Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

I must be the resident scrooge. I'd deleted my Instagram and LinkedIn accounts long ago, but I recently deactivated my Facebook account and got rid of Twitter. Holy hell is it amazing.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:45 pm Trying to figure out how to grow mine too.. Need more of a social media presence so I can try to get sponsorships for the bodybuilding shit.
I did that on my car insta story yesterday that I was rocking my 2 year old MVMT watch with the douche steering position and tag their page themselves for that reason, but they haven't seen it :sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:45 pm Trying to figure out how to grow mine too.. Need more of a social media presence so I can try to get sponsorships for the bodybuilding shit.
There is a guy @tidy that managed to build up to 119k followers. He now sells a guide for $15 or whatever. Certain tricks and software is used to automate likes to specific hashtags and whatever else he uses to draw attention to your site. You can do it manually but it's a time killer. It would be cool to get a copy of his guide but i am not serious enough to :doit:

I figure that some of the skills I learn can be applied to the beach house rental thing, so some possible monetary gains there.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

The wifes :mk6: got dropped of for the valve cleaning. $350-500 depending how dirty they are.

Local exotic certified shop is doing it. Bentlys and ferraris are piled around. I'll take a pic if he lets me when picking it up. He is also an APR :dillerman:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:30 am The wifes :mk6: got dropped of for the valve cleaning. $350-500 depending how dirty they are.

Local exotic certified shop is doing it. Bentlys and ferraris are piled around. I'll take a pic if he lets me when picking it up. He is also an APR :dillerman:
A local VW tech tells me that VW campaign exists to lower the fuel pump load on the :mk6: because it has a soft camshaft. :crang: :dolphin: , he says to be careful who tunes your MK6s to ensure they don't overload the fuel pump! I didnt even have to tell him about our local :derp:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:59 am
dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:30 am The wifes :mk6: got dropped of for the valve cleaning. $350-500 depending how dirty they are.

A local VW tech tells me that VW campaign exists to lower the fuel pump load on the :mk6: because it has a soft camshaft. :crang: :dolphin: , he says to be careful who tunes your MK6s to ensure they don't overload the fuel pump! I didnt even have to tell him about our local :derp:
wait. wut? are you being serious? "soft cams" ?

wifes car is staying stock doe.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:09 am

Yes absolutely, there is a legit VW countermeasure/campaign on the MK6 GTI to reduce load on the fuel pump to protect the cam!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:56 am

Yes absolutely, there is a legit VW countermeasure/campaign on the MK6 GTI to reduce load on the fuel pump to protect the cam!
:mindblown:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Why would one tune put more load on the fuel pump than another given equal output? More hp = more fuel, so if two tunes are making 250whp versus the stock 200, wouldn't both put the same amount of additional stress on the HPFP?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Tarspin wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:29 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:17 pm

Following for more :gorf: action!
Five down 99,622 to go! I shall shit post once to twice per week until my goal is met lol
Faillowed
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:17 am

Why would one tune put more load on the fuel pump than another given equal output? More hp = more fuel, so if two tunes are making 250whp versus the stock 200, wouldn't both put the same amount of additional stress on the HPFP?
:notwrong:

V2.4, MOAR powah!

Yeah I see what you're saying. I'm guessing it's wise to stay within the design limits of the shitty product, so stock.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: :notwrong:

V2.4, MOAR powah!

Yeah I see what you're saying. I'm guessing it's wise to stay within the design limits of the shitty product, so stock.
Maybe tunes that emohasize a punchy low end with a huge mountain of torque stress the hpfp more by requiring more fuel pressure at lower engine RPMs? APR's tunes definitely seem to use that approach.

:iono:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I understand that anything that creates more torque and HP is going to put more stress on the internals...... however i dont understand how a failing fuel pump causes a failed camshaft. This came up in the great :crang: debacle and I didn't get it then either....
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Irish wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:49 pm

I understand that anything that creates more torque and HP is going to put more stress on the internals...... however i dont understand how a failing fuel pump causes a failed camshaft. This came up in the great :crang: debacle and I didn't get it then either....
Fuel pump is driven off the camshaft, fuel pump freezes up and breaks the camshaft.
Irish

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:50 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Fuel pump is driven off the camshaft, fuel pump freezes up and breaks the camshaft.
Gotcha....I was looking at it the :wrong: way
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

New GLI appears to be legit good car. :notbad:

And I didn't know Cammisa writes for autoblog now.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/28/201 ... ng-review/
Irish

Anyone ever use this site?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee

Seems too good to be true but Jay over at the Dead forum has signed off and it seems legit..... :iono:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Irish wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:56 pm Anyone ever use this site?

Seems too good to be true but Jay over at the Dead forum has signed off and it seems legit..... :iono:
I have not used them personally, but have a few friends who have used them with good things to say about them.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Yes. They are legit.

Several of my Techs at work are club racers, drifters, etc and have used this place for a while.
Irish

Apex wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:14 pm

I have not used them personally, but have a few friends who have used them with good things to say about them.
fledonfoot wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:27 pm
Yes. They are legit.

Several of my Techs at work are club racers, drifters, etc and have used this place for a while.
Cool....I think i am going to order Oil Change stuff and their brake kit.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Use it for the Q5, were excellent so far
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I've ordered several things from FCP, they've been great.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Im not even sure if i want another egg or a kraut corolla. Aka gli.
I feel like my next car will be either civic si, mk7.5 rabbit, gli, or used 7.5 r. As i’m kinda :aintcare: about speed and :stig: as much anymore, rather than just having a fun car.

But who knows what will happen with 1.5-2 years
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:52 pm Im not even sure if i want another egg or a kraut corolla. Aka gli.
I feel like my next car will be either civic si, mk7.5 rabbit, gli, or used 7.5 r. As i’m kinda :aintcare: about speed and :stig: as much anymore, rather than just having a fun car.

New GLI is supposed to be legit.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish

wap wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:25 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:52 pm Im not even sure if i want another egg or a kraut corolla. Aka gli.

New GLI is supposed to be legit.
Damn...GLI was never on my radar....

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/volkswa ... ve-review/
https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-volkswage ... 1833670064

Until now......