Dubshow is decisive as hell

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

dubshow wrote:First real gripe. The mother Fucking center armrest doesn't open for the cubby that is clearly underneath.

Wtf VWoA. Why did you block this off.
:dat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote:I'm really in love with the color. Good balance of blue. Of course I'd love a crazy color but this works.

I'd honestly go for that yellow orange on the atlas as a golf r color.

The Eco hitch is a bit proud at $290 but it looks like a good design. ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I :wub: the color, best in overcast sky or rain where it goes blurple, but some CQ or wax and strong sun and the paint goes a metallic blue in numerous lighter shades.

I saw a yellow R with those rams at my dealership getting swirl marked and paint striped right before the owner came to take delivery. It was :amaze: , but thankfully they didn't have that shit when I was shopping because they charge 3Gs for such necessary extravagance.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Oh my god, you actually did it.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Melon wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:47 am Oh my god, you actually did it.
:hubba:

He lives
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Thoughts on virtual cockpit?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Melon wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:47 am Oh my god, you actually did it.
Absolute madman
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Tarspin wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:24 pm Saw this on teh faceboob:

https://torkliftcentral.com/rving-and-t ... r-ecohitch

ImageImage
I looked into this for the GTI and ended up going with the Curt hitch instead. 1/3 of the price and a literal 10 minute install. Marginal ground clearance loss and sits far enough back that it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb.

I’d only really consider it if the car is gonna be stancebro slammed.

On the flip side we tore the renegade apart for the hitch, so I’ve gone both ways.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

:fuckyeah:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

dubshow wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:54 pm First real gripe. The mother Fucking center armrest doesn't open for the cubby that is clearly underneath.

You can blame the government. Some stupid regulation due to the driveshaft being underneith it
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:10 am
dubshow wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:54 pm First real gripe. The mother Fucking center armrest doesn't open for the cubby that is clearly underneath.

You can blame the government. Some stupid regulation due to the driveshaft being underneith it
There are apparently easy work arounds for it.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

wap wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:25 am

There are apparently easy work arounds for it.
Yes. You can open it in a few minutes but the armrest won't ratchet. The most frustrating part was fishing the zip ties through the locking arms. But once they're in they're not going anywhere so you have nothing to worry about.

This is the part number for the cubby mat in case yours doesn't have one.

5G0863328L82V

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Know how I know you don't have OCD? That fucking plank in your fence.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:39 pm Know how I know you don't have OCD? That fucking plank in your fence.
Oh wow. :triggered:
Johnny_P

Yeah. Because of the driveshaft, the armrest needs to latch, and the Golf doesn't have a latching armrest. So they just made it unusable.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:39 pm Know how I know you don't have OCD? That fucking plank in your fence.
:trollface: you should see the other side of yard
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Zip tie mod?

Sounds familiar...
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Apex wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:44 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:42 pm

GTI actually is on the plan for a crv replacement
Alfa, GTI, and Volvo. :notbad:
An ND, FiST, and 500x would be :notbad:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:32 am

This is a very easy :math: problem to solve.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:notsure: :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SO.

Ownershit experience and opinions thus far:

Im a hair under 300 miles. Bought at 92 miles on it. The interior is probably my favorite part. The newly designed center stack flows well and is very ergo. Stereo is top notch, even if it replaces my spare with a sub. #yolo.

Electronics: I was honestly scared of them. The rabbit hole goes deep and the car has billions of features I will probably never use. They integrate seamlessly with the cluster screen very well. But MY god there are features and options hidden everywhere. Lane assist and adaptive cruise were :mindblown: It does those very well. And I was extremely :notsure: about them. With lane assist on interstate driving you barely do anything. As a test, I took a slight curve set at 75mph, hand only hovering the wheel. The car made the curve smoothly then dinged at me to put hands on wheels. Im old school on all this new crazy stuff, and I dove head first into feature land with the R. VW missed an opportunity like the rs3 does in "race" mode and the cluster gets more lively with a large red tach. You can adjust the size of gauges in cluster w/ nav but thats it. Nothing "sporty" to play with setup. That is a missed opportunity with the full screen cluster in a $40k enthusiast hatch...

Speed: Its quick, but not nearly as fast as I was expected. I havent REALLY rung it out yet because new an all. It definitely has a larger turbo than the mk6 gti which feels abit more responsive. There is a tad of turbo lag where the mk6 2.0t has nearly zero but runs out of breath in stock form. The R just pulls hard about 4k rpm. Id really like to match it up to a tuned GTI because a tuned cars feels faster imo. It also is a tad deceptive, as cruising at ~90 feels like 60. Minimal road noise. Impressive feat for the mk7 platform.

Exterior: Great job. Merged the adaptive cruise into the front badge. The camera popout is pretty trick. And the FRONT parking system should save me from KO'ing any rollup crubs. The parking quides work well but IMO linger for a tad to long once I am rolling forward to go. They take about 8 seconds to go away.

Clutch: Its butter smooth. Easy to drive smoothly with no jerks. Very light and shift throw is very light, almost effortlessly. I know I can modify pressure of pedal, but honestly Im old :wap: and enjoy a super butter smooth thing. I see no reason to modify away the refinement.

TL'DR: the R really punches above its weight in interior and features. Id say on par with mid line of mercedes and more features than lower BMWs. I am scared of all the features. Got a good warranty to back them up.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dubshow wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:01 am

:plac:

https://www.neilhuffmanmazda.com/new/Ma ... f64dff.htm
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:like: the first update! It's a really solid platform. I :wub: the integrated vw logo sensor. Much better then MK7 design.

The R gets beefed up the heads and turbo so most of the punch is added at the top end where a GTI falls flat, an extra 80hp awaits up there. It explains the extra turbo lag down low. Gberg went from a tuned manual GTI to a stock R :manuel: , so he might be able to shed some more light on the differences.

The DSG is really good at getting on turbo boost and staying in that zone as the car shifts through boost. It also engages launch control at 4000rpms to get an initial jump on things. In that way, its a mid 4 sec 0-60 rocket. With a clutch its low 5 seconds. Both :impressive: , especially since it drives like a typical GTI in daily commute mode.
Johnny_P

4zilch wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:51 am
dubshow wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:01 am

:plac:

https://www.neilhuffmanmazda.com/new/Ma ... f64dff.htm
Go check it out, that's a good price and that's before haggling. Pretty late in the year for them to have a 2017 left over.
Johnny_P

Tuned GTI to stock R should be about equal. Tune the R and things get nuts though. The AWD system is key at that point because the GTI can't put the power down.

Glad you're enjoying the car Dubs! :like:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:18 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:14 am

Go check it out, that's a good price and that's before haggling. Pretty late in the year for them to have a 2017 left over.
I’d say you’re not likely to get much more than another 100-200 off of that price.

If the :unicorn: spec exists, it’s discounted, and 0.9% financing is available... I’d be buying a one way ticket with the quickness.

Just confirm the price doesn’t include any non-qualified bullshit incentives.
Yep. Only disclaimer I saw on that site was $700 rape fee to be added, which sours the deal a little. But still a good price on a nice spec.