Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:07 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:59 pm

am i joke to you?

:disappoint:

:doe:
img blocked at work

Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

dubshow wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:07 pm

:doe:
img blocked at work

Its a golf TSI. In the gauge cluster. To remind you that your R is just a fancy TSI. :wub:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote:
dubshow wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:28 pm img blocked at work

Its a golf TSI. In the gauge cluster. To remind you that your R is just a fancy TSI. :wub:
:(

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:32 pm

img blocked at work

:notwrong:

:sad:
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:34 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
:(

Bruh. I drive a $40k version of a fucking IMPREZA :lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

one of the vw buddies offered me to sell his awe track catback for 4hunnid, the want is strongggg :sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

img blocked at work

Even OEM engineers know that you need more powahhh... oh wait
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

img blocked at work

Mine is a really small minivan to me

:stig: :minivan:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:07 pm one of the vw buddies offered me to sell his awe track catback for 4hunnid, the want is strongggg :sad:
Same price gets you a Cobb AP...
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:49 pm Huh... looks like a Golf.

The R is just way too reserved for me, if I'm blowing $40k I want something that looks like more than justaGolf. They are nice looking cars, but the GTI looks better, drives not much worse and is 75% of the cost.
:dat:
I've never really been interested in an ARRR. GTI is where the the value lies.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:22 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:16 pm

i've been to busy man. :disappoint:

had a lot going on. Will install soon.
Catch 22 man. Installing :tuna: takes time away from errands, but installing :tuna: allows you to run errands quicker. Idk
:mindblown:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:28 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:07 pm one of the vw buddies offered me to sell his awe track catback for 4hunnid, the want is strongggg :sad:
Same price gets you a Cobb AP...
Im also tired of my prius exhaust sound level and cobb is :nope: all about that apr, unitronic and revo
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:46 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:34 pm :(

Bruh. I drive a $40k version of a fucking IMPREZA :lolol:
Yeah but do you want to be seen as a younger :millennial: that vapes, or a vegan lesbo? pick your poison
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:23 pm Oh that's the Golf R? :lolol: I thought it was the TSI. Seriously, not joking.
:dat: it does not scream .:R
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:35 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:23 pm Oh that's the Golf R? :lolol: I thought it was the TSI. Seriously, not joking.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:49 pm Huh... looks like a Golf.

The R is just way too reserved for me, if I'm blowing $40k I want something that looks like more than justaGolf. They are nice looking cars, but the GTI looks better, drives not much worse and is 75% of the cost.
I guess they do tend to depreciate less... Devil's advocate. I still stand by it though, for $40K you could even get a new :mk6: and an S2000 or something.

I am a child though, and prefer something more aggressive looking, flying under the radar certainly has an appeal :doe: , so I understand why some prefer that.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:22 am
wap wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:55 pm
I guess they do tend to depreciate less... Devil's advocate. I still stand by it though, for $40K you could even get a new :mk6: and an S2000 or something.

I am a child though, and prefer something more aggressive looking, flying under the radar certainly has an appeal :doe: , so I understand why some prefer that.
GTI's depreciate like crazy, R's not so much. Base models are the least depreciation Juans. But personally, if I want a lower tier GTI, I'd get the S or SE depending on what I want, if I get the autobahn, might as well get the R instead since it isn't actually that much of a difference in terms of price and perhaps only $10-20 more on monthly payments.
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:03 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:35 am

Here I fixed it

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:46 am

Here I fixed it

:lolgasm: :lolol:
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:42 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:22 am

GTI's depreciate like crazy, R's not so much. Base models are the least depreciation Juans. But personally, if I want a lower tier GTI, I'd get the S or SE depending on what I want, if I get the autobahn, might as well get the R instead since it isn't actually that much of a difference in terms of price and perhaps only $10-20 more on monthly payments.
The Autobahn GTI makes no sense to me. It really is in the same pricing ballpark as the R. The reason I went with the Rabbit was strictly for the LED headlights, which was the only way to get them from the factory without going to the SE and getting mandatory leather seats and a leaky sunroof. Otherwise, I would have just gone with the S, but those halogen headlamps are :disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:46 am

Here I fixed it

:mahman:

At least this differentiates it from the SE/TSI whatever it's called.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:39 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:42 am

The Autobahn GTI makes no sense to me. It really is in the same pricing ballpark as the R. The reason I went with the Rabbit was strictly for the LED headlights, which was the only way to get them from the factory without going to the SE and getting mandatory leather seats and a leaky sunroof. Otherwise, I would have just gone with the S, but those halogen headlamps are :disgust:
You have the Rabbit edition mk7.5? :jelly: love the cornflower blue. The mk7.5 SE you can now get cloth too, which what :narc: has, my 2015 SE got the leaky sunroof that (surprisingly) never leaked after 91k miles nor broken dat :alpo:
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:44 pm

You have the Rabbit edition mk7.5? :jelly: love the cornflower blue. The mk7.5 SE you can now get cloth too, which what :narc: has, my 2015 SE got the leaky sunroof that (surprisingly) never leaked after 91k miles nor broken dat :alpo:
Indeed, but mine is white.

Of course, now it is day 3 of being in the shop because the heater decided to start under-performing. The dealership has been scratching their heads on this one and has been consulting VW about it. I have a loaner Jetta, so right now it is a big ol' bowl of :aintcare:.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:notbad: racking up 20K miles per year. It seems like it's been a pretty epic car for you overall, I can see why you're struggling to walk away from :egg: lyfe, but you can :doit: !
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:56 am

:notbad: racking up 20K miles per year. It seems like it's been a pretty epic car for you overall, I can see why you're struggling to walk away from :egg: lyfe, but you can :doit: !
17k a year + roadtrips. That said, im kinda in a dilemma find ways to shorten the commute. That includes switching a job that I practically want. If it's still in DC/arlington, then im looking to move closer to dc that is arlington, alexandria. City of Falls church is :ludacris: :waxer: to the point where it makes no sense, other than children's education which is the prime reason why but :whocares: one of my meet buddies lives in an $800k shack that looks like it's built in 1950's over there. Dc is :waxer: and :nope: plus $100-150 parking per month for one car? :hellno: