Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote:Recently hit 60k miles, without any problems since 13 months. With the exception of cosmetics.

Don’t really intent on adding mods that much, with the exception of getting different wheels (oem or aftermarket) to replace or my curb raped austins. Perhaps rieger side skirts to cover the bottom dent, and that kills me on the inside.

Perhaps a detail and wax like rudy did. But not sure if i want to do it before or after i leave for Turkey.

Just a tad over a year left for it to be paid off, max I can do is keep it till 100k
Finding the right wheels for the MK7 is a little harder then the more rounded MK6 when people could get away with a plethora of styles. Even some really vapebro BBS wheels don't look right on the 7/7.5. You have any favorites in mind?
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:48 pm
max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:47 pm

Did you ever make a thread about your :dill: You know of got another egg and I didn't see the deets. How did you trade your white egg?
Homie hookup from [user not found]
Took his leased car in and got another juan.
But that bro is at mazderp? Wasn't he like 20k miles over his lease? Did he lease the new juan? buy?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

i like vw's, I got a gti
brain go brrrrrr
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Tarspin wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:49 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote:Recently hit 60k miles, without any problems since 13 months. With the exception of cosmetics.

Don’t really intent on adding mods that much, with the exception of getting different wheels (oem or aftermarket) to replace or my curb raped austins. Perhaps rieger side skirts to cover the bottom dent, and that kills me on the inside.

Perhaps a detail and wax like rudy did. But not sure if i want to do it before or after i leave for Turkey.

Just a tad over a year left for it to be paid off, max I can do is keep it till 100k
Finding the right wheels for the MK7 is a little harder then the more rounded MK6 when people could get away with a plethora of styles. Even some really vapebro BBS wheels don't look right on the 7/7.5. You have any favorites in mind?
i like the ‘17 sport wheels.
VMR 701 (mclaren looking wheels)
Miro 111 (think)
Dat 6 spoke 3sdm
Thats pretty much all i have off my head, as long as it remains the oem size. And i don’t wanna spend too much money on it. When trade in, i can always find oem austins for sale anyway.

Im not all about the bbs rs, or any 3 piece wheels anyway.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:42 pm Hi I'm here for the vape discussion. What flavors you all on?
I don’t usually vape, hell i never bought one. But i tried one of my friends whiskey flavor and that thing burns your throat :nope: again
Tell him to change his coils approx every thirty instagram posts.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:49 pm

But that bro is at mazderp? Wasn't he like 20k miles over his lease? Did he lease the new juan? buy?
They have a VW store in their portfolio, across the street actually, and Z curated the deal
Last edited by Johnny_P on Mon May 21, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:34 pm No :truk: talk eh?

We'll see about that.
How’s the Canyon doing fellow bloo :truk: owner?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:Also, hello. My name is Rudy and I have a 2018 MK7.5 GTI SE partially funded by my parents.

The car is tornado red, so I will get pulled over a lot. The car also has illegal darkness tint so I will also get pulled over a lot for that.

I plan on doing literally nothing to the car in terms of “performance” modifications. I would like to get roof racks/bars and a bike mount, but I have literally no desire to complicate and tie up money and assets to :wasteful: into a function-less mod.

I want to stay OEM/OEM+ and just drive the bitch. Make the most of the 6 year/72,000 mile warranty.

Even the wheels are “growing” on me and I don’t think they are as hideous as I once thought. But I think the color has something to do with that.
I like the 7.5 gayti wheels :iono:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Finance
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:55 pm How’s the Canyon doing fellow bloo :truk: owner?
:gtfo:

Tarspin wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:55 pm I like the 7.5 gayti wheels :iono:
:wrong:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:
:grumpycat:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Did someone say :truk:
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:57 pm
Apex wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:55 pm How’s the Canyon doing fellow bloo :truk: owner?
:gtfo:

:hue:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Apex wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:55 pm
Melon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:34 pm No :truk: talk eh?

We'll see about that.
Pretty good fellow bloo :truk: owner.

How's the Z71 Colorado?
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex

Melon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:03 pm
Apex wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:55 pm

How's the Z71 Colorado?
Everything I want in a :truk:
5/7 everyday.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

We’re talking about commuter cars that eat waterpumps for breakfast. Please talk about our cute little hatchbacks on ecstacy.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:04 pm
Melon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:03 pm

How's the Z71 Colorado?
5/7 everyday.
third bloo :truk: owner checking in.

5 Colorado/Canyons on here, 3 are bloo. :impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Now it's :truk: talk.

My job here is done.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

razr390 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:44 pm Also, hello. My name is Rudy and I have a 2018 MK7.5 GTI SE partially funded by my parents.

The car is tornado red, so I will get pulled over a lot. The car also has illegal darkness tint so I will also get pulled over a lot for that.

I plan on doing literally nothing to the car in terms of “performance” modifications. I would like to get roof racks/bars and a bike mount, but I have literally no desire to complicate and tie up money and assets to :wasteful: into a function-less mod.

I want to stay OEM/OEM+ and just drive the bitch. Make the most of the 6 year/72,000 mile warranty.

Even the wheels are “growing” on me and I don’t think they are as hideous as I once thought. But I think the color has something to do with that.
Did you ever make a thread about your :dill: You know of got another egg and I didn't see the deets. How did you trade your white egg?
Hello. White egg was registered to my dad, so he flew in the weekend of the :dill: to “return” the MK6. MK6 lease payments were $477/month, and I returned the vehicle with 67,675 (approx. 7,675 miles over). The mk6 had 2 payments left on the car, plus mileage overages that we paid up front (put it into the MK7.5 and then put $2,500 down to get approved on the loan).

