Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:48 pm Only DFD would recommend leasing a brand new car for a 14k mike road trip spanning 3 months which requires quitting your job.
:mindblown: I do wanna do a road trip as such... but frankly why not rent a jeep for that time frame. For 2k way cheaper than owning the thing.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:42 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:55 pm

MSRP was 30,545. When I bought mine VW was throwing $4k in dealer cash, and I ended up with another $2400 off, which was $500 under invoice. Also scored 0.9% APR for 72 months.

At the end of MY 17, dealer cash hit $5k plus dealer discount as they blew out the remaining pre-facelift cars.
That is a really killer deal! :like:
:dat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

https://www.wpbf.com/article/kid-car-co ... ZFVRVplOck

Cute story! Someone should tell the little CF that there's a reason why the badge he found on the floor is from a Feed 😂🤣🤣
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2601 ... n=15804251
The redesigned 2019 Mazda 3 is making moves upmarket, and that's reflected in its significantly higher pricing. Compared with its predecessor, the new car's base price is $2905 higher, starting at $21,895 for the Mazda 3 sedan with six-speed automatic transmission. A fully loaded 3 hatchback with all-wheel drive can top $30,000, if only just, at $30,390.
:shock:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2601 ... n=15804251
The redesigned 2019 Mazda 3 is making moves upmarket, and that's reflected in its significantly higher pricing. Compared with its predecessor, the new car's base price is $2905 higher, starting at $21,895 for the Mazda 3 sedan with six-speed automatic transmission. A fully loaded 3 hatchback with all-wheel drive can top $30,000, if only just, at $30,390.
:shock:
If the 3 is moving up, can we get the 2 back? That's the one that I actually wanted.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:56 am
If the 3 is moving up, can we get the 2 back? That's the one that I actually wanted.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

I mentioned this in OT, but figured I'd bring it here since it's more on topic to this thread. I'm thinking about replacing the GTI with an AWD car again. Though, my criteria is pretty limiting.

Found this one: https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-for-s ... 6-audi-a3/
If I were to do it, I'd ask them to swap my Austins off my GTI on the trade-in. Not a fan of those (Karthoums?) but like the color scheme otherwise.
The panda hath arrived.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Jaxper wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:14 am I mentioned this in OT, but figured I'd bring it here since it's more on topic to this thread. I'm thinking about replacing the GTI with an AWD car again. Though, my criteria is pretty limiting.

Found this one: https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-for-s ... 6-audi-a3/
If I were to do it, I'd ask them to swap my Austins off my GTI on the trade-in. Not a fan of those (Karthoums?) but like the color scheme otherwise.
they're not kathoums, they're different from mk6. But it's doable to swap, ive seen on golfmk7 that someone traded in his mk6 to 7 and swapped lagunas at his dealer.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:01 pm In other news, the GTI hit 30k miles today. Lifetime fuel economy is 30.6 MPG. 3 oil changes, a set of winter tires and a steering rack under warranty.

18 months of ownership... of which 6 weeks was in a loaner for the rack and 3 months driving the mini.

Usually the :plac: starts setting in by now.

I love the car. It’s quiet, decently quick, comfortable, fun and nimble. I miss my :truk: like crazy, and if I could realistically daily a Tacoma and not get crushed with fuel costs I would, but there’s not another 100 mile/day enthusiast type commuter I could remotely consider. If this thing was totaled or stolen, I would absolutely replace it with the same thing (if only they had a Sport model anymore)... the first car I’ve ever owned I could say that with.
New Sport model is the Rabbit Edition for MK7.5’s.

Comes with 18” Pretoria’s too. :neat:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:56 am
That would be a 5/7 move on their part. The new 2 is quite :nice: in person.

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:28 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:50 pm

Please run far far away from anything Fabspeed.

Don't even fucking consider them.

AWE, despite my dislike for their management, does make a good product. If you want the real :waxer: shit, just go Akrapovic.
Yeah, that's what I'm seeing... also, seems there is some love for Kline stuff.

In any case, I'm going to need to hear them in person before I shell out that cash. It's way too easy to go from "needs just a touch more" to "Ricer" when it comes to exhaust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:35 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:28 pm

Don't even fucking consider them.

AWE, despite my dislike for their management, does make a good product. If you want the real :waxer: shit, just go Akrapovic.

In any case, I'm going to need to hear them in person before I shell out that cash. It's way too easy to go from "needs just a touch more" to "Ricer" when it comes to exhaust.

Also, I've found that everyone that complains about "Corvette tax" should shut their mouths and look at the Porsche tax and be happy. Most manufacturers are charging almost $3k for bolt-on high flow cats for a 911. The whole LG long tube headers with high flow cats and an X-Pipe for a C7 run about $2K.

Sorry, this doesn't look like $3k to me.

troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:40 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:35 pm

Also, I've found that everyone that complains about "Corvette tax" should shut their mouths and look at the Porsche tax and be happy. Most manufacturers are charging almost $3k for bolt-on high flow cats for a 911. The whole LG long tube headers with high flow cats and an X-Pipe for a C7 run about $2K.

Sorry, this doesn't look like $3k to me.

Corvette Tax is :bs: for the most part, vette stuff is almost always priced in line with other :ellis: based vehicles - or mustangs for that matter.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:13 pm
Welcome to the real :waxer: side.
Well, yeah.. I pretty much knew it going in, seeing that an Accessport tuner for a Golf R is $650 and the one on the 911 is $1800.

Also, the snobbery of many on Rennlist make the worst offenders on CorvetteForum look like nice guys.
max225

What does an accessport cost for a Veyron? Those lazy fucks left plenty on the table.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:58 pm What does an accessport cost for a Veyron? Those lazy fucks left plenty on the table.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:41 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:13 pm
Welcome to the real :waxer: side.
Well, yeah.. I pretty much knew it going in, seeing that an Accessport tuner for a Golf R is $650 and the one on the 911 is $1800.

Also, the snobbery of many on Rennlist make the worst offenders on CorvetteForum look like nice guys.
Should've got the Golf R

:trollface:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

911 :doe:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

https://news.yahoo.com/toyota-replacing ... 00236.html

looks like we will be getting the mazda 2 hatch.... as a yaris. :aintcare:
brain go brrrrrr
max225

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:51 pm https://news.yahoo.com/toyota-replacing ... 00236.html

Considering how many here expressed EXTREME INTEREST in this vehicle, I can't wait to see how many are going to get one and put their money where their mouth is. :popcorn:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:54 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:51 pm https://news.yahoo.com/toyota-replacing ... 00236.html

Considering how many here expressed EXTREME INTEREST in this vehicle, I can't wait to see how many are going to get one and put their money where their mouth is. :popcorn:
maybe 1. Im interested, but I'm also not in the market for a car right this second.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Chances are slim when a used sedan with 40k miles is half the price of new. Fuck eating that kind of depreciation.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:23 pm

Chances are slim when a used sedan with 40k miles is half the price of new. Fuck eating that kind of depreciation.
Yea Toyota should really consider that and price their new cars in line with used ones with 40k. Those greedy fucks
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:23 pm Chances are slim when a used sedan with 40k miles is half the price of new. Fuck eating that kind of depreciation.
Yea Toyota should really consider that and price their new cars in line with used ones with 40k. Those greedy fucks
Morans are still buying new cars for now, so they might as well keep increasing prices until sales fall off a cliff. They just won't be selling new cars to me. I'm fine with half price and a few farts.