Dubshow is decisive as hell

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Great updates on R! I am :jelly: of some of the more premium features, but god damn did they make the MQB platform great (over Mk6) and the MK7.5 smoothed out the edges that MK7 couldn't in terms of features/fit/finish.

I am very happy with my GTI and happy you are enjoying the R. :woodplow: Virtual Cockpit, :doe:

:sad: I don't have that.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

The fact that VW gives a bumper to bumper & powertrain of 6 years/72,000 miles even on GTI/R/etc. is :ludacris:

Usually manufacturers provide dat term and condition of it being a :derp: owned Jetta S :manuel: , excludes "performance variants", so good on VW for this.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Interesting about the clutch. Mine was terrible since day one and I figured I'd adjust to it but never really did.

Bleeder block solved everything by getting rid of that hesitation on gear changes.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:52 am Glad to hear the impressions are good.

Honestly my interest in the ECS bleeder block are twofold.

1) Firms up the clutch actuation and gets rid of the numb feeling.
2) Reduces the amount of slip and should therefore prolong the life of the clutch.
Correct. It is absolutely the best $100 I’ve ever spent on a car and completely changes the feel of the car for the better.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote:The fact that VW gives a bumper to bumper & powertrain of 6 years/72,000 miles even on GTI/R/etc. is :ludacris:

Usually manufacturers provide dat term and condition of it being a :derp: owned Jetta S :manuel: , excludes "performance variants", so good on VW for this.
I paid $2500CAD for a 6yr/120K mile deal. So getting a 6/72 for free is a major selling point.
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:26 am
razr390 wrote:The fact that VW gives a bumper to bumper & powertrain of 6 years/72,000 miles even on GTI/R/etc. is :ludacris:

I paid $2500CAD for a 6yr/120K mile deal. So getting a 6/72 for free is a major selling point.
though to be fair, the MSRP did creep a bit compared to mk7 and mk6
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

fledonfoot wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:21 am
[user not found] wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:52 am Glad to hear the impressions are good.

2) Reduces the amount of slip and should therefore prolong the life of the clutch.
Correct. It is absolutely the best $100 I’ve ever spent on a car and completely changes the feel of the car for the better.
Yeah I'd do it for sure. Hated the vague clutch on the MK6.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:18 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:14 am

Go check it out, that's a good price and that's before haggling. Pretty late in the year for them to have a 2017 left over.
I’d say you’re not likely to get much more than another 100-200 off of that price.

If the :unicorn: spec exists, it’s discounted, and 0.9% financing is available... I’d be buying a one way ticket with the quickness.

Just confirm the price doesn’t include any non-qualified bullshit incentives.
:word:

I’m going to try to get down there this week to kick the tires.

Though I’m tempted to wait until the ND2 comes out to pull the trigger.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Go check it out, that's a good price and that's before haggling. Pretty late in the year for them to have a 2017 left over.
I’d say you’re not likely to get much more than another 100-200 off of that price.

If the :unicorn: spec exists, it’s discounted, and 0.9% financing is available... I’d be buying a one way ticket with the quickness.

:dat:

That's a really excellent deal. No local mazduh dealers are dillin on an enthuist spec meata.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Great to here. I'll look into it. We need to make a good R thread to talk shop. I cracked those opinions off via morning coffee before autocrossing. It's a not terrible plateform and super amount of luxury/$. I got in a fukus RS today and I am confirmed in my choice to live with the VW superior interior. The RS just feels so cheap.
razr390

dubshow wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:09 pm

Great to here. I'll look into it. We need to make a good R thread to talk shop. I cracked those opinions off via morning coffee before autocrossing. It's a not terrible plateform and super amount of luxury/$. I got in a fukus RS today and I am confirmed in my choice to live with the VW superior interior. The RS just feels so cheap.
Superior interior indeed.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

dubshow wrote:
fledonfoot wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:21 am Correct. It is absolutely the best $100 I’ve ever spent on a car and completely changes the feel of the car for the better.
Or maybe a general :turboyaris: discussion thread. I am looking at more coding and have posted a couple Vagcom/OBD11 tweaks up in my GoRf Failomatic thread that would work for Rs and GTIs. Having a common place for :dat: is cool
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

You have to be a recent graduate, a Marine, a member of the kawanas club and have a Bailey Building and loan savings account to get that price.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So a slight gripe. I was pumped about the performance digital gauges, mainly the digital boost guage.

It reads 5 psi at idle. And like 34 psi on a full boost pull. :wtf:

It's at vacuum at idle and I know this in stock for ain't running 34 psi. So can I calibrated it with vagcom? Not much info out there on this and the few vids I've seen show 0 psi at idle. Mine ain't right.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dubshow wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:50 am So a slight gripe. I was pumped about the performance digital gauges, mainly the digital boost guage.

It's at vacuum at idle and I know this in stock for ain't running 34 psi. So can I calibrated it with vagcom? Not much info out there on this and the few vids I've seen show 0 psi at idle. Mine ain't right.

it might be reading absolute pressure instead of gauge pressure...those numbers would be about right subtracting the atmosphere.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

dubshow wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:50 am So a slight gripe. I was pumped about the performance digital gauges, mainly the digital boost guage.

The boost gauge does not reflect accurat PSI. GTI shows 30 psi at full boost which is fake news
razr390

That motherfuckin VC doe :jimp:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

It’s reading absolute pressure, not boost pressure. Mine shows about 4-5psi at idle.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

PSIA vs PSIG
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:53 am

it might be reading absolute pressure instead of gauge pressure...those numbers would be about right subtracting the atmosphere.
ah excellent point. Never crossed my mind. You are 100% correct. So are old vacuum gauges corrected or something? BR is around 29-30in atmospheric pressure. So Id have to subtract 29 or 30 from peak boost on the sensor? Since it isnt corrected?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:56 am

PSIA vs PSIG
god damn engineers... I only had eng lite. in school. For steel and :wood:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:55 am That motherfuckin VC doe :jimp:
Ill do some more photos with options. Its super trick, but like I said, in race mode it should be more exciting. It really honestly reminds me of the rental sentra mid cluster graphics...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dubshow wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 am

ah excellent point. Never crossed my mind. You are 100% correct. So are old vacuum gauges corrected or something? BR is around 29-30in atmospheric pressure. So Id have to subtract 29 or 30 from peak boost on the sensor? Since it isnt corrected?
Atmospheric PSI is 14.7. 29-30 is atmospheric measured in in/hg

So key-on / engine off the gauge should read 14.7-ish. 6psi @ idle would indicate -9.7 psi vacuum
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:02 am

Atmospheric PSI is 14.7. 29-30 is atmospheric measured in in/hg

So key-on / engine off the gauge should read 14.7-ish. 6psi @ idle would indicate -9.7 psi vacuum
:notbad:

:science: and now I feel like a :derp:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

its probably just a setting somewhere to go from absolute to gauge pressures.
brain go brrrrrr