesigned the logo to make it flat but then also made the front logo flat because the assist stuff. I never noticed but the rear is flat too now?
yup, sadly is. But no more butthole disease :lol:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

my son's :dillerman: would ask $16,000 from the :derp: but is willing to let him have it for $13,000. He has fallen in love with it.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:09 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:06 pm

Not necessarily. Now that it's flat it's even easier for the black butthole disease to spread. No more taking apart the logo when you can just throw vinyl right over it.
Irish

Shitty phone video quality but .... just keep it small

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipN ... gmp7IbdBFP
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:17 pm

Not necessarily. Now that it's flat it's even easier for the black butthole disease to spread. No more taking apart the logo when you can just throw vinyl right over it.
Logo sits lower too so it will look more like a butthole in fact.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:17 pm my son's :dillerman: would ask $16,000 from the :derp: but is willing to let him have it for $13,000. He has fallen in love with it.

13k is a good price but being lowered has its cons and so does stage 2 status. I guess if he's excited to have one they don't come much cheaper then that. Have him price out shocks and ball joints, etc so he knows what it will cost to fix.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Browsing vortex and it was brought to my attention that the new wheels kinda resemble a swastika. Cannot unsee.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:54 pm Browsing vortex and it was brought to my attention that the new wheels kinda resemble a swastika. Cannot unsee.

Also sliding calipers :gag:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:17 pm

Im sure someone who has decent taste in aesthetics wouldn't touch it. But it will sure damn well look even more ugly than the most recent previous gens. I don't wanna imagine that to happen at least in 4 years :sad:
Irish

Irish wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:17 pm my son's :dillerman: would ask $16,000 from the :derp: but is willing to let him have it for $13,000. He has fallen in love with it.

I drove it yesterday and now I've gone and fallen in love with it too. Its the fastest car I have ever driven.

It is a true grin educing, enthusiasts car with the following mods

There are a lot of reasons to run away from it, but it looks like the :dillerman: is going to let him have it for $12,000 and its hard to pass up at that price.

The kid is willing to put a few grand into maintenance.... haldex, timing belt, making sure the meth injection is installed correctly, fluid flushes, what have you.....

I am nervous that it will grenade and that it is a license suspension waiting to happen....but he is pretty sensible and has never really gotten speeding tickets.....of course he has never had access to a rocket like this......
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:05 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:00 am

inb4 Rudy.
I'm seldom :notwrong: with these guesses. Rudy is a :wap: in training now doe, :jerb: , :baby: , he's got real stress. Maybe shiny flat surfaces don't impress him anymore. :iono:
I am probably going to get a basic car once the GTI is done. Most likely used. Dad life (for the better) has helped me align my priorities and spend less on stupid shit.

That said, this MK8 doesn’t really impress me much. VW still loves to put the stupid directional wheels that look like they belong on a Pontiac Aztec. I don’t really care for ambient lighting either.

I don’t like the front of the car it looks droopy. The rear is okay. The interior looks cheap and even the plaid looks like a knockoff of the plaid in mine.

Meh, I have no craving for any new GTI at this moment. Would love to :gorf: eventually but even that... meh
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:34 pm

I'm seldom :notwrong: with these guesses. Rudy is a :wap: in training now doe, :jerb: , :baby: , he's got real stress. Maybe shiny flat surfaces don't impress him anymore. :iono:
I am probably going to get a basic car once the GTI is done. Most likely used. Dad life (for the better) has helped me align my priorities and spend less on stupid shit.

That said, this MK8 doesn’t really impress me much. VW still loves to put the stupid directional wheels that look like they belong on a Pontiac Aztec. I don’t really care for ambient lighting either.

I don’t like the front of the car it looks droopy. The rear is okay. The interior looks cheap and even the plaid looks like a knockoff of the plaid in mine.

Meh, I have no craving for any new GTI at this moment. Would love to :gorf: eventually but even that... meh
Yeah I'm feeling you, I still want :burnout: power, but would like a longer body in my DD for more back seat leg room and extra junk in the trunk :datass:

:neek:
Last edited by Tar on Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Keep the GTI and add a Rebel. #winning
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:49 pm

Keep the GTI and add a Rebel. #winning
:truk: is the answer in Texass
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:dat:

I sent Apex a pic of a RAM Rebel. It looks :tits:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.