MK7.5 came out to $530/month for 72 months at 5.64% (with dad as a co-signer but not co-owner). This includes GAP insurance and Road Hazard package :dillerman: . The main reason I elected to even fathom a 72 month loan is the 6/72,000 warranty. The MK7.5 was, if you don’t factor the remaining lease payments and mileage fee, acquired for sticker price OTD (including tax/title/etc).

I qualified for recent graduate, SCCA partner, and some MFR rebates which took a few thousand off the car.

All in all, never leasing again, and the interest rate is a bit higher because I am 23 with minimal credit history and a somewhat poor credit score (due to my parents putting me on some of their accounts and then electing to consolidate without removing me). This will be a keeper for the long haul, and considering I work for PenFed I will re-finance 6-12 months down the road.

Also, :dillerman: elected to buy my mk6 so I was absolved of any other fees including wear & tear, maintenance, disposition, etc.

I plan on keeping the GTI for 72,000 at minimum, if not for as long as I can since this would be the first “car that’s mine on my name” sort of thing.

All in all, I am paying insurance and difference, and parents are paying $500 of the total payment. So I’m payinf about $200/month more than I was before (insurance is $170/mo for full coverage). I am saving my parents the insurace payment so they’re happy with that and we will slowly transition into me paying more and more as pay goes up for my job/career trajectory.
Last edited by razr390 on Mon May 21, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:12 pm Now it's :truk: talk.

My job here is done.
The only :truk: you can talk is the VW Amarok

You're Whalecum!!
Apex

Melon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:12 pm Now it's :truk: talk.

My job here is done.
:fuckyeah:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:09 pm
Apex wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:04 pm

5/7 everyday.
third bloo :truk: owner checking in.

5 Colorado/Canyons on here, 3 are bloo. :impressive:
What happens if the forum adds 2 moar bloo ones?? :mindblown:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Hello. White egg was registered to my dad, so he flew in the weekend of the :dill: to “return” the MK6. MK6 lease payments were $477/month, and I returned the vehicle with 67,675 (approx. 7,675 miles over). The mk6 had 2 payments left on the car, plus mileage overages that we paid up front (put it into the MK7.5 and then put $2,500 down to get approved on the loan).

MK7.5 came out to $530/month for 72 months at 5.64% (with dad as a co-signer but not co-owner). This includes GAP insurance and Road Hazard package :dillerman: . The main reason I elected to even fathom a 72 month loan is the 6/72,000 warranty. The MK7.5 was, if you don’t factor the remaining lease payments and mileage fee, acquired for sticker price OTD (including tax/title/etc).

I qualified for recent graduate, SCCA partner, and some MFR rebates which took a few thousand off the car.

All in all, never leasing again, and the interest rate is a bit higher because I am 23 with minimal credit history and a somewhat poor credit score (due to my parents putting me on some of their accounts and then electing to consolidate without removing me). This will be a keeper for the long haul, and considering I work for PenFed I will re-finance 6-12 months down the road.

Also, :dillerman: elected to buy my mk6 so I was absolved of any other fees including wear & tear, maintenance, disposition, etc.

I plan on keeping the GTI for 72,000 at minimum, if not for as long as I can since this would be the first “car that’s mine on my name” sort of thing.

All in all, I am paying insurance and difference, and parents are paying $500 of the total payment. So I’m payinf about $200/month more than I was before (insurance is $170/mo for full coverage). I am saving my parents the insurance payment so they’re happy with that and we will slowly transition into me paying more and more as pay goes up for my job/career trajectory.
Thanks for posting the deets. I feel like they were missing and I actually searched in other threads.
:notbad: deal... so the VW cost around ~2500 to turn in ($1500 for miles and $1000 for payments)?

~530x72 is around 38k... so I am assuming you got the car for around 32k OTD and rest is interest...? 5.6% isn't "bad" per say... that's a long ass loan.

How are you liking the MK7 so far? What spec is it ?SE ?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

All in all, I am paying insurance and difference, and parents are paying $500 of the total payment. So I’m payinf about $200/month more than I was before (insurance is $170/mo for full coverage). I am saving my parents the insurace payment so they’re happy with that and we will slowly transition into me paying more and more as pay goes up for my job/career trajectory.
About the SCCA partner, is about being with someone thats a member of SCCA Autocross or something along the lines?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:22 pm

All in all, I am paying insurance and difference, and parents are paying $500 of the total payment. So I’m payinf about $200/month more than I was before (insurance is $170/mo for full coverage). I am saving my parents the insurance payment so they’re happy with that and we will slowly transition into me paying more and more as pay goes up for my job/career trajectory.
Thanks for posting the deets. I feel like they were missing and I actually searched in other threads.
:notbad: deal... so the VW cost around ~2500 to turn in ($1500 for miles and $1000 for payments)?

~530x72 is around 38k... so I am assuming you got the car for around 32k OTD and rest is interest...? 5.6% isn't "bad" per say... that's a long ass loan.

How are you liking the MK7 so far? What spec is it ?SE ?
since i'm essentially rudy's neighbor, i'll explain the deets.

It's an SE. However, mk7.5 changed the options a lot. It does not have leather seats nor fender. But it does have the performance package specs, and the sunroof. The speedo is exactly the same as my mk7, so no digital speedo. But dat head unit :jizz: